Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I cannot wait for the new GM to be hired...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Gaine would be the ideal pick here. I think the Jets need a talent evaluator on top moreso than a cap/admin guy. I wouldnt mind hiring Khan as a president or capologist and Gaine as the GM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Braumeister;4777520]
    Cohen may very well be an excellent candidate. He worked for the Redskins under Charlie Casserly, the Jags when they were a good team in the late 90s, and the Eagles during the peak of the Andy Reid era. So the resume is actually pretty good. But he worked for Tanny the last few years, and because of that the fans will be fuming if Woody hires him.

QUOTE]

Yeah I wonder how much say Cohen had on the draft? I wonder if he focused more on free agency? Did he play a major roll in holmes signing extension and the Sanchez debacle?

Lots of question marks but like you said a very good resume.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait until Wrecks and Sukchez get bounced

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Why?
    Atrocious drafting

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post

Yeah I wonder how much say Cohen had on the draft? I wonder if he focused more on free agency? Did he play a major roll in holmes signing extension and the Sanchez debacle?

Lots of question marks but like you said a very good resume.

No one really knows. We're all making assumptions. A report did recently come out saying that Tanny sometimes ignored the advice of his scouting department on Draft Day, and instead went for whoever Rex wanted. Did Cohen echo the scouting department's thoughts, or did he go along with Tanny and took Rex's side?

No one really knows.

If we knew that he clashed at times with Tanny on personnel decisions, people might be willing to give him a chance.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Just so we can get the inevitable pissing and moaning around here over who it is out of the way and also get passed the media hatchet job that is coming.

Pete... you been here long enough to know this man... the pissing and moaning will not stop.

It will stop about not having a GM, and will start about who we picked as the GM.

And after next season, after one draft without all seven picks being starting superstars, the pissing and moaning will continue.

And it will continue to continue until the team wins a superbowl. The only reason the pissing and moaning stopped at all was because Tuna was viewed as one of us and he is revered in this area. It started after he left and has continued.

Do not look to eagerly into the future my friend... Jets fans will have or find other things to piss and moan about for sure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Out of the three candidates rumored to be "finalists" I'd also prefer Khan. He's supposed to be mostly a cap/contracts guy but if he builds a strong scouting department, and listens to them on draft day, he could be successful.
    We already have a strong scouting department,our drafts have been largely good just 2 or 3 picks too few every year down to Tannenbaum playing fast and loose with them(3rd rounder for Favre,getting nothing for Pennington,3rd and 5th for Jenkins for essentially 1 year of production etc etc).careful we don't throw the baby out with the bat water.

What we need is to make better,more efficient use of FA and Pro Scouting.This team needs another Kevin Mawae style hit in free agency.