Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Rookies Left Standing

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't buy Ryan or Flacco as guys who can win titles. It's that simple.

Ryan entered the league with a dominant running game and Roddy White. Now he probably has the best overall receiving corps in the league.

Essentially:

Take Sanchez of 2010, put a better brain on his neck and he's Ryan.

Take Sanchez of 2010, make him bigger and give him a better arm and he's Flacco.

These are game managers. Not great QB's.

I mean you have 13:01 left in the 4th, are comfortably ahead, your two RB's are averaging more than 6 yards a carry on the day, and you can't just stick your "Elite QB" Ryan on cruise control and he throws a pick and you look dumb for not running the ball.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    There was a lot of hype and excitement around the three rookie QB's during the regular season and going into the playoffs. Let's take a moment to remember just how difficult it is to go deep into the playoffs with a rookie QB. RG3 and Andrew Luck - both out in the wildcard round. Russell Wilson played a very good game yesterday but still didn't win. If Atlanta wasn't so poorly coached it would never have been that close. His game last week he had really unimpressive numbers.

It's now conventional wisdom that Mark Sanchez rode the great Jets of '09 and '10 to the conference championship. The legend of the greatness of those teams is growing by the day. Were they really that much better than yesterday's Seahawks, whose Oline gave Wilson all day to throw? Was the defense better? They have a good running game too. What about all the other teams already eliminated or who will be next week - were they so superior?

It is amazing how fast history is forgotten and rewritten.
    Wilson played better than Sanchez EVER has. EVER. He was far better than very good. Coaching had nothing to do with it. Seattle outplayed Atlanta in that game.

Sanchez sucks, please get over it already

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Wilson played better than Sanchez EVER has. EVER. He was far better than very good. Coaching had nothing to do with it. Seattle outplayed Atlanta in that game.

Sanchez sucks, please get over it already
    Right. So why did Mark get into two CG's and Wilson so far none? Were the two Jets teams Mark road to them that much better than yesterday's Seahawks? The Oline looked better the running game about equal and the defense about the same. So what's the explanation?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right. So why did Mark get into two CG's and Wilson so far none? Were the two Jets teams Mark road to them that much better than yesterday's Seahawks? The Oline looked better the running game about equal and the defense about the same. So what's the explanation?
    explanation is hawks coach was stupid and tried to ice the kicker

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about the quality of the competition?

Sanchez beat the bengals - No playoff wins in 20 or so years.
    Then beat the chargers, who always fall flat in the playoffs.

Beat a very flawed indy team by 1 point while getting 170 on the ground from greene and LT

Then deserves credit for beating the pats in the best game of his life

So in 4 games, you can make a solid argument that the 2012 falcons are better then every team sanchez beat other then the 2010 pats and frankly thats debatable as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are right. Mark's Dilferesque play during the 2009 and 2010 playoffs gives him the right to be our starting qb 3 years later. We will not take into effect that his play has turned to sh!t right before our very eyes.

Mark Sanchez for starter in 2013 and beyond based on average play from 3 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whos with me?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    You are right. Mark's Dilferesque play during the 2009 and 2010 playoffs gives him the right to be our starting qb 3 years later. We will not take into effect that his play has turned to sh!t right before our very eyes.

Mark Sanchez for starter in 2013 and beyond based on average play from 3 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whos with me?
    I know it's hard for you, but the conversation is about the Jets of 2009 and 2010. And why is that? Why has his play turned to ****?
    It's clear Sanchez c. 2012 would have **** the bed those first two years - which implicit there is that he accomplished soemthing in those two years.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-14-2013 at 01:31 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So how did they make it to two AFC CG's?

People who rationalize Sanchez's presence (and wins up to the AFCCG) seem to think they were, and the only reason they got there, and would have done so with any QB.

Yesterday's Seahawks team had to have been at least as good - defense, Oline and running game. So why aren't they in the NFC CG?
    Great, I hesitate to call the Pats 2001-2005 great. They were probably 10 great teams in the last 40 years and those jet teams are not included.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    True, but they are not in the pantheon of current "elite" QBs. My point is more that Rodgers, Manning, and Brees are all home now and while QB is still the most important position on the field, you do have to be able to play all 3 phases of the game to win.
    Or maybe we can also understand that a single-elimination tournament has an extremely high degree of variance and the outcome is not always the result of anyone's particular play. A silly turnover can ruin someone's legacy. Rodgers, Manning and Brees are all excellent quarterbacks who bring their teams in position to win high-leverage games more than anyone. They all have rings, it was just a matter of time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Were the Giants great last year?

I don't think we have seen "great teams" since the 80's niners and 90's Cowboys. No the pats were never great. They cheated.
    oooh they cheated. And I never said the pats were great But to call a team great that their height of accomplishment is losing to games before even getting to the SB is ridiculous. and if you dont think the 2007 patriots team was great, you have no idea of what you are talking about. That is like saying the 76 steelers were not a great team

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Whos with me?
    We should create a sticky thread on these forums on the difference between a QB who wins games for you, a QB who doesn't lose games for you, and a QB who you win games in spite of.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Whos with me?
    Mark looked really bad in 09 only actually had like 4 good games 2 before BE was even signed. 1 was the last PO game we lost. In 2010 as soon as they bumped him up to 30-50 throws a game he turned into a turnover machine. Even with a lot of weapons still struggle to but up 50% in most games. 2011 was his best year actually made some clutch plays for a change. The he quit on the team after that NE loss and next gained their respect back IMO. Sense then he has shown nothing and has ran his course on this team. He needs out as much as we need him out. Will never be anything more then a game manager that throws 30 times a game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Mark was disgusting this year. But not to give him credit for 4 road playoff wins is beyond stupid. Wins over Brady , Manning And Rivers. You just dont go along for the ride against those QBs
    A few points made here...I agree with all of them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    oooh they cheated. And I never said the pats were great But to call a team great that their height of accomplishment is losing to games before even getting to the SB is ridiculous. and if you dont think the 2007 patriots team was great, you have no idea of what you are talking about. That is like saying the 76 steelers were not a great team
    HAHAHAHA!!! Contradict yourself much. You start by saying " I never said the pats are great" Then you turnaround and say the 2007 pats were great.. Yes I know exactly what I am talking about. Its you I wonder about

The fact is I never said the 2010 Jets were great. They played well in the post season two years in a row. Just like the Giants did last year. And yes they played better, cuz they won the superbowl and we did not.
    Fact the 76 Steelers were great.
    Fact the 2007 pats were not great, they cheated and still did not win the superbowl.
    Last edited by Gibby; 01-14-2013 at 02:33 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Highly debatable. The Falcons performance yesterday was the epitome if mediocrity. I had said Seattle was the weakest link but Atlanta was lucky to get out alive. They are dead next week
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    How about the quality of the competition?

Sanchez beat the bengals - No playoff wins in 20 or so years.
    Then beat the chargers, who always fall flat in the playoffs.

Beat a very flawed indy team by 1 point while getting 170 on the ground from greene and LT

Then deserves credit for beating the pats in the best game of his life

So in 4 games, you can make a solid argument that the 2012 falcons are better then every team sanchez beat other then the 2010 pats and frankly thats debatable as well.