Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Public School Teaches “White Privilege” Class

  1. #1

    Public School Teaches “White Privilege” Class

    Public School Teaches “White Privilege” Class

    By Todd Starnes

    A school district in Wisconsin said they will review a high school diversity class that exposed students to radical leftist thinkers and promoted a critical race theory that alleges white people are oppressors.

    FOLLOW TODD ON FACEBOOK FOR CULTURE WAR NEWS. CLICK HERE TO JOIN!

    The “American Diversity” class was taught to students at Delavan-Darien High School in Wisconsin, Fox News has learned.

    “They’re teaching white guilt,” one parent told Fox News. “They’re dividing the students. They’re saying to non-whites, ‘You have been oppressed and you’re still being oppressed.’”

    The parent, who asked not to be identified, has an 18-year-old son who was enrolled in the class and became alarmed after she looked at some of the handouts provided to the students.

    “I felt it was indoctrination,” she said. “This is a radical left agenda and ideology that is now embedded in our school.”

    The parent said the students were taught “if you’re white, you’re oppressing. If you’re non white, you’ve been a victim.”

    According to handouts obtained by Fox News, “white privilege” was defined as “a set of advantages that are believed to be enjoyed by white people beyond those commonly experienced by non-white people in the same social, political, and economic spaces (nation, community, workplace, income, etc.”

    Students were also given a handout from University of Texas professor Robert Jensen arguing that people don’t have complete control over their fate.

    “There is not space here to list all the ways in which white privilege plays out in our lives, but it is clear that I will carry this privilege with me until the day white supremacy is erased from society,” he wrote.

    Students were also instructed to visit the toy aisle at Wal-Mart for a hands-on illustration of white privilege.

    “They were told to go and count the number of dolls that were representative of blacks as opposed to whites,” the parent said. “It’s meant to divide and victimize non-whites and condition whites to feel guilty and to be more passive.”

    She brought the material to the attention of school officials and eventually to Robert Crist, the new superintendent of the Delavan-Darien School District.

    “A lot of red flags go up in my mind when I look at the materials,” Crist told Fox News. “Her concern has merit.”

    Crist said he believes the class was being taught long before he became superintendent. The course is currently undergoing an evaluation.

    “The class will not be taught again until that process is fully complete,” Crist said.

    He said the teacher, who is young, used the materials to “stimulate the thought process.”

    “I don’t believe he intended to indoctrinate anybody,” he said.

    But the material that has been presented to students in the conservative community did concern the superintendent.

    “I’m out of an old-fashioned school,” he said. “I believe in helping kids understand the basic objectives of curriculum and not use some radical material to get a student to support some kind of a special theory.”

    The parent also reached out to the Young America’s Foundation – who first shed light on the controversial course.

    YAF staff member Brendan Pringle, called the course “race-baiting.”

    “This course offers a snapshot of a larger trend that has plagued university curriculum for years and has only recent crept into high school classrooms,” he wrote in an essay. “Professors and teachers are increasingly telling white students that they are part of the problem of racism, and are telling black students that they are second-class citizens. This race-baiting technique is an attack on American values and can only breed bitterness and envy.”

    At the same time, Crist said schools have a responsibility to prepare students for the real world.

    “There are a lot of radical people in our country and across the world,” he said. “They need to be ideally attuned to some of the different thought patterns that different cultures may have.”

    But did the teacher cross the line?

    “Ideally a teacher is not supposed to share their own viewpoint,” Crist said. “With this type of class, the teacher looks for controversial items like that to stimulate the kids into discussing things in regard to cultural diversity.”

    The parent said that’s all well and good – but the teacher only offered students one perspective and were not allowed to debate the theory.

    “This teacher has free reign to pick the material that he wanted to use,” she said. “He chose extremely radical left thinkers. He didn’t give those kids alternative information.”

    The parent said last summer her son got a job washing dishes – working sometimes 10 hours a day.

    “I was so proud of him,” she said. “And then to have a teacher tell you that you have these unearned privileges – that because you are white somehow you infringe on other people’s rights. It’s really just awful.”
    And also in School/Teacher News today:

    Teachers among 50 arrested in child sex sting

    By Lateef Mungin and Joe Sutton, CNN

    (CNN) -- They came from all over, police say, and at least one carried condoms in his pocket.

    A middle school teacher, a tourist visiting from Turkey, college students, a businessman from North Carolina. All of them were arrested in a week-long law enforcement operation, which ended Monday, that targeted men seeking sex with children.

    About 16 Florida law enforcement agencies came together to create the ruse that the suspects were chatting online with children or parents offering up their kids for sex.

    The men drove down to a pristine home in the city of Oviedo, about 19 miles from Orlando.

    Footage released by authorities captured their surprise as their illicit date turned into a rough tackle by a posse of officers.

    The black and white footage shows officers slamming the men against the wall of the home before cuffing them. At least one man led police on a brief footchase in the front yard before they took him down.

    One of the men, authorities said, was a Florida high school English teacher who arrived at the decoy home with condoms in his pocket planning to have sex with a 14-year-old girl.

    Before coming to the home, he sent photos of himself to the undercover officer, Florida detectives said.

    "He said he had a lot to lose," Seminole County Maj. Dennis Lemma told reporters.

    A middle school science teacher arrived, planning to have sex with a 14-year-old boy, authorities said.

    Another man arrested was an elementary school interpreter for deaf children, investigators said, who had posted an online advertisement for a 13-year-old boy.

    A school janitor also turned up, police said.

    In all, 50 suspects where arrested. They ranged in ages of 19 to 60.

  2. #2
    Sex education run wild.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    889
    Found the first piece interesting. The second is what it is.

    These kinds of discussions and the people from all sides presenting them are very peculiar to me. I had a professor in college (African American) who swore up, down and sideways that she always had to introduce herself as Dr. College Professor because otherwise people wouldn't believe she had her Ph D because she was black. Or another time she got home from a retail store to discover the security tag was still on whatever she had bought. She claimed she had to call the loss prevention people and explain the situation before she attempted to return to the store lest they would have expected her of stealing said item as she was black.

    Another time when that professor missed class, a colleague of hers (white, also a Ph D.) basically reiterated the same position as the teacher in the article did of white privelege, etc. As a predominantly white classroom of students we literally couldn't believe what both of these educated (allegedly) were saying. It wasn't even a spirited debate amongst the students but the students vs. the respective teachers.

    I (white) grew up as the minority in my area and to me race never bothered me or affected my opinion of people. What affected (affects) my opinion of people is the way they portray themselves. Unfortunately there are stereotypes that exist and just enough people to perpetuate those stereotypes accross generations.

    Are there people out there who try to oppress minority groups? Without a doubt. Those people to me are about as low as it gets and there is a special place in hell for them. However, to make a gross generalization the whites are predispositionally inferior is pretty irresponsible. Also so is any one of a minority group who hinds behind such claims. Case-in-point the "descriminated" minority firefighter candidates. To say that whites are more capable to pass an entrance exam (written at a 5th grade reading level) than minority counterparts simply because they are white is a logic, that to me is inexplicable. Worse yet are the implications placed on those minority candidates that do pass. They certainly aren't less able because of their skin color.

    The other side of the coin that I always do wonder about in these kinds of discussions is wether or not I am naive because success as been artificially more accessible to me as a white person.

    I hope not?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    Found the first piece interesting. The second is what it is.

    These kinds of discussions and the people from all sides presenting them are very peculiar to me. I had a professor in college (African American) who swore up, down and sideways that she always had to introduce herself as Dr. College Professor because otherwise people wouldn't believe she had her Ph D because she was black. Or another time she got home from a retail store to discover the security tag was still on whatever she had bought. She claimed she had to call the loss prevention people and explain the situation before she attempted to return to the store lest they would have expected her of stealing said item as she was black.

    Another time when that professor missed class, a colleague of hers (white, also a Ph D.) basically reiterated the same position as the teacher in the article did of white privelege, etc. As a predominantly white classroom of students we literally couldn't believe what both of these educated (allegedly) were saying. It wasn't even a spirited debate amongst the students but the students vs. the respective teachers.

    I (white) grew up as the minority in my area and to me race never bothered me or affected my opinion of people. What affected (affects) my opinion of people is the way they portray themselves. Unfortunately there are stereotypes that exist and just enough people to perpetuate those stereotypes accross generations.

    Are there people out there who try to oppress minority groups? Without a doubt. Those people to me are about as low as it gets and there is a special place in hell for them. However, to make a gross generalization the whites are predispositionally inferior is pretty irresponsible. Also so is any one of a minority group who hinds behind such claims. Case-in-point the "descriminated" minority firefighter candidates. To say that whites are more capable to pass an entrance exam (written at a 5th grade reading level) than minority counterparts simply because they are white is a logic, that to me is inexplicable. Worse yet are the implications placed on those minority candidates that do pass. They certainly aren't less able because of their skin color.

    The other side of the coin that I always do wonder about in these kinds of discussions is wether or not I am naive because success as been artificially more accessible to me as a white person.

    I hope not?
    All you need to know is reverse discrimination is not viewed as a problem, which by definition makes the entire argument misguided at best.

    I once had a colleague tell me minorities suffer from "slave syndrome" and therefore cannot be blamed for not taking advantage of all the perks available to them (perks my children will never qualify for). I felt like you -- what an insult that seemed to be, that minorities weren't capable of making positive life choices, and as a result "whites" were responsible to take care of them. Yet that's a big reality out there, and I don't see it changing any time soon.

    Meanwhile these kids are walking around with technology I could only dream of owning, but it's OK because their great-grandfather MIGHT have been persecuted -- the same person who would probably turn over in his grave if he saw what freedoms his future offspring were throwing away . . .

  5. #5
    Nice combination of articles.

    Obvious conclusion: Public School Teachers are horrible and child rapists.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,159
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I once had a colleague tell me minorities suffer from "slave syndrome" and therefore cannot be blamed for not taking advantage of all the perks available to them (perks my children will never qualify for).
    This lib guilt is the most insideous type of racism out there, and responsible in large part for the large segment of minority communities that havent advanced beyond depending on the government for handouts to survive in an era where we have a black President.

    I was raised in a liberal home, educated on the elementary level by primarily libs...and went to a VERY liberal College. I was some smug piece of work when I graduated.... and border line self-hating for all the wrongs I had done to the poor minorities!

    THen I got a real job where I interacted with these same poor minorities on a daily basis. I was in their homes, schools and playgrounds on a daily basis for over 12 years...I worked along side of many of them.

    That is where I learned we were betraying these people with this insideous, latent racist bullsh*te.

    -

  7. #7
    These people are sick in the head. Deranged.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Obvious conclusion: Public School Teachers are horrible and child rapists.
    Gotta love the article title. A broad cross section of society - ages and professions - was arrested en masse for a heinous sick crime, and I do get that theres more focus on professions that work with kids when it comes to crimes like this - teachers, priests, doctors, etc. - but its pretty slanted headline writing.

    3/50 were identified as teachers. 4 if you count the janitor. 46-47 out of 50 were assumedly businessmen, college students, tourists, etc.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Gotta love the article title. A broad cross section of society - ages and professions - was arrested en masse for a heinous sick crime, and I do get that theres more focus on professions that work with kids when it comes to crimes like this - teachers, priests, doctors, etc. - but its pretty slanted headline writing.

    3/50 were identified as teachers. 4 if you count the janitor. 46-47 out of 50 were assumedly businessmen, college students, tourists, etc.
    =================================================

    So you are saying 3 out 50 pedo's are teachers?


    Joking, I agree with slanted headline.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us