Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The press conference I am dreading

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    Exactly. what has he done lately...squat, nada, zilch, zero, stinko.
    Just like Tebow from the bench....

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    All I needed to know...
    U can read. Well phuck U R a genius now.

I'd give U a clue butt phuck you would have no idea.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mark Sanchez is the Billy Cundiff of quarterbacks. Hes shot. Its over.

He will never get back to putting up Dilferesque numbers like he did 3 years ago. Oh the horror.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    SAR, you are aware that it is 2013 right? Stop posting stats from 3 years ago. They are irrelevant. Sanchez is not the same guy. He is shot.

Like a kicker who was ok and missed a big kick and now he cant make a kick to save his life. Thats sanchez. Hes done.

Stop posting stuff from 2010. Its an eternity ago.
    A kicker doesn't rely on quality talent around him to make a pressure kick. It's snapped, it's put down, he either hits it or he doesn't.

Opening day 2011 nobody was worried about Mark Sanchez. He endured his few first rookie bumps and then led us deep in the playoffs in back-to-back seasons. We went south on Mark Sanchez when the entire team went south, having lost talented people, having suffered some injuries, and having dysfunctional offensive coordinators.

Mark stinks right now. Anyone can see that. But there is still a chance that the player we saw take us to an 11-5 record and the player we saw playing very well in 6 high-pressure playoff games is still in there. He just needs a little help to come out.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    A kicker doesn't rely on quality talent around him to make a pressure kick. It's snapped, it's put down, he either hits it or he doesn't.

Opening day 2011 nobody was worried about Mark Sanchez. He endured his few first rookie bumps and then led us deep in the playoffs in back-to-back seasons. We went south on Mark Sanchez when the entire team went south, having lost talented people, having suffered some injuries, and having dysfunctional offensive coordinators.

Mark stinks right now. Anyone can see that. But there is still a chance that the player we saw take us to an 11-5 record and the player we saw playing very well in 6 high-pressure playoff games is still in there. He just needs a little help to come out.

SAR I
    I surely hope you are right SAR because sure as heck Marky will be a Jet QB next year. No way he is leaving with the contract and the tattoo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Even if he comes back, hes jsut trent dilfer. His ceiling is no higher. So why would you even want that guy back?

The scary thing is that I'm reading it and hearing and seeing Rex say all that in my head.

Practice Squad
    Even if he comes back, hes jsut trent dilfer. His ceiling is no higher. So why would you even want that guy back?
    Because of the contract and the fact that 2014 is the first chance we'll have at a franchise QB again...there's nothing in FA or this year's draft that is a long term solution...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Because Rex Ryan is still our head coach. And Rex Ryan's strategy to glory doesn't require a quarterback greater than Trent Dilfer.

And, by the way, Trent Dilfer made some big-time throws in the playoffs and especially the Super Bowl, you could've sworn he was Johnny Unitas back there for a moment.

As we saw this weekend, a team concept can get you deep in the playoffs. But ultimately you need a quarterback who can play above his level in the biggest games and not wilt under the pressure. Say what you want about Mark Sanchez, but his postseasons were money. Exactly what a Rex Ryan built team needed and still needs.

SAR I

Some quarterbacks are playoff-ready and some are not. You could see it all through the weekend, QB's that play badly under playoff pressure.

Say what you want about Mark Sanchez, but he's money in the playoffs. 60% completions, 9 TD's to 3 INT's, QBR of 94.5. 4-2 record. Arguably the best Jet on the field in the two losses. 6 playoff games, not a bad one yet.

It's the primary reason I want him to get a legitimate second look in a new offense. There's no point in going to the playoffs if your QB isn't capable of handling it once he's there. Mark Sanchez has cleared that hurdle.

SAR I
    Agreed. I would also add that he played well in 4 of those games, and not too well in the other 2. But the 2 he didnt play well in, he led a game winning drive in the 4th quarter (Colts and Chargers).

gotta say I think I'm on board with Mark starting this year here's why.

Let's get all of the cap pain out of the way in 2013.

With Mark and Rex I would not mind if the season totally tanks.New coach,qb,possible gm depending or not if Woody brings in a puppet next year

then among the top draft picks next year,Clowney,Bridgewater,and possibly Johnny football (think Russell Wilson has opened the door for short qb's)

There is no doubt in my mind Sanchez will be the starting qb next year.Rex won't start anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    That was hilarious!
    No it's not funny at all. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    New York September 1, 2013, watching in living room:

Rex: OK, first of all I want to let everyone know that Mark will be the starting QB next Sunday. We just feel...I'll tell you this: Mark did everything that was asked of him this offseason, I mean he was the first guy in and the last guy out. No one worked harder. He just really dedicated himself and did everything we asked.

I know that some people think that Mark had a bad season last year or whatever, but listen that is on more than one guy, I mean its not all on Mark. If Santnio doesn't go down...we had a lot of injuries and all that and like I said before, you know, I didn't really imprint on this team what I wanted this offense to be...

I know people say "ground and pound" but really that was meant for the specific personnel we had and I guess we got too wrapped up in that and I should have done a better job of letting evereyone know that what I wanted was an "all weather" offense...attacking like on defense, so maybe we let Mark down a little there.

But I know this: Mark got us to 2 AFC Championship games, and I really believe that he is the guy to get us there again...thats why we brough in Cam...Mark and him are like this, and Mark has been working really hard and doing everything we ask....I just believe that Mark gives us the best chance to win next week against Miami....I know you guys don't really like that answer much but I truly believe it and it is my call. So with that I will open it up to questions:

Leberfield: Rex,Dan Leberfield Jets Confidential in the three pre-season games Sanchez didn't throw any touchdowns, had 3 picks and only scored 6 points on offense. How can you say that he gives you the best chance to win?

Rex: Look: it's a new system and they are all learning but Cam is doing exciting things with this offense, you know the pistol and all that...so I mean its not all going to come together right away but I am very confident in Mark, I just feel that way

Mehta: Rex, numerous "sources" have said that many players are really frustrated with Mark continuing to start and feel like McElroy or Nassib should be given a chance. Why arent those guys getting a shot?

Rex: Mark give us the best chance to win. By the way Mehta, any truth to the rumor that you have a tattoo of Cimini in a Tebow Jersey?

The rest of the press conference was lost as apparently the TV cannot handle the impact of a large red brick very well.

I wish this were more tongue in cheek, bit honestly tell me that you don't expect to hear almost these exact words from Rex in 7 months?
    Good effort, I made my edits in bold!!!!

Disagree...Dilfer was more accurate, therefore his ceiling is about as high as the curb, which is also about as tall as he is.

Ryan is trying to sell "Attack Offense" now, when the QB he starts is a midget and has had more Pick 6's from DLinemen than probably any QB in history, and in only 4 years.

What sickens me the most is watching these play-off games, when Defense should be King...yet every game is a barn burner 35, 40 points, and then I look at my team AND the Offense can BARELY PUT UP 10 F**KIN POINTS!!!

I don't want to hear about injuries. As bad as Sparano is as an OC he actually designed plays where I saw a WR get open, something I hadn't seen in 6 years, yet Sanchez can't even hit a guy who is wide open.

What about the tons of games when the Jets had All-Pros and even a SB MVP littering the Offense and Sanchez would trot into the lockerroom at Half Time with ZERO TD's on the board.

Face it, part of the reason the Jets drafted Sanchez was Woody Johnson thinking he could put his face on a billboard, now the consensus is he was a huge reach and at best a 4th Rd. pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Good effort, I made my edits in bold!!!!

LOL
    hahahaha, you beat me to the Leberfield edit !

with that said,
    I can actually hear rex saying this crap

Quote Originally Posted by joe willie View Post
    LOL
    hahahaha, you beat me to the Leberfield edit !

with that said,
    I can actually hear rex saying this crap
    I think he nailed it word for word....

To tell you the truth if he can become Trent Dilfer that would be good enough. With a RB and a defense the Jets can compete. Dilfer won a SB. Isnt that being too optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    U can read. Well phuck U R a genius now.

I'd give U a clue butt phuck you would have no idea.

Sorry but Mark is no Trent Dilfer

Because Rex Ryan is still our head coach. And Rex Ryan's strategy to glory doesn't require a quarterback greater than Trent Dilfer.

And, by the way, Trent Dilfer made some big-time throws in the playoffs and especially the Super Bowl, you could've sworn he was Johnny Unitas back there for a moment.

As we saw this weekend, a team concept can get you deep in the playoffs. But ultimately you need a quarterback who can play above his level in the biggest games and not wilt under the pressure. Say what you want about Mark Sanchez, but his postseasons were money. Exactly what a Rex Ryan built team needed and still needs.

SAR I
    From Trent's Wikepedia article:
    Dilfer was described as a game manager quarterback for the Ravens that season: He "wasn't elite, but he didn't make costly mistakes, and was supported by a dominant defense."[

A game manager does not make costly mistakes. This past season and before, Mark did. Mark is no Trent Dilfer. He did not play at his level.

All League
    agree or disagree....he did a hell of a job on that presser....it sounded just like rex. well done.

oh my god i hope ur wrong.