Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else rather see Tony Gonzalez go out on top rather than Ray Lewis?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    "And so I'm gonna take this.....and I'm gonna write it down on a piece of paper.....and I'm gonna put that paper inside my helmet.....so that every time I make a play......What they said is on my mind......and I will USE IT as MOTIVATION......and I will give them EVERYTHING.....EVERYTHING that they said I couldn't give...."

"Ray, you've given these people everything!"

"Not everything....not yet..."

Eff him!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Lewis and Reed have theirs I don't think Gonzo does so yeah. Blank is the biggest douche owner IMO. I would love to see Abe, Gonzo, White, McClure, Turner, Clabo, Peterson, Samuel, and Robinson win one really just not wearing an Atlanta jersey.
    That's a ridiculous statement and completely unfounded.

He's one of the best owners in the league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement and completely unfounded.

He's one of the best owners in the league.
    god I hope you are kidding. I work in Atlanta all the time and even lived close for a few years. He is not well liked down there at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Eff him!
    +1000000000000000000

FUKK him!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    god I hope you are kidding. I work in Atlanta all the time and even lived close for a few years. He is not well liked down there at all.
    I live in Atlanta. The only opposition that Blank has received is in his attempt to use public funding to build a new stadium, and that's all come within the last year. Even still, that's from a tax payer point of view and not a fan point of view. I've never heard anyone talk poorly about Blank. On the contrary I've heard many praise him for his passion about the Falcons and wanting to put a winner on the field.

Go read the fan comments yourself. All of these are just on page one. Like I said, your statement is completely false and more indicative of your personal feelings towards him... probably from jealousy and that you don't like seeing him standing on the sidelines. I would love it if Blank bought the Jets instead of the Falcons. In fact many of us down here were begging him to buy the Thrashers because we were dying for a real owner who cared about winning. Unfortunately he wasn't interested in hockey.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...e-2012-season/

Arthur Blank, an owner who is a professional, a humanitarian, and a class act.
    I will second that notion. Mr. Blank is a real class act and has been a great owner for us. He understands what makes organizations consistently great over the long haul. He understands how to choose, motivate and reward all the coaches, players and adminstrators required to consistently succeed. Atlanta has been a tough market for him because the fans base has never really gelled for professional football. Mr. Blank is gradually building a strong fan base too and I hope to one day see it rival that of the Patriots, Packers, Bears and many other such teams in the NFL. Thanks for building a great team for us Mr. Blank and GO FALCONS!
    Mr Blank is a great owner who put his money and efforts into the Falcons. No doubt about it.
    I love Mr. Blanks, being a Falcon fan since the mid 70’s. Thank you for your efforts to provide us a team we can be proud of and cheer for every Sunday. Go Falcons.
    Glad we have Arthur as our team owner. Glad we have Coach Smith too. He has done a great job…
    Last edited by southside; 01-14-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

I'd rather see Tony G then Ray L go out with a championship.

Ray might be a God fearing man but last I looked, Tony didn't have a cloud of mystery hanging over his head, 2 people murdered with 1 infant never knowing who her father was, a white suit that Ray wore that night that was never recovered? not to mention a settlement paid out by Ray.

Ray might very well be a different guy now then he was then and with all his good will in the many past years, it doesn't make up for what happened the night before the Super Bowl in 2000.

Tony G has always been a professional on the field and a class guy off it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Personally, I think San Francisco is going to win. But I'd love to see Tony Gonzalez get the ring he deserves. He's a great player and has more than earned it.

The only team I want to lose is the Patriots. I'd be happy for any of the other 3 teams.

- If SF wins, it means the Jim Harbaugh era has really begun and he's the next great NFL coach (which he is regardless).

- If BAL wins, Ray Lewis goes out on top and Ray Rice from Rutgers will be a champion.

- If ATL wins, Gonzalez gets his ring and Matt Ryan steps into elite company.
    I think you forgot someone

NE - Brandon Lloyd! Get that merc a ring!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reasons why I'm rooting for the Ravens to win it all:

1. An AFC representative other than the Pats, Steelers, or a Peyton Manning-led team for the first time in 10 years.
    2. Torrey Smith- he's a beast.
    3. How can you not root for a team that knocked off Manning and Brady in back to back weeks? Hint: it has happened once before.
    4. I think the 49ers are incredibly overrated.
    5. The Ravens helped the Vagiants miss the playoffs.
    6. The Ravens didn't beat the Jets this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I live in Atlanta. The only opposition that Blank has received is in his attempt to use public funding to build a new stadium, and that's all come within the last year. Even still, that's from a tax payer point of view and not a fan point of view. I've never heard anyone talk poorly about Blank. On the contrary I've heard many praise him for his passion about the Falcons and wanting to put a winner on the field.

Go read the fan comments yourself. All of these are just on page one. Like I said, your statement is completely false and more indicative of your personal feelings towards him... probably from jealousy and that you don't like seeing him standing on the sidelines. I would love it if Blank bought the Jets instead of the Falcons. In fact many of us down here were begging him to buy the Thrashers because we were dying for a real owner who cared about winning. Unfortunately he wasn't interested in hockey.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...e-2012-season/
    Well I'll be back in Peachtree next month but I don't it has changed much. He has been a bad owner for years.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Does anybody else feel the same way?
    +1000000000

When the cameras/reporters immediately went to Ray after the Ravens won.... I was apoplectic.

Where was Flacco?

Enough with this guy.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    +1000000000

When the cameras/reporters immediately went to Ray after the Ravens won.... I was apoplectic.

Where was Flacco?

Enough with this guy.

-
    I change the channel when ESPN covers him etc... I hate this guy.

6 kids from 4 different mothers I heard?

A REAL stand up guy

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray Lewis never murdered anybody. Whether he was there or not or hanging with the wrong people or whatever was almost 15 years ago. The guy has been one of the greatest role model to ever set foot on a football field since. He's a man of god and an inspiration to many people. The man deserves to go out on top. On the other hand I wouldnt not mind seeing Tony Gonzalez win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No big deal, the Falcons are set to fly east, west, north and south /home next week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BallinPB View Post
    Ray Lewis never murdered anybody. Whether he was there or not or hanging with the wrong people or whatever was almost 15 years ago. The guy has been one of the greatest role model to ever set foot on a football field since. He's a man of god and an inspiration to many people. The man deserves to go out on top. On the other hand I wouldnt not mind seeing Tony Gonzalez win.
    6 kids, 4 women? Role model for who?

Oh I get it now. never mind.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'll be back in Peachtree next month but I don't it has changed much. He has been a bad owner for years.
    Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about, and now you just sound dumb.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I would rather see anyone go out on top rather than Ray Lewis. Guy is a drama queen!!!
    Hope Gonzo gets it. Lewis is too self absorbed and self indulgent for my liking, besides Tony is playing at a much higher level right now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    6 kids, 4 women? Role model for who?
    With those kind of numbers I can only think of Cromartie.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at all these swagless haters being buttmad at da bess.

HATERS ARE HIS MOTIVATORS!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BallinPB View Post
    This was the subject you were waiting for... when you joined 5 years ago?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lewis and Reed have theirs I don't think Gonzo does so yeah. .
    Ed Reed was still banging cheerleaders at the U, when Lewis got his Ring.
    But point taken.....