Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone else rather see Tony Gonzalez go out on top rather than Ray Lewis?

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    Murder trial

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated-assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[36]

Lewis' attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[37] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[12] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[38] and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[39] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.

Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000.[40][41] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.

The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, the signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead to quarterback Trent Dilfer.

On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.[40]

I guess Lewis, like Michael Jackson did NOTHING WRONG yet both reached out of court settlements for large sums of money because they didn't do anything wrong? WOW! both guys were very benevolent
    Sorry, all I got from this was that this name is almost hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Have you ever heard the term "willfully ignorant"?

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Have you ever heard the term "willfully ignorant"?
    Have you ever heard the term "Internet police"?
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 01-15-2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Eggshells everywhere on this board.

All League
    I'm rooting for little Danny Woodhead.

Exclamation

Says the guy named 'Incognito"

I guess when the article is factual there isn't much to reply to otherwise

Hey, are you related to the dude on the Dolphins?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    So just by that you can judge someone's character?

Stay classy JI
    YES.

Says the guy named 'Incognito"

I guess when the article is factual there isn't much to reply to otherwise

Hey, are you related to the dude on the Dolphins?
    1 It's an old Simpsons reference, but well played guy!
    (En espanol tambien)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KVHURoOZiY
    2 Facts? I never said this guy was squeaky clean. But there is a case going in his favor as well.
    The name did make me laugh tho.
    3 NO! I'm in the process of filing a lawsuit against that fraud and if one more person I meet asks me that, so help me......

1 It's an old Simpsons reference, but well played guy!
    (En espanol tambien)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KVHURoOZiY
    2 Facts? I never said this guy was squeaky clean. But there is a case going in his favor as well.
    The name did make me laugh tho.
    3 NO! I'm in the process of filing a lawsuit against that fraud and if one more person I meet asks me that, so help me......

I watch the Simpsons and never realized that! LMAO!

Well played old chap, well played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSvkyV9j6d4
    Last edited by Inspector Oofus; 01-15-2013 at 09:19 PM.

I watch the Simpsons and never realized that! LMAO!

Well played old chap, well played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSvkyV9j6d4
    WTF!?
    That was good!

Lewis is a murderer & his friend is doing the time enough said..