Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else rather see Tony Gonzalez go out on top rather than Ray Lewis?

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    This was the subject you were waiting for... when you joined 5 years ago?

I think BallinPB is really an extra account created by a JI Member that is either bored or was banned(more likely).

Gonzo = Greatest Tight End Ever.

He is the Jerry Rice of his position.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y...n#.UPTTbSfAeYA

Old Saturday Night Live - TV Funhouse - Ray Lewis

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Ray has something Gonzalez does not have.....a Superbowl ring....even if the Ravens lose, Ray still has a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Every year when the playoffs comes, there's always a storyline involved for each team, that makes people gravitate towards them more.

This year the big one is Ray Lewis. It seems everybody is rooting for the Ravens, because they want to see Ray go out on top and end his career with a ring.

Lost in all this however, is that he's not the only future HOF'er who is going to retire at the end of the year. Atlanta's TE Tony Gonzalez is also retiring at the season's end.

Gonzo is hands down the greatest Tight End of all time. He deserves to add a ring to his legendary career. And while I love Ray Lewis as a player and have the utmost respect for him, he already has a ring. Tony has never even sniffed a championship. This is the closest he's been and the closest he ever will be to getting a title. So with all due respect to Ray, I'm rooting for the GOAT TE to ride off into the sunset with a ring around his finger.

Does anybody else feel the same way?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Ill take either since it means the Patriots lost.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Ill take either since it means the Patriots lost.
    +1

Even though I will be rooting for the Ravens on Sunday as if I was a real fan. Would love to see #52 go out on top.

I can't stand Ray Lewis, still I hope the Ravens beat the Pats.

Ray Lewis all the way
    IDGAF about Gonzalez.
    As far as football players go, Ray is infinitely more important to his team than Tony has ever been. On a playmaking level as an individual, and on a leadership level as a teammate.
    There is zero comparison between the two, and that's why the media coverage has been the way it is.
    Call Tony the best TE ever, but there'll be another to challenge that. We may already have someone to challenge that in Gronkowski, we'll have to see of course.

You will NEVER find another Ray Lewis.

Edit: regarding the murder rap, read the articles, read the interviews, if Lewis was a nobody, he wouldn't be the target he is. This is about people looking for money, and he's got it. Also the two who were killed weren't exactly model citizens if my memory serves me. Doesn't mean they deserve to die of course, but it's not like someone walked up to a priest and killed him.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 01-15-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I change the channel when ESPN covers him etc... I hate this guy.

6 kids from 4 different mothers I heard?

A REAL stand up guy
    So just by that you can judge someone's character?

Stay classy JI

What about Randy Moss? Even more lost is Randy Moss being on the 49ers.

Getting a win Preference

Randy Moss > Tony G > Ray Lewis > Danny Woodhead.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by joykilla View Post
    What about Randy Moss? Even more lost is Randy Moss being on the 49ers.

Getting a win Preference

Randy Moss > Tony G > Ray Lewis > Danny Woodhead.
    Unless you are a Marshall alumni why would any Jet fan give a rats ass about Randy ex Patriot Moss getting a ring? Fck him.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Ray Lewis all the way
    IDGAF about Gonzalez.
    As far as football players go, Ray is infinitely more important to his team than Tony has ever been. On a playmaking level as an individual, and on a leadership level as a teammate.
    There is zero comparison between the two, and that's why the media coverage has been the way it is.
    Call Tony the best TE ever, but there'll be another to challenge that. We may already have someone to challenge that in Gronkowski, we'll have to see of course.

Edit: regarding the murder rap, read the articles, read the interviews, if Lewis was a nobody, he wouldn't be the target he is. This is about people looking for money, and he's got it. Also the two who were killed weren't exactly model citizens if my memory serves me. Doesn't mean they deserve to die of course, but it's not like someone walked up to a priest and killed him.

Uhhhh.... Get the F*** ON with that nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Uhhhh.... Get the F*** ON with that nonsense!
    Hahahaa, yeah I guess that's unnecessary at this point, though I did drop the caveat with the "may" and "we'll have to see of course".
    Can't deny the stunod meathead can play tho.

Hall Of Fame
    Also the two who were killed weren't exactly model citizens if my memory serves me. Doesn't mean they deserve to die of course, but it's not like someone walked up to a priest and killed him.
    wtf?

no need to defame murder victims to lionize a guy *who had something to do* with their murders.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    wtf?

no need to defame murder victims to lionize a guy *who had something to do* with their murders.
    I didn't. As I remembered, their records showed that.
    Sorry, my point wasn't clear though I guess.
    I was trying to insinuate that none of us know what happened that night and it's just as possible that Lewis had something to do with their deaths as it is that Lewis and co were attacked and defending themselves.

Two men died that night, no one here knows with certainty that they were murdered, and no one here knows with certainty that Ray Lewis had something to do with them dying either.

That's all the energy I'm gonna waste on this subject.
    Next time I'll try to be more clear in what I type so I don't accidentally lionize accomplices to murder.

Have a great day everybody!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I want to see the Jets go out on top, screw Lewis and Gonzaga.

Exclamation

Ray Lewis all the way
    IDGAF about Gonzalez.

Murder trial

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated-assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[36]

Lewis' attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[37] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[12] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[38] and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[39] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.

Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000.[40][41] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.

The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, the signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead to quarterback Trent Dilfer.

On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.[40]

I guess Lewis, like Michael Jackson did NOTHING WRONG yet both reached out of court settlements for large sums of money because they didn't do anything wrong? WOW! both guys were very benevolent

Hahahaa, yeah I guess that's unnecessary at this point, though I did drop the caveat with the "may" and "we'll have to see of course".
    Can't deny the stunod meathead can play tho.
    The meathead CAN play.... When his arm isn't broken... And when Tom Brady is passing the ball.

I doubt he'd have anything near the success that Tony G has had, being the only playmaker on the field for a lot of his career.

He's played on some AWFUL teams... I can't see gronk making plays like Tony has.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I want to see the Jets go out on top, screw Lewis and Gonzaga.
    but we ARE at the top!

Of the headlines! Just like Woody wants!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    The meathead CAN play.... When his arm isn't broken... And when Tom Brady is passing the ball.

I doubt he'd have anything near the success that Tony G has had, being the only playmaker on the field for a lot of his career.

He's played on some AWFUL teams... I can't see gronk making plays like Tony has.
    All very good points.
    Though we knew he'd be good coming out of college, like I said before, we'll have t see what his future holds.