Thread: A Potential Chain of Command Issue

A Potential Chain of Command Issue

I read an article just now that implies a portion of the issue w the Jets finding a GM is that Neil Glat acts as intermediary between the the GM and the owner.

The article says Glat has been asking esoteric football questions during the GM interviews.

It could be putting GM's off during the process.

They have to expect that someone would have to ask football specific questions cause Woody has no clue. Woody has to defer to someone cause he doesnt know a 3-4 from a 4-3... a wildcat from a house cat.

And the dysfunction continues....

WTF are "esoteric football questions". We ain't interviewing a philosophy instructor. I want to run, pass, and score...not discuss why the field is green

More speculation......dump..

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    WTF are "esoteric football questions". We ain't interviewing a philosophy instructor. I want to run, pass, and score...not discuss why the field is green

es·o·ter·ic
    /ˌesəˈterik/Adjective
    Intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest.

Synonyms
    occult - private - mystic

Glat is asking specific questions about football. Detailed questions. I assume he is tryna be throrough. Thats a good thing, but it may be putting canidates off becasue it looks to them like they will be dealing with Glat more than Johnson.

Johnson has no clue so someone needs to ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    More speculation......dump..

Maybe... came from Mike Florio, so take it for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fumes View Post
    es·o·ter·ic
    /ˌesəˈterik/Adjective
    Intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest.

Synonyms
    occult - private - mystic

Glat is asking specific questions about football. Detailed questions. I assume he is tryna be throrough. Thats a good thing, but it may be putting canidates off becasue it looks to them like they will be dealing with Glat more than Johnson.

Johnson has no clue so someone needs to ask questions.
    So isn't that a good thing for a person who knows football to be asking them questions about football?

Hall Of Fame
    Already discussed in the News Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Already discussed in the News Thread.

apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    So isn't that a good thing for a person who knows football to be asking them questions about football?
    If he knows football so well, why does most of his staff get shi*tcanned yearly. Why does his offense make the 60's Packers look revolutionary. Why does he keep Wrecks, the coach who will imprint his attack personality on his team in YEAR FIVE. Why is his team the butt of national jokes?
    Seems to me Woody needs to shi^tcan this waste of a paycheck ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    If he knows football so well, why does most of his staff get shi*tcanned yearly. Why does his offense make the 60's Packers look revolutionary. Why does he keep Wrecks, the coach who will imprint his attack personality on his team in YEAR FIVE. Why is his team the butt of national jokes?
    Seems to me Woody needs to shi^tcan this waste of a paycheck ASAP

Maybe he does, and I for one was not suggesting that Glat is some sort of football mastermind. I was merely stating what we already know. If Woody made hisown decision without any input from anyone who knows anything about football, I COULD woo him on an interview cause he doesnt know $h!t about football.

Glat may be his sounding board. Not sure. We all agree tho that Johnson wouldnt know the diff between a Too Deep Zone at the local beach and a Two Deep Zone in the defensive meeting room. All he would know is one probably has to do with water and the other probably has to do with football.

Someone needs to be able to let Johnson know that the prospective GM aint just talking crap. Fire Glat? Fine. But Woody will need a translator between he and the GM cause he just has no clue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    WTF are "esoteric football questions".

So what exactly do you mean by "Salary...Cap"? hmmmm