Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: The next Jets QB!

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Barnegat,NJ
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like

    The next Jets QB!

    This QB is a Flacco clone and it would be great to have a QB that has a cannon for an arm!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygMU8GbWPE

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,509
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm one of the few who supports Glennon.

    And I'd say that Flacco is a pretty dead on comparison.

    And like Flacco, I'll pretty much guarantee that he shoots up into the Top 20 come draft day.

    6'6 235, cannon for an arm, tough, sneaky athletic, good head on his shoulders, and football is his first love.

    I'd rather roll the dice on a potential stud QB than take the 3rd/4th rated passrusher at #9.

    People need to stop automatically assuming that we'll be in the running for Bridgewater/Manziel next year.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 01-14-2013 at 06:31 PM.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only issue I have with him is I don't think he makes it to us in the 2nd. You have too many teams pick bottom 1st and early 2nd that could use a project QB like him. He will likely be the 3rd or 4th QB off the board.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is he as dumb as Flacco?

  6. #6
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Williamstown NJ
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard good things about QB Zac Dysert Miami Ohio. He should be available in the second or third round.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am all for this guy! I would trade a 2nd and a 4th to move back into the first round and take this guy around 25!

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree - #9 is a tweener pick - all things considered I wouldn't have a problem with the Glennon pick.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm one of the few who supports Glennon.

    And I'd say that Flacco is a pretty dead on comparison.

    And like Flacco, I'll pretty much guarantee that he shoots up into the Top 20 come draft day.

    6'6 235, cannon for an arm, tough, sneaky athletic, good head on his shoulders, and football is his first love.

    I'd rather roll the dice on a potential stud QB than take the 3rd/4th rated passrusher at #9.

    People need to stop automatically assuming that we'll be in the running for Bridgewater/Manziel next year.
    I understand what you are saying, but respectfully disagree. You don't roll the dice on a top ten pick and hope and wish that it turns out. You trust your scouting and personnel people and try to identify your franchise quarterback. If he's in the draft you move up to get him. If he's not you take the best player available at a position of need for your team. Look at the redskins. Two years ago they didn't see a franchise quarterback so the went LT. When they identified a franchise quarterback the moved up and got him. Injury aside - the model seems to be working.

    IMHO - the only quarterback with first round talent is Smith. If the jets think he will be awesome they should try and get him (likely costs multiple first and second round picks). I don't think he is A franchise quarterback so I support staying at 9 for a Mingo type player or trading back. Now if the jets think Glennon, Nassib or Manuel has top 15/20 talent taking him at 9 isn't crazy. I just don't see rolling the dice with a top ten pick for somebody with third round talent (which is what I believe Glennon is).
    Last edited by nycuse; 01-14-2013 at 07:03 PM.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if you don't want Flacco...


    How about we don't pick based on need and take the best available player.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    What if you don't want Flacco...


    How about we don't pick based on need and take the best available player.
    Big mistake if you take this guy at 9... However in late first, early second it makes sense... Just not sure what we would have to do to get him around 25 or later!

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    For every tall guy with a big arm like Flacco that succeeds there are 3 Kyle Bollers as well. Under 60% completion in college is a massive red flag. Jake Locker is the last guy to go high that was so inaccurate in college. Is he lighting up the league? He's a bust, even if the Titans don't know it yet.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    That film is very impressive. The best part is that it's all in 1 game against a single team. Usually you watch college highlight reels that shows the best plays from a player over the course of a season.

    The biggest thing of note in this film that i never see from college football QBs is the fact that he's fitting the ball into tight windows. Usually receivers are so opened at that level that it's hard to judge because they're throwing to people who are so open. His footwork looks great and it seems he has a good awareness of the rush. I'll be keeping my eye on this guy through the combine.

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are really trying to draft a flacco clone ..... one game really skews people's perceptions...

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNYJETS View Post
    I have heard good things about QB Zac Dysert Miami Ohio. He should be available in the second or third round.
    This is the guy the Jets need to draft. There are 2 video on youtube in which this guy's team got clobbered . if you study them and where he places the ball, his pocket awareness, arm strength and decision making, it would show you the talent this kid has.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmMa5Nv2zoI


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnHDHOKjQ8Y

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    This is the guy the Jets need to draft. There are 2 video on youtube in which this guy's team got clobbered . if you study them and where he places the ball, his pocket awareness, arm strength and decision making, it would show you the talent this kid has.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmMa5Nv2zoI


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnHDHOKjQ8Y
    Meh, i donít like his legwork.

    This Tyler Wilson kid is better, IMO;

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...p-quarterbacks

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Meh, i donít like his legwork.

    This Tyler Wilson kid is better, IMO;

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...p-quarterbacks
    R u willing to take Tyler Wilson at 9. You can get Zac Dysert in the late 2nd or early 3rd . None of these QBs are ready to start next season anyway. Why not take the guy with the best tools.

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    R u willing to take Tyler Wilson at 9. You can get Zac Dysert in the late 2nd or early 3rd . None of these QBs are ready to start next season anyway. Why not take the guy with the best tools.
    No, not at 9, maybe in the upper teens at best. Maybe some team will want our # 9 and would give up 2 of their picks...you never know.
    What i like mostly about Wilson is his quick release.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    What if you don't want Flacco...


    How about we don't pick based on need and take the best available player.
    Generally agree. Unless the best player on our board is a CB, DLine or center. Weve got those pretty covered. Also don't like using number 9 pick on a TE, guard, safety, or RB unless an absolute stud is available. In this class the only one of those I see is warmack (sp?). This leads me to believe that if we stay at nine our pick will be the best linebacker or tackle on the board.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live 20 miles from NCSU and have seen a fair amount of this kids games. He is not very good. No franchise Qb for sure.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us