Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Sundquist

keep in mind that Sundquist is a personal friend of Schefter from the Denver days, so that is one of the reasons Schefter is pushing him

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    So why didn't he get a second interview?
    Just because he didn't get a second interview doesn't mean that he isn't alive.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    keep in mind that Sundquist is a personal friend of Schefter from the Denver days, so that is one of the reasons Schefter is pushing him
    Schefter doesn't usually play that game, it seems.

Veteran
    What's he been doing the last 5 years? Why are we dealing with a bunch of retreads? We can't do better than this?

You can crap on any reporter, but Schefter might be the most reliable one out there. I doubt he is reporting this information for his own personal agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    What's he been doing the last 5 years? Why are we dealing with a bunch of retreads? We can't do better than this?
    Do some research, he was pursued by the Browns two years ago, and has been working with NBC sports I believe. He actually published a book as well.

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post

From his wiki:

In the 2008-2009 football season, Sundquist worked as an expert analyst and editorial commentator with Profootballtalk.com.[2] Also, in early 2009, Sundquist was mentioned in several general manager searches across the National Football League, and it was reported that he was interested in interviewing with Cleveland Cleveland Browns for their open General Manager position.[3]

Ahhhh. Great point!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    He seems to have a very successful track record. I would certainly choose him over Angelo or Cohen.
    I would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    You can crap on any reporter, but Schefter might be the most reliable one out there. I doubt he is reporting this information for his own personal agenda.
    Shefter said "keep hearing". I know Shefter is contacted everywhere but "keep hearing"? From whom?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    He was on the bobsled team. Hire this guy.
    And you were on the shortbus team.....

check out the blog post he wrote on the Sanchez and Tebow. He said some interesting things. This guy gets it!

http://tedsundquist38.com/2012/03/26...heztebow-plan/

"As a former GM, selection and development of top 10 players can’t be taken lightly, especially under the “old CBA” way of doing business. Too much financial and opportunity cost is invested. Every ounce of effort must and should go into the development of young quarterback. Sanchez has not lived up to expectations of the fans and the media who put him on his pedestal in 2009. Despite only two seasons removed from a trip to the AFC Championship, he is being questioned from every angle imaginable; leadership, production, dedication."

"Sanchez has yet to reach the full potential projected after being the second QB selected in 2009. After consecutive playoffs appearances, New York took a step back towards mediocrity this past season. The Jets picked the Southern Cal QB even with only a little over a season’s worth of starting experience. To thrust Sanchez into the situation he’s found himself should have come with a detailed developmental plan, and I don’t and haven’t seen one."

sign this beast.

and if he sucks, we can just call him Suckwist.

oh the lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by premeteam View Post
    check out the blog post he wrote on the Sanchez and Tebow. He said some interesting things. This guy gets it!

http://tedsundquist38.com/2012/03/26...heztebow-plan/

"As a former GM, selection and development of top 10 players canít be taken lightly, especially under the ďold CBAĒ way of doing business. Too much financial and opportunity cost is invested. Every ounce of effort must and should go into the development of young quarterback. Sanchez has not lived up to expectations of the fans and the media who put him on his pedestal in 2009. Despite only two seasons removed from a trip to the AFC Championship, he is being questioned from every angle imaginable; leadership, production, dedication."

"Sanchez has yet to reach the full potential projected after being the second QB selected in 2009. After consecutive playoffs appearances, New York took a step back towards mediocrity this past season. The Jets picked the Southern Cal QB even with only a little over a seasonís worth of starting experience. To thrust Sanchez into the situation heís found himself should have come with a detailed developmental plan, and I donít and havenít seen one."
    Can't argue with this reasoning. I think he's done well as a a GM.
    I'd be happy if the jets selected this guy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Shefter said "keep hearing". I know Shefter is contacted everywhere but "keep hearing"? From whom?
    You can say the exact same thing about every reporter.

Sounds like Albert Breer is hearing the same as Shefter.

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer

Also, sounds like ex-Broncos exec Ted Sundquist did very well in his interview with the Jets. Seems have to a legit shot at it.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    You can say the exact same thing about every reporter.
    No. I'm sorry if I didn't explain it better. "Keep hearing" I take that as he's hearing it alot and from several sources. We've heard basically nothing about these interviews. And now he "keep hearing"

Just seems manufactured and as someone pointed out earlier Shefter worked and I believe still resides in Denver.

I hope he's right. Sunquist is the best candidate I've heard the past 30+ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Sounds like Albert Breer is hearing the same as Shefter.

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer

Also, sounds like ex-Broncos exec Ted Sundquist did very well in his interview with the Jets. Seems have to a legit shot at it.
    Or he's piggybacking Shefter

And Breer is the one within 24 hours last week that first said the Jets liked Caldwell but weren't married to him. They like other guys too. Then 24 hours later when Caldwell signed with Jax Breer tweeted the Jets were "scrambling".
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-14-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Sundquist has a good track record.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Or he's piggybacking Shefter
    Somebody's ahead of you and tweeted that question to him. He said.

@AlbertBreer Is this from an independent source or are you getting that from Shefter's tweet? Big difference...

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    @Ganggreen345 Independent source, of course.
    Expand