Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ted Sundquist

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting reading
    http://www.thefootballeducator.com/j...b-development/

http://www.thefootballeducator.com/n...first-30-days/

Sounds good if true but also could be "leak" to sell books....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Interesting reading

http://www.thefootballeducator.com/n...first-30-days/

Sounds good if true but also could be "leak" to sell books....
    If he wanted to be leaked to a team, it wouldn't be the Jets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    That tweet was from Russ Lande to Shefter.

@RUSSLANDE: @AdamSchefter - Sundquist is a very smart football man with outstanding character. Would be a great choice for Jets.
    sorry , i dont know much about how tweeter works

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    If he wanted to be leaked to a team, it wouldn't be the Jets.
    What other team has he interviewed with in 2013?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What other team has he interviewed with in 2013?
    I don't think any. What I meant was if he was going through this just to sell some books, he wouldn't attach himself a team that the nation is calling a laughingstock.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sundquist has a facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ted-S...03279003100488

Has an article on Ryan's mishandling of Sanchez on the page, I'm about to read it.

Last edited by Maury77; 01-14-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by premeteam View Post
    check out the blog post he wrote on the Sanchez and Tebow. He said some interesting things. This guy gets it!

http://tedsundquist38.com/2012/03/26...heztebow-plan/

"As a former GM, selection and development of top 10 players canít be taken lightly, especially under the ďold CBAĒ way of doing business. Too much financial and opportunity cost is invested. Every ounce of effort must and should go into the development of young quarterback. Sanchez has not lived up to expectations of the fans and the media who put him on his pedestal in 2009. Despite only two seasons removed from a trip to the AFC Championship, he is being questioned from every angle imaginable; leadership, production, dedication."

"Sanchez has yet to reach the full potential projected after being the second QB selected in 2009. After consecutive playoffs appearances, New York took a step back towards mediocrity this past season. The Jets picked the Southern Cal QB even with only a little over a seasonís worth of starting experience. To thrust Sanchez into the situation heís found himself should have come with a detailed developmental plan, and I donít and havenít seen one."
    That is a minus not a plus in my books. He gets hired and we can have another two or more years of 'developing' Sanchez. Other than this blog post he seems to have good qualities.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't think any. What I meant was if he was going through this just to sell some books, he wouldn't attach himself a team that the nation is calling a laughingstock.
    How many people here knew of him before Sunday? Did you?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    That is a minus not a plus in my books. He gets hired and we can have another two or more years of 'developing' Sanchez. Other than this blog post he seems to have good qualities.
    I don't assume that because Sanchez has been mishandled that Sundquist thinks that Sanchez is still salvageable. If hired, he may just prefer rolling the dice all over again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the candidate people want has been out of football since 2009? Or am I missing something?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many people here knew of him before Sunday? Did you?
    I had heard of him, but didn't know much about his time in Denver. I never thought of him as an option to come here.

After reading about him I think he'd be a good choice. He did a good job in Denver.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I had heard of him, but didn't know much about his time in Denver. I never thought of him as an option to come here.

After reading about him I think he'd be a good choice. He did a good job in Denver.
    Agree. Same here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sundquist for GM.

Yes.

If, for no other reason, it rhymes with Lundqvist.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    So the candidate people want has been out of football since 2009? Or am I missing something?
    Since the end of the 2007 season and yes I'm concerned. I think he's a better hire than Angelo, but 5 years is a long time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    Since the end of the 2007 season and yes I'm concerned. I think he's a better hire than Angelo, but 5 years is a long time.
    I don't have a problem with it. If you look around the NFL, there is only one GM who is on his second chance. So it seems very unlikely for anyone to get a second chance. Doesn't mean they are bad GM's, just seems to be the way things go in the league.

So not only does this give reason for potential GM's to be actually turning Woody down, despite all the interviews, and him not being able to "give the job away," but it also explains why this guy hasn't had much of chances to do it again. Again, it doesn't mean he's a bad GM, it could just be a bunch of teams following the standard procedure.

And after looking at the team he built, and what eventually caused him to be sent packing, I have no worries about him getting the job. The broncos just wanted to move in a different direction and they did what most teams do, and fired both the GM and HC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great so according to your logic. The Jets should do exactly what they did to Sanchez to the next QB they draft.

No development plan, whistle and horns blown on the field, incompent QB coaching, poor HC leadership of the team, ie doesn't know what is going in offense by his own admission etc.

Good Grief.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, he just stated that the Jets did a piss poor job of developing Sanchez, which is true.

In no way does that mean that he likes Sanchez.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    he has a bio ... hire him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    "@jetswhispers: Ted Sundquist, the former Denver Broncos GM, would take the job if the Jets want to give it away."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Of all the guys left, he is probably my favorite candidate.
    +1 totally agree!!! Sign the beast!!