Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ted Sundquist

All League
    On the surface, it looks like Sundquist would be a fantastic hire

Wonder why he was let go in Denver? Didn't they win a couple of SBs?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Great so according to your logic. The Jets should do exactly what they did to Sanchez to the next QB they draft.

No development plan, whistle and horns blown on the field, incompent QB coaching, poor HC leadership of the team, ie doesn't know what is going in offense by his own admission etc.

Good Grief.
    Please tell me in detail what a development plan for a young Qb is?

The Jets had a plan, the guy stepped into a set team. They put no pressure on him at all. The team had a top 5 defense, oline and running game. They made sure he was not pressured by having ready back up looking over his shoulder.

All this baffle gab about them not developing Sanchez properly is simply ass covering for people who thought the guy was really good. Sanchez was a suspect Qb from day one, had about 3 really good games in his career and once the dominant D, oline and running game faltered he fell flat on his face.

No amount of developing was going to help an inaccurate turn over machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    No, he just stated that the Jets did a piss poor job of developing Sanchez, which is true.

In no way does that mean that he likes Sanchez.
    Every single flop Qb in the history of the NFL was not infact a crap QB, just 'poorly developed' the jets did a fine job of developing him. He just sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VilmaStar View Post
    "@jetswhispers: Ted Sundquist, the former Denver Broncos GM, would take the job if the Jets want to give it away."

Nice sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Please tell me in detail what a development plan for a young Qb is?

The Jets had a plan, the guy stepped into a set team. They put no pressure on him at all. The team had a top 5 defense, oline and running game. They made sure he was not pressured by having ready back up looking over his shoulder.

All this baffle gab about them not developing Sanchez properly is simply ass covering for people who thought the guy was really good. Sanchez was a suspect Qb from day one, had about 3 really good games in his career and once the dominant D, oline and running game faltered he fell flat on his face.

No amount of developing was going to help an inaccurate turn over machine.
    I dunno. They have a startling lack of talent on offense right now. THe only guys that you would consider even above average starters in 2011 and 2012 were injured (Keller or injured and a cancer (Holmes). Shonn Greene doesn't scare anyone, and the WRs are among the worst in the NFL (though Kerley is a good slot receiver). That's similar to the Texans drafting David Carr 1st and then leaving him with no offensive line.

I'm not saying Sanchez would have been great, but he simply isn't a good enough QB to succeed without proper weapons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Wonder why he was let go in Denver? Didn't they win a couple of SBs?
    I don't know but I can't imagine that it's easy working with and getting along with Mike Shanahan, especially if you don't agree on personnel decisions.

Hall Of Fame
    Well if Tony Pauline over at the draft site is correct, and the Jets are looking for a "figurehead" for their GM, then Sundquist could be that guy. He was basically Shanahan's yes man in Denver and could assume that role here for Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't know but I can't imagine that it's easy working with and getting along with Mike Shanahan, especially if you don't agree on personnel decisions.
    I think Dr. Andrews would back you up on this one.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    Since the end of the 2007 season and yes I'm concerned. I think he's a better hire than Angelo, but 5 years is a long time.
    What does that matter? Dick Vermeil was out of football for 20 years and came back to coach the Rams to a Super Bowl victory. The guy is an analyst which mean means he is watching and analyzing the game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    As a previous poster stated - it was just part of a regime change when Elway came in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    As a previous poster stated - it was just part of a regime change when Elway came in.
    I don't think that's accurate.

Sundquist left after the 2007 season. Elway didn't come into the picture until late 2010-2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Every single flop Qb in the history of the NFL was not infact a crap QB, just 'poorly developed' the jets did a fine job of developing him. He just sucks.
    one is not mutually exclusive of the other.

but if you really believe that the Jets did a good job of developing Sanchez, then you're not seeing the forest for the trees.

All Pro
    He's perfect.

Ex-Athlete = Knows what it is like to compete

Ex-Bobsledder = Likes speed. A risk taker, a little crazy even

Lost chance for life time dream by being injured = He knows what it's like to have your heart ripped out, so he's perfect for the Jets as they keep ripping out the heart of their fans

Apparently Sundquist spoke to Conor Orr and gave him his plan to fix the Jets!
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ng_the_je.html