Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim Fassell for OC

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    They had a top 10 offense for 5 of the 7 years he was there.

The last time we had a top 10 offense was in what, 1998?

And why does the blame for developing WR's, QB's and OL fall on the OC? What is the role of the position coaches?
    In turnovers try 6 out of 7. The O in Philly has declined every year sense he became OC. 2010 was one fluke year outside of that they have not been all that good under Marty. He sucks as an OC. I realize a big part of that is Andy's O of passing 60 time a friggen game and his staff may not have been great. That said what makes him a good OC? I look what he did if Philly and I wouldn't want him. He isn't a disciplined coach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Pep Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I still say Cam is the best name I have heard so far but I'd like to take a shot at someone that hasn't been an OC yet. Can we at least ask to interview Sean Ryan?
    What about giving him shot.Don't know much other than the fact he has ties to the Jets, and is highly regarded in coaching circles

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    What about giving him shot.Don't know much other than the fact he has ties to the Jets, and is highly regarded in coaching circles
    He was the WRs coach that basically built guys like Nicks and Cruz out of nothing. I also like what he did with Elli. Really think he has helped him a lot. If anything he'd be worth a look see. He has had 6 years under a good HC and knows how a real system should run. I'd take him over any of the retread names mentioned to far. Wrong Sean Ryan I don't think this one has jets ties at least not that I know of.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 01-15-2013 at 11:16 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Im agitated

He was the WRs coach that basically built guys like Nicks and Cruz out of nothing. I also like what he did with Elli. Really think he has helped him a lot. If anything he'd be worth a look see. He has had 6 years under a good HC and knows how a real system should run. I'd take him over any of the retread names mentioned to far. Wrong Sean Ryan I don't think this one has jets ties at least not that I know of.
    Im starting to get a little pissed that we haven't hired our GM, yet.This is like my wife taking two hours to get ready for supermarket shopping, jeez!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In turnovers try 6 out of 7. The O in Philly has declined every year sense he became OC. 2010 was one fluke year outside of that they have not been all that good under Marty. He sucks as an OC. I realize a big part of that is Andy's O of passing 60 time a friggen game and his staff may not have been great. That said what makes him a good OC? I look what he did if Philly and I wouldn't want him. He isn't a disciplined coach.
    Any OC in Philly during the Reid era was a figurehead. Reid's playbook, Reid's playcalling. This even applies to Childress who is infinitely better than Morhinweg and sucked in Minnesota until Favre fell in his lap. Morhinweg was a joke in Detroit and a nothing in Philly.

Marty Morhinweg absolutely sucks balls.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Im starting to get a little pissed that we haven't hired our GM, yet.This is like my wife taking two hours to get ready for supermarket shopping, jeez!!
    Nobody wants the GM job or the OC job. Thats why you have to look into left field and get a guy who wants to work but isn't considered "hot" by the media.