Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jim Fassell for OC

Jim Fassell for OC

Knows how to win in NY. Has won in NY. Has made it to the playoffs and even gone to a Super Bowl with scrubs like Danny Kanell and Kerry Collins. He even made Giants bust QB Dave Brown look serviceable for a couple games. He even made Kent Graham look half-way decent for a season and that guy totally sucked.

Fassell gets a lousy rap due to not succeeding with Kyle Boller in Baltimore but I don't think Boller would have succeeded with any OC because he sucks big penis and makes Mark Sanchez look like Steve Young.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Knows how to win in NY. Has won in NY. Has made it to the playoffs and even gone to a Super Bowl with scrubs like Danny Kanell and Kerry Collins. He even made Giants bust QB Dave Brown look serviceable for a couple games. He even made Kent Graham look half-way decent for a season and that guy totally sucked.

Fassell gets a lousy rap due to not succeeding with Kyle Boller in Baltimore but I don't think Boller would have succeeded with any OC because he sucks big penis and makes Mark Sanchez look like Steve Young.
    More like any... I don't think big is a criteria for him

He has been doing CFL too long now. I loved him as a coach but really how long was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He has been doing CFL too long now. I loved him as a coach but really how long was that?
    I think he's still a way better option than any of the other names I'm hearing outside of Norv.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He needs to lay off the sauce

that's why he's not in the NFL anymore

I think he's still a way better option than any of the other names I'm hearing outside of Norv.
    I still say Cam is the best name I have heard so far but I'd like to take a shot at someone that hasn't been an OC yet. Can we at least ask to interview Sean Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

That's cool he'll just have cheeseburgers with Rex. BTW he's won the championship of the league he's in now.

Jets Insider VIP

Thumbs down

Would prefer Mornhinweg.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I like it.

He's not a hot candidate, he's not a good fit, and he's desperate.

He's a perfect addition to the Ryan Jets.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Would prefer Mornhinweg.
    Yeah I'd love to get the guy who actually turned down the ball after winning coin toss in OT and has 5-27 record. And if you want to cite his record as OC in Philly that was Reid's offense and playcalling. Reid has had a stranglehold over that team's offense for ages.

Rich Kotite is actually more qualified than Marty Morhinweg
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 01-14-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah I'd love to get the guy who actually turned down the ball after winning coin toss in OT and has 5-27 record. And if you want to cite his record as OC in Philly that was Reid's offense and playcalling. Reid has had a stranglehold over that team's offense for ages.

Rich Kotite is actually more qualified than Marty Morhinweg
    You're judging him based on being a HC with the Lions over 10 years ago???

Nice selective fact-finding.

At least he's coached NFL players the last 4 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    ...............and his offense didnt score a TD in the superbowl. screw him and anything that bleeds blue

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Would prefer Mornhinweg.
    Why didn't Andy Reid take him to KC?

QB coach yes......OC no.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    No clue. Perhaps their relationship deteriorated this season with all the turmoil of a very bad season?

In any event, I'm not saying that Mornhinweg is my 1st choice. All I'm saying is that I'd prefer him over Fassel.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Because he can't develop talent that is why. Maclin is no better now then he was when they drafted him. The OL has been horrid for a good 3 years now. It has declined every year sense Marty in 06 same with the O in general. Kolb, Vince Young, Vick, Trent Edwards, Reggie Brown, Ronnie Brown, Mike Kafka, Steve Smith, and Kevin Curtis these are the guys he brought in. If not for McCoy and some degree Celek he'd be considered a total failure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Fassel has a drinking problem? Didn't know that.

I always liked Fassel. I thought he did a very good job with the Giants.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Because he can't develop talent that is why. Maclin is no better now then he was when they drafted him. The OL has been horrid for a good 3 years now. It has declined every year sense Marty in 06 same with the O in general. Kolb, Vince Young, Vick, Trent Edwards, Reggie Brown, Ronnie Brown, Mike Kafka, Steve Smith, and Kevin Curtis these are the guys he brought in. If not for McCoy and some degree Celek he'd be considered a total failure.
    They had a top 10 offense for 5 of the 7 years he was there.

The last time we had a top 10 offense was in what, 1998?

And why does the blame for developing WR's, QB's and OL fall on the OC? What is the role of the position coaches?

Might as well dig up Lombardi's corpse. Of all the stiffs and retreads the Jets can attract, might as well bring in a winning stiff.

Whisenhunt > Jackson > Mornhinweg > > > > Cameron

I think Whisenhunt will end up being a head coach somewhere.

Jackson fits our team the best. He's also carries himself more like an assistant coach than a straight-up coordinator.

This is exactly what the Jets need. Somebody to essentially take full responsibility and control of the offense, re-tool it independently of Rex, and modernize it.

I like Hugh Jackson. I think he got a raw deal in Oakland. He had that team over-performing last year despite the pile of junk that is the remnants of Carson Palmer and Darren "Glass" McFadden.

After Rex is fired, I'd take Jackson as a head coach. Seriously. He went in and had a plan to fix Oakland, but McKenzie fired him in favor of Dennis Allen (LOL).