Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: We have to have a GM before the Senior Bowl, right?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    We have to have a GM before the Senior Bowl, right?

    The senior bowl is on Jan 26th. I'd think that we'd have to have a GM at least a week before that to plan strategy etc.
    So we should have a GM by Friday, right? If they go into next week without a choice, then this organization id more fked up than I thought!

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    The senior bowl is on Jan 26th. I'd think that we'd have to have a GM at least a week before that to plan strategy etc.
    So we should have a GM by Friday, right? If they go into next week without a choice, then this organization id more fked up than I thought!
    Don`t worry I am sure WOODY has K&F handeling the video tape of the players they think we should take as well.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    The senior bowl is on Jan 26th. I'd think that we'd have to have a GM at least a week before that to plan strategy etc.
    So we should have a GM by Friday, right? If they go into next week without a choice, then this organization id more fked up than I thought!
    The Shrine Game is this weekend.
    Would have been nice to have a GM in place by then
    Oh well....but hey, Woody is doing his due diligence and taking his time

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    The scouting department is still in place. I'm sure Bradway is going to be there.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just commented on this in another thread. Once teams start work on their board, they will start to restrict the movement of their staff until after the draft. I would think 2 more weeks then team will close the window on their staff.

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    The scouting department is still in place. I'm sure Bradway is going to be there.
    That's the problem.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    The scouting department is still in place. I'm sure Bradway is going to be there.
    the present scouting Dept. is in place yes, but isn`t the whole purpose of this whole mess is to change the present people in charge so we`re not picking Golston`s, Hunters & Sanchez`s & get some people in charge who can pick some real talent w a pick at # 9 we should get a top player in the NFL

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    That's the problem.
    So you want to hire a new gm and then have that new GM hire a completely new scouting department from scratch? By the time that happens the draft would be over. Good thing you don't run the Jets.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Khan will be in place by that point.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusPrime View Post
    Khan will be in place by that point.
    And what does that have to do with scouting?

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    the present scouting Dept. is in place yes, but isn`t the whole purpose of this whole mess is to change the present people in charge so we`re not picking Golston`s, Hunters & Sanchez`s & get some people in charge who can pick some real talent w a pick at # 9 we should get a top player in the NFL
    The same people that picked Chung, terrance wheatley, Rob Bruce and Merriweather in early rounds for the Pats also selected Gronkowski and Hernandez. Just because we decided to take Gholston one year didn't prevent us from landing Wilkerson 2 years ago and Coples last year and trading for Cro and signing Laron and bringing in Austin Howard.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So you want to hire a new gm and then have that new GM hire a completely new scouting department from scratch? By the time that happens the draft would be over. Good thing you don't run the Jets.
    No but the tools they use and the grading system can be changed in a matter of days. Athleticism over football skill? Was his production held back by the staff or teammates? how is the background on each player obtained, who is asked? It is more on how you quantify your grades. is the player playing in a similar or dissimilar system how do you account for it.

    What they do is bring a bunch of answers to the wrong questions.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So you want to hire a new gm and then have that new GM hire a completely new scouting department from scratch? By the time that happens the draft would be over. Good thing you don't run the Jets.
    Agree 100 %

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No but the tools they use and the grading system can be changed in a matter of days. Athleticism over football skill? Was his production held back by the staff or teammates? how is the background on each player obtained, who is asked? It is more on how you quantify your grades. is the player playing in a similar or dissimilar system how do you account for it.

    What they do is bring a bunch of answers to the wrong questions.
    Agreed, and that is what the new GM will bring to the table. A new perpsective. The scouts will still scout the players and present their findings to the GM and the NEW gm will then make NEW decisions based on his own perspective. To fire the entire scouting department because Tannenbaum traded for Tebow or extended Sanchez is idiotic.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The same people that picked Chung, terrance wheatley, Rob Bruce and Merriweather in early rounds for the Pats also selected Gronkowski and Hernandez. Just because we decided to take Gholston one year didn't prevent us from landing Wilkerson 2 years ago and Coples last year and trading for Cro and signing Laron and bringing in Austin Howard.
    What does trading a 2nd rd pick for a player one year before he is a Free agent a quality skill, then after that year they went after another DB and was willing to let him walk a year after renting him for a 2nd. Please tell me how that is something you want your FO to do.

    And Merriweather made the probowl twice.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not critical to have the GM in place for these post season bowl games, but it certainly would help if he was here. You would think the new GM would want to bring in a guy or two of his to add to the staff so having these guys in place by the Senior Bowl should be the goal.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So you want to hire a new gm and then have that new GM hire a completely new scouting department from scratch? By the time that happens the draft would be over. Good thing you don't run the Jets.
    It depends. If you want real change and see this team succeed, then yes, you need to revamp the front office.
    You dont need to get rid of the whole scouting dept, just the leadership ie- GM, Asst GM, Cap Guy, Director of College Scouting, Director of Pro Scouting.

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    The scouting department is still in place. I'm sure Bradway is going to be there.
    I'd prefer to have the GM there. That would be the ideal scenario.

    There's no substitute for seeing things with your own eyes on the field. Not to mention interacting with the players and getting a feel for them as a person.

    I like the idea of not rushing into a decision but it's at the point now where it's gone on a bit too long IMO.

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    772
    Post Thanks / Like
    I rather continue this search thoroughly, and find the perfect fit as GM, rather than rush the process just to have one in place for the Senior Bowl.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The same people that picked Chung, terrance wheatley, Rob Bruce and Merriweather in early rounds for the Pats also selected Gronkowski and Hernandez. Just because we decided to take Gholston one year didn't prevent us from landing Wilkerson 2 years ago and Coples last year and trading for Cro and signing Laron and bringing in Austin Howard.
    To read this back I would think I am talking to Bradway himself, so if thats the case Terry ,I`ll say Couples last year was a nice hit along with Wilkerson the year before ,so who will be the 1 guy you are going to hit on this draft & with all their SuperBowls and maybe another right around the corner ,I wouldn`t compare scouting team to the Pats scouts! as far as free agents go ,those are easy as long as you can move cap cash around from year to year which is what Mr.T. was good at.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us