Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We have to have a GM before the Senior Bowl, right?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    the present scouting Dept. is in place yes, but isn`t the whole purpose of this whole mess is to change the present people in charge so we`re not picking Golston`s, Hunters & Sanchez`s & get some people in charge who can pick some real talent w a pick at # 9 we should get a top player in the NFL
    You can't completely clean house in one offseason. There simply isn't enough time.

The new GM will stick with the current scouting department this year. It gives him a chance to evaluate who he feels is worth keeping around, and who to replace.

As for Bradway, the guy was a horrible GM, but he's a very good scout.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I rather continue this search thoroughly, and find the perfect fit as GM, rather than rush the process just to have one in place for the Senior Bowl.
    I think it's safe to say they're not rushing the process.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

And Merriweather made the probowl twice.
    And Mccourtey made the pro bowl as a CB and the Pats had to find a replacement for him mid-season because he was so bad at that spot.

To read this back I would think I am talking to Bradway himself, so if thats the case Terry ,I`ll say Couples last year was a nice hit along with Wilkerson the year before ,so who will be the 1 guy you are going to hit on this draft & with all their SuperBowls and maybe another right around the corner ,I wouldn`t compare scouting team to the Pats scouts! as far as free agents go ,those are easy as long as you can move cap cash around from year to year which is what Mr.T. was good at.
    What are you talking about? Tanny being good at moving money around! it was his downfall. He sucked at it- period. He signed revis to a contract that allows him to walk away two years later but has the jets take a 9mill cap hit if he does so. He reworks deals to Pace, Scott and Smith that prevents them from being cut TWO years after they were no longer worth their salary. He signs Sanchez to an extension to gain cap room last year and then does not use that space! Using a credit card is not cap management.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    And Mccourtey made the pro bowl as a CB and the Pats had to find a replacement for him mid-season because he was so bad at that spot.
    What is your point, he made the probowl. What did the scout do wrong?

Veteran
    To read this back I would think I am talking to Bradway himself, so if thats the case Terry ,I`ll say Couples last year was a nice hit along with Wilkerson the year before ,so who will be the 1 guy you are going to hit on this draft & with all their SuperBowls and maybe another right around the corner ,I wouldn`t compare scouting team to the Pats scouts! as far as free agents go ,those are easy as long as you can move cap cash around from year to year which is what Mr.T. was good at.
    The Patriots are good in spite of their drafts. The only reason they are good is b/c of Brady, that's it. If we find a Brady, the roles will reverse very quickly.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    You can't completely clean house in one offseason. There simply isn't enough time.

The new GM will stick with the current scouting department this year. It gives him a chance to evaluate who he feels is worth keeping around, and who to replace.

As for Bradway, the guy was a horrible GM, but he's a very good scout.
    He has to come up with a great pick this year, at position`s of need QB,LB,RB,WR ,S & CB he would have to hit on 1 of the top 2 players at 1 of those positions in the country picking at the 9 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    The Patriots are good in spite of their drafts. The only reason they are good is b/c of Brady, that's it. If we find a Brady, the roles will reverse very quickly.
    If you rephrase it as the patriots are a superbowl contender because of Brady i will agree with you. I think the pats would be a good team with a Smith/Schaub/Cutler/ type. They will still have good coaching and very good weapons on Offense and a solid oline.
    Last edited by patman; 01-15-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Kyle Wilson was a decent starter for us this past year (just watch what Champ Bailey did against the Ravens to realize that CB's get beat ever now and then). Kerley is a solid slot WR and Mcknight/Powell have been productive. Hill, Demario, Kenrick, Bush and Allen all appear to have decent potential heading into next year and 4 out of 5 could easily start for us.

I'm not suggesting we promote my uncle Terry or even Scott Cohen, but I think they haven't been the problem. They were around when we went to the two AFC Championship games. Mr. T giving Sanchez an extension and other bad cap decisions is why are in the market for a new GM. So there is no need to blow up our entire front office. Its not like we have gone 2-14 for 4 straight years.

What are you talking about? Tanny being good at moving money around! it was his downfall. He sucked at it- period. He signed revis to a contract that allows him to walk away two years later but has the jets take a 9mill cap hit if he does so. He reworks deals to Pace, Scott and Smith that prevents them from being cut TWO years after they were no longer worth their salary. He signs Sanchez to an extension to gain cap room last year and then does not use that space! Using a credit card is not cap management.
    So you are proving my point. It was't the scouting department that was the problem it was Tanny's cap decisions that hurt us.

What is your point, he made the probowl. What did the scout do wrong?
    Whatever the scout did wrong/right with Mccourtey the Jets scout did right/wrong with Wilson.

Do the Patriots have message boards that you can troll? Despite having tom brady you guys haven't won a super bowl in 7 years (since spygate "coincidentally") if you guys had better scouting you would have won at least 1 or two in the stretch...

Whatever the scout did wrong/right with Mccourtey the Jets scout did right/wrong with Wilson.

Do the Patriots have message boards that you can troll? Despite having tom brady you guys haven't won a super bowl in 7 years (since spygate "coincidentally") if you guys had better scouting you would have won at least 1 or two in the stretch...

Why do you throw the patriots into a conversation about when the jets need a GM? what is the source of this fixation. I did not post anything negative about the jets so i don't know what you mean by trolling.

Why do you throw the patriots into a conversation about when the jets need a GM? what is the source of this fixation. I did not post anything negative about the jets so i don't know what you mean by trolling.
    A Pats fan with 6,000 posts on a Jets board asking me about a fixation.

A Pats fan with 6,000 posts on a Jets board asking me about a fixation.
    First it is a nfl board with an emphasis on the jets. Sooth has a forum for just jet fans. Post in that if fans of other teams questions bother you.

Your like the guy that says it hurts when I do this, well quit doing this and join the jets only board that sooth has set up.

The OP had a topic that he wanted comments on, I commented on the topic and gave my take. You went off topic and went on a jets/pats diatribe.
    Last edited by patman; 01-15-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Kyle Wilson was a decent starter for us this past year (just watch what Champ Bailey did against the Ravens to realize that CB's get beat ever now and then). Kerley is a solid slot WR and Mcknight/Powell have been productive. Hill, Demario, Kenrick, Bush and Allen all appear to have decent potential heading into next year and 4 out of 5 could easily start for us.

I'm not suggesting we promote my uncle Terry or even Scott Cohen, but I think they haven't been the problem. They were around when we went to the two AFC Championship games. Mr. T giving Sanchez an extension and other bad cap decisions is why are in the market for a new GM. So there is no need to blow up our entire front office. Its not like we have gone 2-14 for 4 straight years.
    I honestly have to say I am getting tired of this org. milking those 2 past afc appearances, it's not like they won them when they finally got there& know you didn't go 2-14 for 4 straight years. but it has been over 40 years since we've won a SB, tell uncle terry we are tired of waiting It should be the JETS turn & the JETS time NOW!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

First it is a nfl board with an emphasis on the jets. Sooth has a forum for just jet fans. Post in that if fans of other teams questions bother you.

Your like the guy that says it hurts when I do this, well quit doing this and join the jets only board that sooth has set up.

The OP had a topic that he wanted comments on, I commented on the topic and gave my take. You went off topic and went on a jets/pats diatribe.
    No. Its called JETSinsider for a reason.

Yeah, try starting a thread about who the Pats should draft on this "NFL Board" and see how fast its removed by the Mods. LOL at NFL Board.

Second, i didn't go on a diatribe about the Pats, i simply made the comparison to the pats past Draft failures and then pointed out that despite having the same Personell team they managed to get it right with Hernandez and Gronk (it was a complliment genius). Honestly, you are way too sensitive and protective over your Pats. Which is why you feel compelled to post here and "protect" them. Its pretty sad.

I'm a huge yankee fan and we have been far more successful than the Red Sox over the last 100 years/20 years/2 years yet you don't see me posting in a Red Sox forum because there is no need to. As a yankee fan i feel superior to the Red Sox fans and in some ways feel bad for them. You are a pats fan, they kill the Jets every year. Congrats and leave us alone.

Do you also post on CArdinals/Niners/Giants/Dolphins forums or are we the lucky ones?

All League

nflinsider.com?

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    No. Its called JETSinsider for a reason.
    Yes the emphasis is on the jets as I stated above, I never start threads regarding other teams unless there is a direct impact on the jets. I was accused of trolling and that is not something that I do.

I don't post anything with the eye to elicit a negative response only. You have been on this board long enough to know that we were invited to post here by Sooth, who used to be a very active poster on the Patriots site.

If Sooth has changed his mind he can ban me easily enough.

Yeah, try starting a thread about who the Pats should draft on this "NFL Board" and see how fast its removed by the Mods. LOL at NFL Board.

Second, i didn't go on a diatribe about the Pats, i simply made the comparison to the pats past Draft failures and then pointed out that despite having the same Personell team they managed to get it right with Hernandez and Gronk (it was a complliment genius). Honestly, you are way too sensitive and protective over your Pats. Which is why you feel compelled to post here and "protect" them. Its pretty sad.

I'm a huge yankee fan and we have been far more successful than the Red Sox over the last 100 years/20 years/2 years yet you don't see me posting in a Red Sox forum because there is no need to. As a yankee fan i feel superior to the Red Sox fans and in some ways feel bad for them. You are a pats fan, they kill the Jets every year. Congrats and leave us alone.

Do you also post on CArdinals/Niners/Giants/Dolphins forums or are we the lucky ones?
    Buffalo range, less than 1000 posts in 10 years, and Footballs Future, Being semi retired and an empty nester allows me to.
    Last edited by patman; 01-15-2013 at 12:00 PM.