Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: We have to have a GM before the Senior Bowl, right?

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I honestly have to say I am getting tired of this org. milking those 2 past afc appearances, it's not like they won them when they finally got there& know you didn't go 2-14 for 4 straight years. but it has been over 40 years since we've won a SB, tell uncle terry we are tired of waiting It should be the JETS turn & the JETS time NOW!
    Amen brother.

  2. #42
    also the east west shrine game is this week. the 2 biggest weeks for the draft are these 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    The senior bowl is on Jan 26th. I'd think that we'd have to have a GM at least a week before that to plan strategy etc.
    So we should have a GM by Friday, right? If they go into next week without a choice, then this organization id more fked up than I thought!

  3. #43
    thats what happens when a new gm comes in. He knows and trust people he has worked with and might have a totally different approach to drafting. Thats the whole idea about bringing in a new GM
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So you want to hire a new gm and then have that new GM hire a completely new scouting department from scratch? By the time that happens the draft would be over. Good thing you don't run the Jets.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    also the east west shrine game is this week. the 2 biggest weeks for the draft are these 2 weeks.
    The jets are going to be there both coaches and scouts. 90% of the work will be done

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,856
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Buffalo range, less than 1000 posts in 10 years, and Footballs Future, Being semi retired and an empty nester allows me to.
    Translation: I have no life.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    thats what happens when a new gm comes in. He knows and trust people he has worked with and might have a totally different approach to drafting. Thats the whole idea about bringing in a new GM
    Here is a real world example for you.

    I am a very hard working employee in a big company. My company Head is a moron and despite all of my hard work (and my fellow low level employees) our division doesn't meet expectations The Owner of the company decides to fire the head of the division. Does that ALWAYS mean that I get fired as well?

    Sure the new Division could fire me if he knows someone that can do a better job, but the Owner would be a moron to fire me before knowing the new Division head has someone he can bring in and do a good job.

    Just seems like some of you have never worked in the real world before.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets are going to be there both coaches and scouts. 90% of the work will be done
    We agree on something.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets are going to be there both coaches and scouts. 90% of the work will be done
    What coaches? We lost a lot of them.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Translation: I have no life.
    I am retired and you have 50% more posts than me!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I am retired and you have 50% more posts than me!
    The fact you have a substantial amount of posts on a Jets board is far more telling...

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,227
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Here is a real world example for you.

    I am a very hard working employee in a big company. My company Head is a moron and despite all of my hard work (and my fellow low level employees) our division doesn't meet expectations The Owner of the company decides to fire the head of the division. Does that ALWAYS mean that I get fired as well?

    Sure the new Division could fire me if he knows someone that can do a better job, but the Owner would be a moron to fire me before knowing the new Division head has someone he can bring in and do a good job.

    Just seems like some of you have never worked in the real world before.
    it would depend on what part of the division caused it to fail(was it yours directly) and how far under expectations fell and is the problem not enough people in your division where fireing more people may only put the division further behind.

  12. #52
    I was a NYPD detective for 20 years part of it in the JTTF what real world are talking about. When a new boss showed up in any squad he would always bring in his own guys to implement what he wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Here is a real world example for you.

    I am a very hard working employee in a big company. My company Head is a moron and despite all of my hard work (and my fellow low level employees) our division doesn't meet expectations The Owner of the company decides to fire the head of the division. Does that ALWAYS mean that I get fired as well?

    Sure the new Division could fire me if he knows someone that can do a better job, but the Owner would be a moron to fire me before knowing the new Division head has someone he can bring in and do a good job.

    Just seems like some of you have never worked in the real world before.

  13. #53
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Here is a real world example for you.

    I am a very hard working employee in a big company. My company Head is a moron and despite all of my hard work (and my fellow low level employees) our division doesn't meet expectations The Owner of the company decides to fire the head of the division. Does that ALWAYS mean that I get fired as well?

    Sure the new Division could fire me if he knows someone that can do a better job, but the Owner would be a moron to fire me before knowing the new Division head has someone he can bring in and do a good job.

    Just seems like some of you have never worked in the real world before.
    Terrible analogy.

  14. #54
    Plus the candidates for our GM position will be there prepping anyway. Would be nice to have a GM in place though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us