Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: The GM Search in a Nutshell

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    737
    Post Thanks / Like

    The GM Search in a Nutshell

    No one has the faintest idea about what the heck is going on!

    First it is reported Gamble was a shoe in for the job. Move forward a week later, and he seems to be no longer in the mix.

    It was then reported Russ Ball interviewed for the job. A day later, Cimini report it never occurred. Once more, last night it is reported he is coming in for a second interview.

    Then we have the report Angelo is the favorite to land the job. Last night it is reported he will not be receiving a second interview and is most likely out of the mix.

    Jim Popp remember him? People were deliberating if he was interviewed or merely spoken to. It was then reported he was not in the mix at all by Cimini. Once again, last night it was reported he is still very well in the mix of things.

    The existential message I am attempting to portray here, is the fact no reporter has a clue as to what is going on. K/F has done a remarkable job holding this search under wraps.

  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    No one has the faintest idea about what the heck is going on!

    First it is reported Gamble was a shoe in for the job. Move forward a week later, and he seems to be no longer in the mix.

    It was then reported Russ Ball interviewed for the job. A day later, Cimini report it never occurred. Once more, last night it is reported he is coming in for a second interview.

    Then we have the report Angelo is the favorite to land the job. Last night it is reported he will not be receiving a second interview and is most likely out of the mix.

    Jim Popp remember him? People were deliberating if he was interviewed or merely spoken to. It was then reported he was not in the mix at all by Cimini. Once again, last night it was reported he is still very well in the mix of things.

    The existential message I am attempting to portray here, is the fact no reporter has a clue as to what is going on. K/F has done a remarkable job holding this search under wraps.

    Couldn't agree more. Now just get it done!

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media is not our friend. They lie, they make stuff up, and they're wrong 95% of the time, and live off the 5% they get "right".

    We'll know who the new GM is.....when the team announces who the new GM is.

    The rest....just the usual fanatic hurf-a-blurf melodrama and hysteria.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey woody, hire korn Ferry's Jed Hughes to be the team president.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Believe absolutely none of what the media is putting out about our search for GM. C'mon guys, they have nothing else to write about!

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    And most of these posters think the whole thing is a circus. You can't make this stuff up. Noone has a clue about what is going on, but the fans on this board are still killing the Jets. Talk about being a media pawn, and worse, not even knowing it!

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The media is not our friend. They lie, they make stuff up, and they're wrong 95% of the time, and live off the 5% they get "right".

    We'll know who the new GM is.....when the team announces who the new GM is.

    The rest....just the usual fanatic hurf-a-blurf melodrama and hysteria.
    So what you're saying is.....they're just like SAR.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    And most of these posters think the whole thing is a circus. You can't make this stuff up. Noone has a clue about what is going on, but the fans on this board are still killing the Jets. Talk about being a media pawn, and worse, not even knowing it!
    media is pretty much out of control these days will all the social platforms and instant news. and too many people just assume what they write is true. the media is clueless on this GM search stuff, they don't know who has interviewed or when or if they will. it's amazing that anyone is still believing what the media members are tweeting/writing. credibility fading

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    681
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now They are saying kidzik Is scheduled to interview on Wednesday ....wait a minute...maybe not.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    And most of these posters think the whole thing is a circus. You can't make this stuff up. Noone has a clue about what is going on, but the fans on this board are still killing the Jets. Talk about being a media pawn, and worse, not even knowing it!
    but here is the dangerous slope for the Jets: we know how powerful and persuasive the media is. if the Jets don't make a splash with this hire, the media will kill them (they might do it anyway since they are being made to look like fools in this whole thing) and then even more people will sht on the team, if possible.

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    No one has the faintest idea about what the heck is going on!

    First it is reported Gamble was a shoe in for the job. Move forward a week later, and he seems to be no longer in the mix.

    It was then reported Russ Ball interviewed for the job. A day later, Cimini report it never occurred. Once more, last night it is reported he is coming in for a second interview.

    Then we have the report Angelo is the favorite to land the job. Last night it is reported he will not be receiving a second interview and is most likely out of the mix.

    Jim Popp remember him? People were deliberating if he was interviewed or merely spoken to. It was then reported he was not in the mix at all by Cimini. Once again, last night it was reported he is still very well in the mix of things.

    The existential message I am attempting to portray here, is the fact no reporter has a clue as to what is going on. K/F has done a remarkable job holding this search under wraps.
    The Jets are remarkable aren't they

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    but here is the dangerous slope for the Jets: we know how powerful and persuasive the media is. if the Jets don't make a splash with this hire, the media will kill them (they might do it anyway since they are being made to look like fools in this whole thing) and then even more people will sht on the team, if possible.
    They're going to kill them anyway.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard it from a very good source that the Jets want to hire someone with head coaching experience to supplement Rex's limited ability and possibly take over if he blunders away another season.


    Source: The voice inside my head, which is more or less how the media does it.

    edit: This was an OC reference. I'm tired and confused.
    Last edited by jxc; 01-15-2013 at 12:03 PM.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    VERY heartened to hear Popp and Idzik are back in the mix.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    919
    Post Thanks / Like
    The river of leaks are gone....media has no more deep throat. They are completely speculating and it has to be frustrating. Woody may be bringing in all these people just to screw with the media at this point and stay in the headlines. I wouldnt be shocked if they hired someone completely off the media radar.

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any GM that is hired will be Rex's Puppet

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    The river of leaks are gone....media has no more deep throat. They are completely speculating and it has to be frustrating. Woody may be bringing in all these people just to screw with the media at this point and stay in the headlines. I wouldnt be shocked if they hired someone completely off the media radar.
    I was thinking that too. would be kind of funny. Unless, of course, the candidate was a complete disaster. About time the media gets their hands dirty and work for news and stop relying on a "source story" all the time.

    Maybe Korn Ferry is giving woody and co. a crash course in media relations.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us