Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and News 1/15

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    But...but but but but but.....wait......

The Jets can't find ANYONE to take the job. They're calling back people who have turned them down!!!!

Who are these losers who are agreeing to 2nd interviews!!!!!!!

So when we're getting contradictory information you don't like, it's false.

When we're getting contradictory information you like, it's true.

Got it.

I think I know Woody's plan. Drag this out as long as possible so that when he finally announces who his GM will be, we'll all be so glad it's over, we won't ****ing care WHO it is. As long as he has a pulse.

Hall Of Fame
    Didn't K/F headhunt the Seattle job. They are probably familiar Idzik.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Been told Rex Ryan was not in on first round of Jets' GM interviews. Not all together unusual, but worth noting considering coach's status.
    Wasn't he in the Bahamas?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jerome Boger has been selected as the referee for Super Bowl XLVII.

Hall Of Fame
    Lets just hope he doesn't have to work with anyone from that Denver crew.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Ugh.
    Needs more Carey/Hochules

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Rex Ryan nowhere to be seen during Jets' initial GM interviews http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Coach Rex Ryan said last week he wants the New York Jets to take on more of his personality -- not less -- but that isn't likely to extend to the team's search for a new general manager.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports Ryan was nowhere to be seen during the team's first round of interviews with candidates, according to sources apprised of the process. Breer was told meetings were run by owner Woody Johnson, team president Neil Glat and consultant Jed Hughes.

The Jets declined comment on Ryan's absence. As Breer points out, it's not surprising Ryan would be omitted from the initial meetings. If Johnson is serious about finding the best man for the job, he's wise to create a forum where candidates can speak freely on the state of a team that dipped to 6-10 last season.

Johnson has made it clear that whoever takes the front-office gig will roll with Ryan at coach for 2013. Ryan's status beyond next season is undetermined. It's an awkward dynamic that hints at a possible overhaul next season. Predictably, GM-types haven't exactly flocked to Gotham to chat.

Ryan's presence aside, Mike Tannenbaum's replacement inherits many of the problems from last season: tangled issues at the quarterback position, a ho-hum offensive roster, and a franchise seemingly married to endless dramatics.

Not a job for the faint of heart, but someone, somewhere is going to accept it. (We hope.)

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

Veteran
    NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Rex Ryan nowhere to be seen during Jets' initial GM interviews

Predictably, GM-types haven't exactly flocked to Gotham to chat.
    Well that just isn't true. If anything, everyone here has been b@#ching about how many candidates have been flocking in to chat

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Also, the Jets declined comment when asked about Rex's absence from the GM interviews.
    This is crazy, but do you think there is any way that Rex has been told he's out? He hasn't said a word since the Press conference...nothing on all the defensive coaches that have left, nothing. Could the Jets be waiting for somebody still in the hunt to be coach, and this is why this process keeps going on in a seemingly directionless way?

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    This is crazy, but do you think there is any way that Rex has been told he's out? He hasn't said a word since the Press conference...nothing on all the defensive coaches that have left, nothing. Could the Jets be waiting for somebody still in the hunt to be coach, and this is why this process keeps going on in a seemingly directionless way?
    I have no idea.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

What is directionless about it? They are being thorough and not jumping on the media hyped names.

Considering Woody has already said Rex's job is safe, I highly doubt it.

Considering Woody has already said Rex's job is safe, I highly doubt it.
    Probably. I just think everybody jumped the gun (as they tend to do) when Woody said Rex would have input on the GM and didn't think about it logically.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Tell me why.
    Go look for a thread titled with his name that was started last week when he initially interviewed. It's all in there.

Veteran
    They probably don't want rex in there so they can discuss his future with the team. It would make sense. It would be pretty akward saying so how long do I have to keep this guy here sitting next to me, how many games does he need to lose before he can be axed, if I just don't like him can I get rid of him next year and bring in my guy. I guess Woody could say Rex cover your ears for a sec buddy we have to talk about big boy stuff.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex has not been in the room during GM interviews, which aligns with his expectation to come in at the end of process: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...an_not_in.html

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex has not been in the room during GM interviews, which aligns with his expectation to come in at the end of process: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...an_not_in.html
    Woody does leg-work and Rex hires the GM?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So when we're getting contradictory information you don't like, it's false.

When we're getting contradictory information you like, it's true.

Got it.

I think I know Woody's plan. Drag this out as long as possible so that when he finally announces who his GM will be, we'll all be so glad it's over, we won't ****ing care WHO it is. As long as he has a pulse.
    No...I choose to believe the reports that make logical sense rather than those that are founded in nothing more than hype and speculation.

But then again, you probably still think Aaron Maybin is good....so.......

Rex wasn't going to be in on the process from start to finish. Just once the final few have been selected. As for why we haven't heard from him. We did last Tuesday. He said there would probably be more coaching changes. No need for him to speak every time another one leaves.