Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Rex Ryan not included in Jets' initial GM interviews

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    659

    Rex Ryan not included in Jets' initial GM interviews

    By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer
    Published: Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:23 p.m.
    Updated: Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:35 p.m.

    Coach Rex Ryan said last week he wants the New York Jets to take on more of his personality -- not less -- but that isn't likely to extend to the team's search for a new general manager.

    NFL.com's Albert Breer reports Ryan was nowhere to be seen during the team's first round of interviews with candidates, according to sources apprised of the process. Breer was told meetings were run by owner Woody Johnson, team president Neil Glat and consultant Jed Hughes.

    The Jets declined comment on Ryan's absence. As Breer points out, it's not surprising Ryan would be omitted from the initial meetings. If Johnson is serious about finding the best man for the job, he's wise to create a forum where candidates can speak freely on the state of a team that dipped to 6-10 last season.

    Johnson has made it clear that whoever takes the front-office gig will roll with Ryan at coach for 2013. Ryan's status beyond next season is undetermined. It's an awkward dynamic that hints at a possible overhaul next season. Predictably, GM-types haven't exactly flocked to Gotham to chat.

    Ryan's presence aside, Mike Tannenbaum's replacement inherits many of the problems from last season: tangled issues at the quarterback position, a ho-hum offensive roster, and a franchise seemingly married to endless dramatics.

    Not a job for the faint of heart, but someone, somewhere is going to accept it. (We hope.)

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-gm-interviews

  2. #2
    Considering he was on vacation at the time, I would assume he wouldn't be. Plus, he said he wouldn't be involved in the process until near the end.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Considering he was on vacation at the time, I would assume he wouldn't be. Plus, he said he wouldn't be involved in the process until near the end.
    I didn't know that the interview process begin during Rex vacation.

  4. #4
    The initial contact was most likely a teleconference only. Woody did say that Rex will have input on the selection.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    I didn't know that the interview process begin during Rex vacation.
    I'm pretty sure they did, but I could be wrong.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,544
    I am confused. How can this be? I thought Rex was running the team?

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,104
    So what's the story here? Sounds logical to me even before it was known Rex would get involved at the end. A story about nothing..

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,646
    This is an outrage.

    SAR I

  9. #9
    [QUOTE=JETFAN1;4779015]So what's the story here? Sounds logical to me even before it was known Rex would get involved at the end. A story about nothing..

    Every story about Rex is "about nothing"
    Rex is running the show, Woody, is clueless

  10. #10
    More trolling.

    So let me get this straight. Breer reports for NFL.com about RR and the GM issue and then this loser writes an article about Breer's report for NFL.com?

    We're supposed to take these reporters seriously? He's reporting on a report issued by the same media outlet. On the same website.

    "We hope," this douche writes, that someone will accept GM job. **** you.

    Gotta love all of this concern trolling about RR's involvement or non-involvement with GM process.

    Anyone else take notice that with losers like Sessler it's a problem if Rex isn't involved in search (The coach is a clown so WJ doesn't want him in the room!) or if he's involved (Woody is Rex's puppet!!)

    Screw all of these guys.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 01-15-2013 at 03:33 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    I didn't know that the interview process begin during Rex vacation.
    Thank you for that, Roger

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,388
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This is an outrage.

    SAR I
    Sometimes you're a real doosh, and then sometimes you post stuff like this, and make me spit milk at my computer, sending me to the apple store, AGAIN!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Sometimes you're a real doosh, and then sometimes you post stuff like this, and make me spit milk at my computer, sending me to the apple store, AGAIN!
    Just don't swallow your gum, mate























    Or be a menace to South Central while drinkin your juice in the hood

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,839
    So Rex isn't ruling the front office with an iron fist and influencing every decision?

    Well i'll be.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Just don't swallow your gum, mate



    Or be a menace to South Central while drinkin your juice in the hood
    HAHA!!!

    I love that movie

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer
    Published: Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:23 p.m.
    Updated: Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:35 p.m.

    Coach Rex Ryan said last week he wants the New York Jets to take on more of his personality -- not less -- but that isn't likely to extend to the team's search for a new general manager.

    NFL.com's Albert Breer reports Ryan was nowhere to be seen during the team's first round of interviews with candidates, according to sources apprised of the process. Breer was told meetings were run by owner Woody Johnson, team president Neil Glat and consultant Jed Hughes.

    The Jets declined comment on Ryan's absence. As Breer points out, it's not surprising Ryan would be omitted from the initial meetings. If Johnson is serious about finding the best man for the job, he's wise to create a forum where candidates can speak freely on the state of a team that dipped to 6-10 last season.

    Johnson has made it clear that whoever takes the front-office gig will roll with Ryan at coach for 2013. Ryan's status beyond next season is undetermined. It's an awkward dynamic that hints at a possible overhaul next season. Predictably, GM-types haven't exactly flocked to Gotham to chat.

    Ryan's presence aside, Mike Tannenbaum's replacement inherits many of the problems from last season: tangled issues at the quarterback position, a ho-hum offensive roster, and a franchise seemingly married to endless dramatics.

    Not a job for the faint of heart, but someone, somewhere is going to accept it. (We hope.)

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-gm-interviews
    what?? havent flocked?? they have interviewed like 15 guys no??

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Just don't swallow your gum, mate























    Or be a menace to South Central while drinkin your juice in the hood

    And have correct change when the pizza delivery man knocks on the door.

  18. #18
    whatever the hell is going on is sure to be entertaining. yay jets

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,250
    He shouldn't be involved in any part of the interview process. He should be trying to improve himself as a head coach. Read some books, watch game tape from the playoffs, anything to get better, because he's done a really poor job the past two years.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    And have correct change when the pizza delivery man knocks on the door.
    No, those ****ers better have actual change when they deliver a pizza, otherwise they can expect to be sent back to the pizza shop to bring me back every last damn cent of it!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us