Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    I found this might interest Ustobeacop.

NY Forgot to Exclude Police from High-Capacity Magazine Ban
    Lawmakers in NY Forgot to Exclude Police from High-Capacity Magazine Ban
    by S.H. Blannelberry

I mentioned it, but it didnt seem to garner much interest here.

SHows Cuomo is more about....Cuomo....than any real meaningful solution to gun violence/policies regarding the insane living amongst us while we hope they take their meds.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    These seem fairly pointless. They need to remove all guns from all states. I don't see how anyone should ever own a gun.

If people want to, kill themselves by eating McDonald's, let them. The day someone kills 10 kids with a big mac I say remove all McDonald's from the country too.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I mentioned it, but it didnt seem to garner much interest here.

SHows Cuomo is more about....Cuomo....than any real meaningful solution to gun violence/policies regarding the insane living amongst us while we hope they take their meds.

-
    ==============================================

I'm interested, I care, I've been stumping these issues of gun control on this board heavy for the last month. I think what Cumo did is treason!
    And not only because he was doing this to retired cops, who IMHO don't deserve to be able to defend themselves and those around them with any better weaponry then carpenter.

I know you get it, you've been there and looked into the eyes of the wicked.

I'm appalled at the lack of outrage. Cumo has his State Police body guards that do have a duty an a obligation to protect him, armed with all manner of firearms, full auto, 30 round mags, his family is protected with guns. Same goes for Bloomberg and O.

But you and the rest of the good people of NY are on your own, Granted the average Joe is less likely to confront violent crime and evil with the same frequency as the police, but at the end of the day we face the same evil elements as the police.

Cumo and Bloom are two of the worst, but there not alone. I fear the same bull **** coming to my ultra liberal neck of the woods.

Namby pamby feel good emotional responses with no facts meaning any thing to them.

Hell yes I care and I am pissed.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    These seem fairly pointless. They need to remove all guns from all states. I don't see how anyone should ever own a gun.

If people want to, kill themselves by eating McDonald's, let them. The day someone kills 10 kids with a big mac I say remove all McDonald's from the country too.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    ==================================================

wE CAN'T EVEN REMOVE THE ILLEGAL ALIENS FROM OUR HOSPITALS SCHOOLS AND SOCIAL WELFARE, THERE STEALING WORK FROM ME!

Guns aren't going anywhere, think with your brain and not your emotions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All this nonsense about "assault rifles" is irritating. Meanwhile, 99% of gun deaths are committed with HANDGUNS.

When I can honestly say that I need to think about my safety on a daily basis as I leave my home, then I will admit to America having a "GUN PROBLEM". The chances of you being shot in an ar-15 type massacre is lower than being struck by lightning.

Let's face it, if there were no guns (like in the UK) then we wouldnt be talking about this. But its different here, and with hundreds of millions of firearms in existence there is no going back.

So, what does this mean for me and my AK47? Can I go to the range? keep it? talk to me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And as crazy as it sounds, fast food is far bigger a killer and far more costly.

Funeral arrangements for a few dozen people cost far less than continued diabetes treatment/operations/hospital visits for tens of millions.

Crazy, but true. Whats the real problem here?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ==================================================

wE CAN'T EVEN REMOVE THE ILLEGAL ALIENS FROM OUR HOSPITALS SCHOOLS AND SOCIAL WELFARE, THERE STEALING WORK FROM ME!

Guns aren't going anywhere, think with your brain and not your emotions.
    Also a hell of a lot of people die in swimming pool and cars every year. Should we outlaw them as well?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    And as crazy as it sounds, fast food is far bigger a killer and far more costly.
    And cancer is a bigger killer than fast foods and for more costly. Ergo, lets not do anything about anything until we cure cancer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    And cancer is a bigger killer than fast foods and for more costly. Ergo, lets not do anything about anything until we cure cancer.
    Sounds good to me. Cancer first, then we'll start looking at the gun issue.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

So, what does this mean for me and my AK47? Can I go to the range? keep it? talk to me
    ===============================================

As I understand, and keep in mind this is serious business so you should research this on your own and it would probably a good idea to talk to a lawyer, You need to register it with the state (I'm not sure the process, but expect another back ground check), you will need to recertify your registraition of your AK every 5 years, and get rid of all your magazines (sale them out of state), and replace them with 7 round mags. You will also need a gun safe and will have to check daily to make sure your AK or any other firearms you may own have been stolen or not. You will only have 24 hours to report a stolen firearm, so no more vacations with out having a gun sitter.

Also you will need to have a background check performed when ever you buy ammunition, and have your ammunition registered with the state.

You will also not be allowed to shoot any first responders, but I assume you already new this.

Good luck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    and we have our first criminal taken off the streets by this brave new progressive initiative from Prince Andy....

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...WS07/701079944
    Injured veteran arrested in weapons investigation
    By DAVID C. SHAMPINE
    TIMES STAFF WRITER
    MONDAY, JANUARY 7, 2013
    ARTICLE OPTIONS
    A A
    print this article
    e-mail this article

A former Fort Drum soldier who was injured in special forces training was arrested Sunday night when he was found with prohibited rounds of ammunition, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department said.

Nathan H. Haddad, 32, of 25240 Waddingham Road, town of LeRay, faces five felony counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon. He was released without bail before town of Watertown Justice Andrew N. Capone, and is ordered to appear Wednesday in town of LeRay Court.

Deputies made the arrest shortly before 7:30 p.m. Sunday on Steinhilber Road in the town of LeRay, where Mr. Haddad is accused of possessing five 30-round AR-15 magazines of ammunition. He is cited under a state penal law statute that prohibits possession of “a large capacity ammunition feeding device.” The ammunition was found in his vehicle during a traffic stop, according to the sheriff’s office.

Mr. Haddad was deployed four times during his decade in the Army, the Times reported in a story featuring him in September 2009. At that time, he was a staff sergeant with the 3rd Battalion, 85th Infantry, Warrior in Transition Unit at Fort Drum, undergoing aquatic physical therapy for an injury he suffered in South Korea during special forces training. He was discharged from the Army in October 2010, according to Fort Drum.
    THANK. GOD. that terrible injured-war-vet-criminal-thug has been apprehended for his awful, treacherous crime-spree. Thanks for making us all a little safer, Andy.

I'll sleep more soundly tonight knowing that criminals like S.Sgt. Nathan Haddad are off the streets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    and we have our first criminal taken off the streets by this brave new progressive initiative from Prince Andy....

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...WS07/701079944

THANK. GOD. that terrible injured-war-vet-criminal-thug has been apprehended for his awful, treacherous crime-spree. Thanks for making us all a little safer, Andy.

I'll sleep more soundly tonight knowing that criminals like S.Sgt. Nathan Haddad are off the streets.
    These clowns refuse to learn the lessons of the past. We had a war on drugs and all it did was fill up the prisons with non-violent recreational drug users. Drugs are as readily available today as they were before the "war" started.

Now Andy the lib is criminalizing and jailing good people that havent harmed anyone in his pursuit of a progressive utopia where guns dont exist.