Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gil Brandt mock

Been a huge fan of Eddie Lacy since I first saw him a few years back spelling Ingram and Richardson as a freshman. kind of surprised, though, to see Brandt have him going so high. Think he'll end up being a later pick, but if he's there in RD2, grab him, especially if Greene goes (which he most likely will)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    You're right in your assessment, but if the new GM takes a QB at #9, he has to sell the fanbase on the worthiness of the player/pick. This fanbase will not accept another USC QB and it will create a negative atmosphere around the guy's growth.
    A new gm shouldnt give a sh!t about what u, i or any fan thinks.

There aren't any top 10 QBs in the 2013 draft. Barkley is a turd, and so is Geno Smith. Watch some game tape of these guys, and see for yourself.

Waiting for the 2014 draft to find our franchise QB is the correct move.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Been a huge fan of Eddie Lacy since I first saw him a few years back spelling Ingram and Richardson as a freshman. kind of surprised, though, to see Brandt have him going so high. Think he'll end up being a later pick, but if he's there in RD2, grab him, especially if Greene goes (which he most likely will)
    I love Lacy and the championship game did us no favors.
    If he's available as round 2 opens I would look into trading up.

At #9 Jets have to go OLB or OL.
    A QB must be drafted and I'd keep an eye on Manuel
    in round 3.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    There aren't any top 10 QBs in the 2013 draft. Barkley is a turd, and so is Geno Smith. Watch some game tape of these guys, and see for yourself.

Waiting for the 2014 draft to find our franchise QB is the correct move.
    This.

I'd like to draft either OL or OLB with our first and second pick. Offense with the rest, maybe throw in a cb for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I am hoping Barkley falls to us. We need a qb, not another defensive player.
    NOOoOoooooooooooooIOOOO

You know, now that I think about it. . . Chance Wormack at #9 is not a terrible pick with Moore and Slauson leaving and Vlad Ducasse being Vlad Ducasse.

With the rookie wage scale, we do not need to play by these old, unwritten draft rules anymore. We can reach for players and it doesnt have the financial impact it had before the rookie wage scale.

Take the best WR in this draft at 9. Take the best rb in this draft at 9. Reach if needed. We need offensive, skill position players. Load up!
    Nope. There are no WRs, RBs or QBs worthy of a top 10 pick, so you address another need like OLB. You don't reach for lesser talent when you have a need at OLB already.

If we work barkley out and dont like him, then fine. Take the next best qb, wr or running back. We need to address our offensive skill positions. The 9th pick need to be a qb, wr or rb.

NO MORE DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me,
    Starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee ....

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me unless they take Geno Smith (and people's opinions obviously vary on him). He may not be "worth" the #9 pick in terms of his abilities, but he has been a consensus top 10 type prospect for a while and entirely based on his play during the college season. If Glennon, Nassib, or a prospect like that suddenly rises, it is based on factors other than play on the field which is the type of crazy thinking that gets you Dewayne Robertson with the #4 pick in the draft (projected late 1st round when college season ended, flew up draft boards because of combine, measurables, and upside).
    You know who else had great stats during his college career .... Vernon Gholston .... But I agree with you 95%.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 01-16-2013 at 04:41 AM.

Considering the cap and similar to last year the Jets need starting players in the draft - they failed last year (maybe the last 5, swinging for the fences) and GM lost his job (rightfully so)

same needs exist: OG, LB, OT, Safety, etc...

maybe a late round QB but this team can't afford project picks

QB is 2014
    Last edited by Ohio State NY Jets fan; 01-16-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Great summary from cap hell thread on position needs from draft and FA (with only ~15mil of cap space) - can't consider using a high round pick on Geno Smith or Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    To summarize:

The Jets will have to replace two starting safeties, both outside linebackers, and inside starting linebacker, a rotation DE, both starting guards, their starting RB, starting TE, WR depth, and we haven't even started taking about the QB position..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If we take a Qb in the 1st round at 9 we are stupid. If we trade up for one I'll be dangling at the end of a rope.
    For once we agree.

There is no talent worth it to trade up in this draft, best as I hear or read.

The answer at QB, kinda crappy tho it may be, is this:

Option #1:
    1. Cut Sanchez, Cut Tebow
    2. Sign JAG Vet. Journeyman FA QB (The Matt Moore's of the NFL)
    3. Draft Rookie QB in Min-Rounds
    4. Retain McElsuck as the #3

Option #2:
    1. Keep Sanchez
    2. Draft Rookie QB in Mid-Rounds
    3. Reatain mcElsuck as the #3

Realisticly, thats it, thats the list.

Jets need to trade down and pick 2 tight ends : Zach Ertz and Tyler Eifert! That would instantly make the Jet offense better. I don't know if either can block but they would give opposing teams fits and whoever our QB is could most likely see them because of their height.