Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any chance of a Popp and Treastman Package?

Trestman is now the Bears new HC.

So no chance of this happening

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    From all the horsecrap i continue to read from Cimini, Mentha and the rest of the Jet reporters, iíll put that canadian journalistís credibility versus all of theirs on any given day.
    Now, being from Montreal, I can say that the Jets would do no wrong with a guy like Popp for he has extensive experience in running a football organization from A to Z. Not only has he a keen eye for spotting "diamonds in the rough", he's a winner.

If he would be able to bring in Mark Trestman as his O/C, not only would we then have a guy that can open up the offense into an attack style offense, as Rex Put it the other day, the Jets would also have their next H/C in waiting with Trestman on its staff. But Trestman seems like the frontrunner in Chicago and i am sure he will do very well with Cutler and Marshall.

But these are the Jets we are talkin about, and sorry to be speaking like a SOJ fan, the Jets of course would never hire this Popp in a million years.
    THIS 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    As much as some morons on this site like to hate, a beat writer for an NFL team is an incredibly lofty and respected position in sports journalism. So yes, I'd take the word of the beat writers of a team playing in the biggest media market in the world.

I have no preference for or against Popp ( I know little of the man other than he is working in Canada), but his name keeps coming up, and people keep trying to say he's interviewed, which based on multiple sources now (Cimini and Costello) is simply not true. You probably believe Steiny and IB as well if you are taking this Herb Zurkowksy guy's word as 100% truth.
    I see....Zurkowsky is a part of the sports media as well, but because he covers Montreal sports, he's not credible.

But duncecaps like Mehta and Cimini, who have a history of making up bullsh!t, these guys are rock solid in your eyes eh?

Can i ask you something......does the downs syndrome hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    I see....Zurkowsky is a part of the sports media as well, but because he covers Montreal sports, he's not credible.

But duncecaps like Mehta and Cimini, who have a history of making up bullsh!t, these guys are rock solid in your eyes eh?

Can i ask you something......does the downs syndrome hurt?

I trust the NY writers with more credible careers more than a guy who never has any NFL sources or writing. Cimini has never made up anything, and morons think Manish has made things up because they don't under stand the idea of sources giving information "on background."

Nice retort at the end by the way; Down Syndrome is totally hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I trust the NY writers with more credible careers more than a guy who never has any NFL sources or writing. Cimini has never made up anything, and morons think Manish has made things up because they don't under stand the idea of sources giving information "on background."

Nice retort at the end by the way; Down Syndrome is totally hilarious.

LOL!

ok