Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any chance of a Popp and Treastman Package?

Any chance of a Popp and Treastman Package?

Its impossible to follow what the media says as far as who the front runner is, and I know there is speculation we didnt even interview Popp, but if Trestman gets passed over in Chicago ( I dont believe he has interviewed in Arizona), could a package deal of GM and OC work for us?

Not sure if Popp would fit the "figure-head" description that has been discussed, but I think he would be much more desirable as a GM candidate if he brought along Trestman.

From Trestman's point, he could work with someone he already has a good relationship with and put him in position to either take over as HC if Rex/Jets fail in 2013, or if they succeed, solidify himself as an NFL candidate for a different team.

Just a thought

Considering that Popp has not interviewed I would say no

Popp has been interviewed. ESPN was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Popp has been interviewed. ESPN was wrong.
    The only one reported that he interviewed was that canadian reporter. Sorry, I trust Mehta, Cimini, Costello more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The only one reported that he interviewed was that canadian reporter. Sorry, I trust Mehta, Cimini, Costello more.
    Uhhh..the Canadian reporter covers the Montreal Alouettes, Popp's current employer.

Oh...and according to this, Popp texted him directly.

Herb Zurkowsky ‏@HerbZurkowsky1

For those wondering, #Als' GM Jim Popp remains in the New York Jets' mix - that, according to Popp, who texted me tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Uhhh..the Canadian reporter covers the Montreal Alouettes, Popp's current employer.

Oh...and according to this, Popp texted him directly.
    Still one source... Not confirmed by any Jets writers... the team that we are majorly dealing with...

Yes, because the Jets beat writers are the most trusty sources in the world. lol.

All League
    Isn't Trestman the leading candidate for HC in Chicago?

NY Post Headlines Jets are Poop

Far as I can conclude from media reports, Popp either interviewed or he didn't, Idzik is being interviewed tomorrow for either the first or the second time, and both are good candidates if they were interviewed, but only so-so candidates if they weren't. Glad I got that straightened out--I was starting to get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    Far as I can conclude from media reports, Popp either interviewed or he didn't, Idzik is being interviewed tomorrow for either the first or the second time, and both are good candidates if they were interviewed, but only so-so candidates if they weren't. Glad I got that straightened out--I was starting to get confused.
    Well said, this whole process is dizzying.

The jets beat writers are getting trolled by Woody and FK. Reason why there are so many conflicting reports.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's my ideal scenario, but I doubt it happens.

I'd have no problem with someone like Idzik.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Popp is still

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Poop and a Testicle package? What?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Well said, this whole process is dizzying.
    amen!!

From all the horsecrap i continue to read from Cimini, Mentha and the rest of the Jet reporters, iíll put that canadian journalistís credibility versus all of theirs on any given day.
    Now, being from Montreal, I can say that the Jets would do no wrong with a guy like Popp for he has extensive experience in running a football organization from A to Z. Not only has he a keen eye for spotting "diamonds in the rough", he's a winner.

If he would be able to bring in Mark Trestman as his O/C, not only would we then have a guy that can open up the offense into an attack style offense, as Rex Put it the other day, the Jets would also have their next H/C in waiting with Trestman on its staff. But Trestman seems like the frontrunner in Chicago and i am sure he will do very well with Cutler and Marshall.

But these are the Jets we are talkin about, and sorry to be speaking like a SOJ fan, the Jets of course would never hire this Popp in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Still one source... Not confirmed by any Jets writers... the team that we are majorly dealing with...
    LOL. Every single Popp thread...two minutes in, first reply Ron Swanson: NO HE'S NOT INTERVIEWING STUPID.

What did he poison your parakeet? Rob you of a few Canadian dollars? Hate to tell you but popp is coming, and it's going to be extremely messy for all the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, because the Jets beat writers are the most trusty sources in the world. lol.
    As much as some morons on this site like to hate, a beat writer for an NFL team is an incredibly lofty and respected position in sports journalism. So yes, I'd take the word of the beat writers of a team playing in the biggest media market in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    LOL. Every single Popp thread...two minutes in, first reply Ron Swanson: NO HE'S NOT INTERVIEWING STUPID.

What did he poison your parakeet? Rob you of a few Canadian dollars? Hate to tell you but popp is coming, and it's going to be extremely messy for all the haters.
    I have no preference for or against Popp ( I know little of the man other than he is working in Canada), but his name keeps coming up, and people keep trying to say he's interviewed, which based on multiple sources now (Cimini and Costello) is simply not true. You probably believe Steiny and IB as well if you are taking this Herb Zurkowksy guy's word as 100% truth.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post