Thread: Buffalo Bills new asst coaches.....recognize any names

Rookie

Buffalo Bills new asst coaches.....recognize any names

Tyrone Wheatley among the additions to Bills’ coaching staff

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 15, 2013, 5:58 PM EST

AP
    New Bills coach Doug Marrone announced 10 additions to his coaching staff today, including four of his former Syracuse assistants who will join him in Buffalo.

The most recognizable name in the group is that of Tyrone Wheatley, who will serve as the Bills’ running backs coach. Wheatley was a Big Ten player of the year and Rose Bowl MVP at Michigan, a first-round draft pick of the Giants in 1995 and an NFL running back for 10 seasons, including a 1,000-yard season with the Raiders in 2000. Wheatley went into coaching shortly after his playing career ended, and he spent the last three years as the running backs coach at Syracuse.

Marrone has also brought in Donnie Henderson to coach defensive backs, Greg Adkins to coach tight ends and Jason Rebrovich as defensive quality control coach. They were all on Marrone’s Syracuse staff, as was Nathaniel Hackett, who had previously been hired as the Bills’ new offensive coordinator.

The Bills also hired three former Jets assistants who had previously worked with new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine: Jim O’Neil (linebackers), Anthony Weaver (defensive line) and Samson Brown (assistant defensive backs).

Marrone’s other new assistants are Eric Ciano (head strength and conditioning), Chuck Driesbach (linebackers) and Brian Fleury (defensive quality control).

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bongi View Post
    Tyrone Wheatley among the additions to Bills’ coaching staff

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 15, 2013, 5:58 PM EST

AP
    New Bills coach Doug Marrone announced 10 additions to his coaching staff today, including four of his former Syracuse assistants who will join him in Buffalo.

The most recognizable name in the group is that of Tyrone Wheatley, who will serve as the Bills’ running backs coach. Wheatley was a Big Ten player of the year and Rose Bowl MVP at Michigan, a first-round draft pick of the Giants in 1995 and an NFL running back for 10 seasons, including a 1,000-yard season with the Raiders in 2000. Wheatley went into coaching shortly after his playing career ended, and he spent the last three years as the running backs coach at Syracuse.

Marrone has also brought in Donnie Henderson to coach defensive backs, Greg Adkins to coach tight ends and Jason Rebrovich as defensive quality control coach. They were all on Marrone’s Syracuse staff, as was Nathaniel Hackett, who had previously been hired as the Bills’ new offensive coordinator.

The Bills also hired three former Jets assistants who had previously worked with new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine: Jim O’Neil (linebackers), Anthony Weaver (defensive line) and Samson Brown (assistant defensive backs).

Marrone’s other new assistants are Eric Ciano (head strength and conditioning), Chuck Driesbach (linebackers) and Brian Fleury (defensive quality control).
    What team wouldn't want to model themselves after the jets?

who cares good riddance. especially that scumbag pettine.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I have no doubt the Bills are going to be a much better team with Marrone and staff at the helm.

That being said, I'm optimistic the Jets will improve

Rookie
    The name I was surprised at is Donnie Henderson. I thought he was out of football altogether.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I have no doubt the Bills are going to be a much better team with Marrone and staff at the helm.

That being said, I'm optimistic the Jets will improve
    Even Bills fans aren't this optimistic

Sent from a phone using an app

Banned
    I would be more worried if Pettine was able to take our actual assistant coaches, but he took the assistants to our assistant coaches and that is much different.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Bills OC is Paul Hackett's kid. Hahahahaha.

Very cool dog. Breed?