Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Former (R) Candidate Meg Whitman Receives $15 mil bonus while HP goes in toilet

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    First few paragraphs would seem to disagree with you.

Warfish, I'm a numbers guy. I analyze specifics. I looked at the HP income statement and balance sheet BEFORE I got involved in this discussion. The numbers are not bad. Terrible year just ended yes. Forecast to have a ++ year this year. This is a gigantic operation with a NEW CEO who has a good track record. A fixer.
    That said, I follow the Buffett model (even though he's a hypocrit and crook he is a smart investor) and own zero tech. He feels it's too easy to pre-empt. Nobody can pre-empt a railroad or utility or Coke or Boeing or big oil.
    Any tech can be outflanked - even IBM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nothing compared to Jon Corzine's crimes, and he was a US Senator and advisor to Obuttocks.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Nothing compared to Jon Corzine's crimes, and he was a US Senator and advisor to Obuttocks.

Corzine should be in jail right now. He was a crook at Goldman before he got into politics where he remained corrupt. Then his last venture - bad.
    Plus bundling crooked donations for the Hawaiian.
    BTW, Chuck the Schmuck Shumer just annnounced that the Senate WILLLL have a budget this year which includes HIGHER taxes (surprise) and the Repubs "better get used to it". This is YOUR senator Q. Help get him out of there. I have two nicely conservative R senators. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    HPQ is down 65% in the last three years. Their products suck and the party is almost over for them as well.
    +1

Terrible products, terrible company. This will be a great stock to short soon.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    +1

LMAO. Current price - $17.11
    Projected consensus 2013 earnings per share $ 3.32
    "Low" PE ratio for large tech ( all of which are in bad shape except IBM) 10

Hence a reasonable 1 year price EPS X PE = @$33

Even if it was $23 - not bad

100 bill in assets 120 bill sales. Yeah OOB tomorrow.
    YOU may not like their products BUT sales say different.
    Bigger than IBM. #29 in the world. #13 in the U.S.

Kinda like the people saying Walmart is all washed up. Because they wouldn't be caught dead in one.

Jets Insider VIP
    +1

Bingo.

HP makes the worst PC's out there.

Board Moderator
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Bingo.

HP makes the worst PC's out there.
    You people do realize that HP's bread and butter is servers, right?

They are by far the global leader in terms of market share in the server sector. Although IBM is a close second.

Their PC's may suck in your opinions, but that has little to do with their business approach and overall corporate strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ha Ha Ha View Post

They are by far the global leader in terms of market share in the server sector. Although IBM is a close second.

Their PC's may suck in your opinions, but that has little to do with their business approach and overall corporate strategy.

My God. Someone who sees the big picture. Congrats. Imagine a company with a diverse product line. How novel.
    $120 Billion in sales doesn't lie. BTW, HP's PC market share STILL holds at #1. By a sizable margin.

All Pro
    Incorrect.

Their true bread and butter and biggest revenue generator is printing, an industry which is contracting and on the decline. Their business model of selling a printer at a loss and making up the revenue in subsequent ink cartridge sales is not sustainable for the long term in my opinion. Printing is going the way of faxing.

There is no denying that HP has the capability to adapt and remain a powerhouse in the tech industry. Personally, I wouldn't make that bet, but others may see it differently.

All League
    They are by far the global leader...Although IBM is a close second.
    Something not right about that sentence.

Incorrect.

Their true bread and butter and biggest revenue generator is printing, an industry which is contracting and on the decline. Their business model of selling a printer at a loss and making up the revenue in subsequent ink cartridge sales is not sustainable for the long term in my opinion. Printing is going the way of faxing.

There is no denying that HP has the capability to adapt and remain a powerhouse in the tech industry. Personally, I wouldn't make that bet, but others may see it differently.

Like ANY company, there needs to be adaptation or DEATH.
    Seen numerous ( I can think of 20+) retailers who are gone over the last 30 years.
    Auto, aircraft, apparel, food, tech. Many gone. Adapt or see ya.
    Not many 100 bill failures though.

Board Moderator
    Incorrect.

Totally....I used to work in the document reproduction industry and part of our sales pitch was that ink and toner is one of the most expensive commodities on planet earth.

Think about it, they sell a 1.5 ounce cartridge of ink for $40, imagine what a 55 gallon drum of that ink would cost you......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Corzine should be in jail right now. He was a crook at Goldman before he got into politics where he remained corrupt. Then his last venture - bad.
    Plus bundling crooked donations for the Hawaiian.
    BTW, Chuck the Schmuck Shumer just annnounced that the Senate WILLLL have a budget this year which includes HIGHER taxes (surprise) and the Repubs "better get used to it". This is YOUR senator Q. Help get him out of there. I have two nicely conservative R senators. LOL.
    Not mine. See his numbers last time he ran? Lots of stupid people in NY.

Jets Insider VIP
    Totally....I used to work in the document reproduction industry and part of our sales pitch was that ink and toner is one of the most expensive commodities on planet earth.

Think about it, they sell a 1.5 ounce cartridge of ink for $40, imagine what a 55 gallon drum of that ink would cost you......
    its not the ink - its the cartridge, with that little bit of circuitry on it

Not mine. See his numbers last time he ran? Lots of stupid people in NY.

Just busting. Know you're conserv. NY is turned. Too many takers.
    THe state that brought you the crook Charlie Rangel. Amazing.

Sad place. Although Peter King (R) is ok. My in laws attorney.

I have had a HP desktop fror 5 years now and not one problem, that is more then I can say for Sony and Toshiba.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    LMAO. Current price - $17.11
    Projected consensus 2013 earnings per share $ 3.32
    "Low" PE ratio for large tech ( all of which are in bad shape except IBM) 10

Hence a reasonable 1 year price EPS X PE = @$33

Even if it was $23 - not bad

100 bill in assets 120 bill sales. Yeah OOB tomorrow.
    YOU may not like their products BUT sales say different.
    Bigger than IBM. #29 in the world. #13 in the U.S.

Kinda like the people saying Walmart is all washed up. Because they wouldn't be caught dead in one.
    Yes, you should invest in HPQ. Go ahead. The company and stock is a POS. I'll short it at $18-$20 and will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Yes, you should invest in HPQ. Go ahead. The company and stock is a POS. I'll short it at $18-$20 and will be laughing all the way to the bank.

If you bothered to read my posts, I have zero investments in any tech. HP is better than most. Short yourself to death. I invest, not gamble.
    Did you notice that everybody's gold mine -Apple- will be opening down $50 this AM?

Jets Insider VIP
    its not the ink - its the cartridge, with that little bit of circuitry on it
    You guys know that the cost of the circuitry and ink have very little to do with the price of the cartridge. What are we talking about here?