Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 90

Thread: Essential iPhone apps

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In The Cone of Doom
    Posts
    6,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Some of my best work and hardly a snicker. I have a good mind to create a fuhampurgoodbyethread.

  2. #42
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Some of my best work and hardly a snicker. I have a good mind to create a fuhampurgoodbyethread.
    Lose the avian motif. I don't know you anymore.

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    TuneIn radio. Turn your iPhone into a radio. Listen live to thousands of radio stations, local, national, and international.
    Radio?

    Is there a morse code app for old people?




    Sent from a phone using an app

  4. #44
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still using my ancient Android phone so I don't know if these apps are too old for y'all. Apple and Android have similar apps:

    Shazam is way better than Soundhound at identifying songs.

    Pandora Radio? Anybody LOL?

    Astro File Manager - free - I use it to back up apps to the SD card, explore all my phone's directories & rearrange files

    Astrid Task Manager - free todo that's annoyingly effective

    Toss it (throwing the paper into the trash can game) - you know you love it

    Alarmed - Absolutely the best alarm clock. So good I bought full version. It will not stop until you solve between 4 math problems & unscramble 4 words. You can customize the difficulty level and the # of problems. Forces your brain out of sleep fog - saved my job LOL.

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    I'm still using my ancient Android phone so I don't know if these apps are too old for y'all. Apple and Android have similar apps:

    Shazam is way better than Soundhound at identifying songs.

    Pandora Radio? Anybody LOL?

    Astro File Manager - free - I use it to back up apps to the SD card, explore all my phone's directories & rearrange files

    Astrid Task Manager - free todo that's annoyingly effective

    Toss it (throwing the paper into the trash can game) - you know you love it

    Alarmed - Absolutely the best alarm clock. So good I bought full version. It will not stop until you solve between 4 math problems & unscramble 4 words. You can customize the difficulty level and the # of problems. Forces your brain out of sleep fog - saved my job LOL.
    People will be saying "ancient" about iPhones soon enough. Upgrade your infinitely more customizable Android and you'll be fine.

  6. #46
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    I'm still using my ancient Android phone so I don't know if these apps are too old for y'all. Apple and Android have similar apps:

    Shazam is way better than Soundhound at identifying songs.

    Pandora Radio? Anybody LOL?

    Astro File Manager - free - I use it to back up apps to the SD card, explore all my phone's directories & rearrange files

    Astrid Task Manager - free todo that's annoyingly effective

    Toss it (throwing the paper into the trash can game) - you know you love it

    Alarmed - Absolutely the best alarm clock. So good I bought full version. It will not stop until you solve between 4 math problems & unscramble 4 words. You can customize the difficulty level and the # of problems. Forces your brain out of sleep fog - saved my job LOL.
    Android phones are for poor people.

    Can I give you some money?

    SAR I

  7. #47
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Android phones are for poor people.

    Can I give you some money?

    SAR I
    How about $317 a month and she too can lease an introductory BMW.

  8. #48
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    How about $317 a month and she too can lease an introductory BMW.
    Mind your own business. I'm trying to help someone with an inferior, cheap phone.

    SAR I

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mind your own business. I'm trying to help someone with an inferior, cheap phone.

    SAR I
    Read the reviews, chimp. Samsung Galaxy S3 is better than iPhone 5. Oh and iPhones are about 40% Samsung components.


  10. #50
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Read the reviews, chimp. Samsung Galaxy S3 is better than iPhone 5. Oh and iPhones are about 40% Samsung components.
    I sit in a lot of executive meetings. I ride an executive train. I watch what comes out of their pockets. I've never seen anyone whip out an Android phone except for college kids and minorities on the subway.

    Android is a knock-off of iOS and supplied to carriers for free so that they can continue their scam of offering 'free' phones to suck-in the masses to their overpriced networks and lousy customer service.

    Apple is a premium product for premium people. Enjoy your Android.

    SAR I

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I sit in a lot of executive meetings. I ride an executive train. I watch what comes out of their pockets. I've never seen anyone whip out an Android phone except for college kids and minorities on the subway.

    Android is a knock-off of iOS and supplied to carriers for free so that they can continue their scam of offering 'free' phones to suck-in the masses to their overpriced networks and lousy customer service.

    Apple is a premium product for premium people. Enjoy your Android.

    SAR I
    You would think that premium people (whatever that means) wouldn't need to ride the subway after riding an executive train (whatever that is), but here we are. You're a toolbox and don't even know it. Enjoy your limited, overpriced half-Samsung phone.

  12. #52
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome.

  13. #53
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I sit in a lot of executive meetings. I ride an executive train. I watch what comes out of their pockets. I've never seen anyone whip out an Android phone except for college kids and minorities on the subway.

    Android is a knock-off of iOS and supplied to carriers for free so that they can continue their scam of offering 'free' phones to suck-in the masses to their overpriced networks and lousy customer service.

    Apple is a premium product for premium people. Enjoy your Android.

    SAR I
    Regardless of whether or not I agree, this is an early candidate for best post of 2013.

  14. #54
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    Regardless of whether or not I agree, this is an early candidate for best post of 2013.
    You're saying that the Mods dig satire?

  15. #55
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still waiting for an executive bus/station....ridiculous they don't have one.

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    My HTC Droid Incredible is 3 years old.

    Only homos would buy proprietary products from Apple. Because of this, they can't enjoy the real underground development that Droid has. I installed CM10.1 the other day, it's completely free and literally turned my 3 year old phone into a brand new responsive toy.

    Have fun trying to do anything remotely like that with an iPhone. Mostly because they don't have anywhere near the development scene that droid does. I wonder why... why would hackers unanimously chose droid? Maybe it's because it's far superior.

  17. #57
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    I'm still waiting for an executive bus/station....ridiculous they don't have one.
    I wear an ascot, and I never have a problem with that.

  18. #58
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I sit in a lot of executive meetings. I ride an executive train. I watch what comes out of their pockets. I've never seen anyone whip out an Android phone except for college kids and minorities on the subway.Android is a knock-off of iOS and supplied to carriers for free so that they can continue their scam of offering 'free' phones to suck-in the masses to their overpriced networks and lousy customer service.

    Apple is a premium product for premium people. Enjoy your Android.

    SAR I
    How is this blatant racism and stereotyping allowed? I get the rich/poor schtick but this is blatantly racist.

  19. #59
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    How is this blatant racism and stereotyping allowed? I get the rich/poor schtick but this is blatantly racist.
    He is just saying that he hasn't seen anyone other than those two groups. Probably not very observant though.

  20. #60
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    37348
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I ride an executive train.

    SAR I
    I agree with you about the iPhone but what the f*ck is an executive train?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us