Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Essential iPhone apps

Jets Insider VIP
    Not sure if these have been mentioned but 2 apps I use a lot are Waze and Scanner Pro.

Waze was bought by Google and it'sis basically a GPS that uses other users to detect traffic issues. Users can report accidents, road construction, road or weather hazards, red light cameras, cops who give multiple, forced enemas... ok... that last one isn't available yet. but it also recognizes when drivers are in traffic and posts correct speeds in bad traffic areas.

It's great for getting traffic info while driving and it's free.

Scanner Pro is just simply a mobile scanner. It will recognize what you are scanning and crop the borders of an piece of paper and allow you to fax, email, or text it. I have found it very handy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    where's Frency Ladouche been lately?
    Sup peepee?

Just got back from vacation. Spent the second week skiing with the kids enjoying the pleasures of dressing them In full gear, go back in to pee, go back out, pick them up 135 times in 20 minute span then hear them "I don't want to ski anymore"

Good times.

The android app for iphone is the best!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

"Slice" is a great app - links to your inbox, recognizes all e-receipts and then tracks packages, alerts you of the price drops (and tells you where to check the policy on adjustments, and what number to call to get the adjustment), product recalls, etc. In the last month, we've saved $300 on a pair of boots and a dress, probably saved about a grand in the last year.

Also - FYI, you don't need to download flashlight or any of those other apps on the iPhone if you have iOS7, it's baked in to the Control Center (swipe up from the bottom of the screen)...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Android phones are for poor people.

Can I give you some money?

SAR I
    LOLz... I love the Galaxy - replaceable battery (I keep a spare in the work bag, one in the jacket packet, one in the sports bag - don't have to go to them often, but it's good piece of mind, and when I do, it's not as clunky as the brick battery extenders) and bigger screen are the main reasons.

But I like the iPhone too, much better for my 10 and 12 year olds, and the wife, who all like the easy interface and compatibility with the iapps on their computers. The galaxy plays will with my Mac too though, syncs the music via wifi, photos to three cloud, Google Drive keeps all the files synced, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    I just recently downloaded Songza, since it's one of the few apps that work with ChromeCast (wtf Google) but I love it.
    I love being able to pick a random playlist based off of my activities or what mood im in.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.ad60.songza

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I just recently downloaded Songza, since it's one of the few apps that work with ChromeCast (wtf Google) but I love it.
    I love being able to pick a random playlist based off of my activities or what mood im in.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.ad60.songza
    Have had that one for a while now, but I find I download them and either don't use them or find that they require a registration of some sort in which case i balk at them. Regardless, I'm a music fiend and need to get on with these apps so I can find some new stuff.

All Pro

Essential iPhone apps

Man, why haven't used Tapatalk all this time, this thing is great?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Man, why haven't used Tapatalk all this time, this thing is great?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There used to be a Tapatalk sticky on the Pfail Sthtrip. It certainly makes dropping heat a bit more relaxing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Have had that one for a while now, but I find I download them and either don't use them or find that they require a registration of some sort in which case i balk at them. Regardless, I'm a music fiend and need to get on with these apps so I can find some new stuff.
    I dont think you need to register Songza, at least I haven't yet.
    I usually don't use music apps on my phone because my phone sucks and my battery life sucks even more.