Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A particularly brilliant rant from Penn Gillette

Hall Of Fame

A particularly brilliant rant from Penn Gillette

Last edited by freestater; 01-16-2013 at 09:33 AM.

All Pro
    Interesting, A little Blow LOL.

Penn makes an excellent point and I agree with him, except felons can run for president.

Leonard Peltier was a candidate in 2004.

Still the point is that O would of never of been a success if he had been busted for doing what he did under his his administraitions policies.
    Last edited by gunnails; 01-16-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    oh, sure. They can run.

They'll never secure a big party endorsement, so they'll never actually become President.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    oh, sure. They can run.

They'll never secure a big party endorsement, so they'll never actually become President.
    ==========================================

Absolutely true, O never would have gone to his Ivy league college either.

Thanks for posting the vid, I had never looked at the issue under those circumstances.

Did Teller have anything to say about it?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Did Teller have anything to say about it?
    =========================================

Did you watch the video, because there in lies the answer to your question?

Otherwise I assume this is another attempt at humor, not your best work, but I did snicker a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    =========================================

Did you watch the video, because there in lies the answer to your question?

Otherwise I assume this is another attempt at humor, not your best work, but I did snicker a bit.
    I did watch.

No mention of Teller.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Penn needs to smoke some kind bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Penn needs to smoke some kind bud.
    And eat some salad.

I don't think we should be locking up people for smoking pot but using drugs is far from a victimless crime. The death and destruction sorounding the use, cultivation and distribution of drugs around the world has victims written all over it. Nobody can tell me that's victimless or that their need to chill out is worth it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I don't think we should be locking up people for smoking pot but using drugs is far from a victimless crime. The death and destruction sorounding the use, cultivation and distribution of drugs around the world has victims written all over it. Nobody can tell me that's victimless or that their need to chill out is worth it.
    ============================================

That's not the main issue raised in the vid, or maybe it was. I should rewatch it.

What I got out of it was O and his policy within the federal govt. to continue to prosecute marijuanna crimes, while he is an admitted past pot smoker, and the many opportunities that he has enjoyed would not of been possible if he had been arrested as per his federal policy.

I found it an interesting thought to ponder, and it does make O appear to be a hipocrite.

All Pro

What I got out of it was O and his policy within the federal govt. to continue to prosecute marijuanna crimes, while he is an admitted past pot smoker, and the many opportunities that he has enjoyed would not of been possible if he had been arrested as per his federal policy.
    Howso? You never did anything when younger you maybe thought wasn't so wise in retrospect? Was Bush Jr. a hypocrite because he didn't push legalization of cocaine? Should every politician whose ever driven drunk fight to repeal drunk driving laws?

Drug use, distribution, and cultivation are three different things. The act (and crime) of smoking marijuana (or using any other drug for that matter) is indeed victimless. What's further infuriating about the illegality of drugs, is that the very fact they are illegal is responsible for the overwhelming majority of the death and destruction surrounding their production and distribution.

All Pro

1 in 6 people in prison are not there for weed. that's a moonbat stat. In most states you don't even have to appear in court for small amounts. It's a misdemeaner with a small fine. Bush Jr snorted copious quantities of coke. I didn't expect him to push for legalization because of it.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 01-18-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    One could say the same thing about iPhones.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    and about 75% of the products we import.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Howso? You never did anything when younger you maybe thought wasn't so wise in retrospect? Was Bush Jr. a hypocrite because he didn't push legalization of cocaine? Should every politician whose ever driven drunk fight to repeal drunk driving laws?

How so, and did I ever do anything unwise in my youth.

When I was under 20, in the late 70's I was cited for controlled substance,
    I was parked in front of my parents hose smoking resins out of a bong, $50 fine and I was later denied acceptance in to the US Air Force (I scored in the 97 percentile on the test), the US Air Force admittance officer told me I was being denied because of the controlled substance violation. The Navy said they would take me.

I assume a similar violation for O would of blocked access to his Ivy league education. Pure conjecture true, but then again?

Honestly I do not recall if George the 2nd pushed to enforce federal law in states that allowed medical marijuanna laws or not. Typically I found George hypocritical on several matters.

All I said is it made O appear hypocritical, I think that's fair.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    1 in 6 people in jail are not there for weed. that's a moonshine stat. In most states you don't even have to appear in court for small amounts. It's a misdemeaner with a small fine. Bush Jr snorted copious quantities of coke. I didn't expect him to push for legalization because of it.
    =================================================

I'll take your word for it. This is not an issue I hold strong opinions on, I may look into it more after I get off my gun laws kick.

That's not the main issue raised in the vid, or maybe it was. I should rewatch it.

I found it an interesting thought to ponder, and it does make O appear to be a hipocrite.
    Everyone is a hypocrite and the vast majority of marijuana smokers who are in jail are in State Jails.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Sure it would be absurd but they could.