Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and News 1/16

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    All we gotta do now is figure out who's gonna have the "power" of heart. Time to draw straws, fellas.
    I felt bad for that guy with the ****ty ring....you can almost hear him sigh before saying "heart" LMFAO

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not how drawing straws works, doe.

Personal foul, Seth. 15 yard penalty, automatic Power of Heart.
    I am calling replacement referees on your ass!

We regret to inform the lockout of McGinley and his Power of Heart crew. Instead, we will be using referees who are seven-fold worse grrr...I mean equally qualified, who simply come from different backgrounds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I felt bad for that guy with the ****ty ring....you can almost hear him sigh before saying "heart" LMFAO
    I know, he was so useless. While all the others had powers like controlling water, making fire, etc., he was stuck with being as powerful as Valentine's Day.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know, he was so useless. While all the others had powers like controlling water, making fire, etc., he was stuck with being as powerful as Valentine's Day.
    Do not mock the power of Valentine's Day! Some of my best nights have occurred in that special 24 hour window.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I am calling replacement referees on your ass!

We regret to inform the lockout of McGinley and his Power of Heart crew. Instead, we will be using referees who are seven-fold worse grrr...I mean equally qualified, who simply come from different backgrounds.
    Breh, I'll go full on Buffalo Wild Wings on your ass! Simultaneous possession? Catch? Interception? **** it; Field Goal is good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do not mock the power of Valentine's Day! Some of my best nights have occurred in that special 24 hour window.
    lel, you need a 24 hour window to has the sechz.

Last name "less", first name "swag".

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breh, I'll go full on Buffalo Wild Wings on your ass! Simultaneous possession? Catch? Interception? **** it; Field Goal is good.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    lel, you need a 24 hour window to has the sechz.

Last name "less", first name "swag".
    What if the sechz lasts 24 hours? Oh Snap!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the immortal words of Aaron Rodgers after the fail mary, "I WILL DESTROY ALL THAT YOU LOVE!".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if the sechz lasts 24 hours? Oh Snap!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the immortal words of Aaron Rodgers after the fail mary, "I WILL DESTROY ALL THAT YOU LOVE!".
    I will counter your quotation with the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    taken from rotoworld, original tweet from Armando Salguero:

According to the Miami Herald, impending free agent Matt Moore will seek a starting job.

In other words, he's not looking to make like Kyle Orton and nab the best job in sports, backup quarterback. With nearly a third of the league in search of new signal callers, Moore may well land a starting gig on the open market. However, it would be stunning if he signed as anything other than a bridge quarterback to a younger player.

how many QB jobs will/might be open? Jets, Jags, Cards, Bills?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will counter your quotation with the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
    But, we must never forget the way Dr. King put it, "*****, please".

edit: that's the B word, btw. Just so we're all clear on that...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    But, we must never forget the way Dr. King put it, "*****, please".

edit: that's the B word, btw. Just so we're all clear on that...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I STAND ALONE!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ProFootballWkly: #Eagles MT @GeoffMosherCSN: Had Chip decided to stay at Oregon, Gus Bradley woulda been the guy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I STAND ALONE!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Blogged today by Sundquist:

(This just seems strange - if he was a finalist or even in consideration - why would he author something like this? I would think if he were looking to land the Jets job he'd just lay low until the final decision was given)

http://www.thefootballeducator.com/n...down-the-road/

NFL Salary Cap Management – Kicking the can down the road
    Out of the 2012 regular season there are 6 NFL Clubs that are at least $10M over the Salary Cap entering the new League Year. None were playoff contenders; New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers, Carolina Panthers, and New York Giants. Both the Panthers and Jets have chosen to seek new front office management and are looking for ways conventional and creative to make room for upgrading their rosters next season.

Hard decisions
    There have been two extensions to the CBA since first implemented in the early 90’s. The pain of getting to a settlement was at times like the 10th “gasser” in a midsummer workout. The ultimate outcome left you feeling much better about your endurance. Most restructurings helped alleviate the sting of poor financial decisions. Teams that saw no way out were suddenly given a reprieve from penalties associated with violation.

Some Clubs learned the lessons taught through being pushed against the ceiling and having nowhere to go. Others just chose to use their “mulligan” and kept playing through with engrained bad habits of bookkeeping. There are a number of ways to piece together a proposal to an ownership to give your Club the breathing space it needs entering into a new Cap accounting period. The cleanest, most efficient are at times the most difficult in outright releasing players that no longer produce at the value of their associated contract. Many times these are veteran contributors that earned the right to those numbers years before the current situation. They’re being rewarded for what they “did” in the past and not necessarily what they’ll “do” in the future.

Is he worth it?
    Pride clouds reality for both player and agent, neither willing to give under any circumstances for the good of the club. Other times loyalty perseveres and a chance to finish out where it might have started outweighs any sting of a pay cut. It also puts pressure on coaching staffs looking to remain faithful to their core players in the wake of doing what’s right for the organization.

This can rip at an NFL Front Office from the inside, a battle most shouldn’t have to go through in preparation for Free Agency and the Draft. All facets of the Club should be in lockstep regarding the direction to take in order to improve the overall financial health and well being of the team. There are times when the easy out is taken to alleviate the short term fear of losing a known quantity at a position versus looking at the big picture, long term projection of the player. Those are what the media and agents like to call Contract Restructurings.

There are numerous cases where this is appropriate, especially if the player continues to perform at a level commensurate with compensation. Age and production are vital aspects of deciding when “restructuring” is warranted. That’s why the Front Office Management and Coaching must be on the same page with the evaluation of the player or players in question.

Getting into a pickle
    There are two ways to go about this. First, an EXTENSION; taking money out of an already inflated base salary and turning it into a guaranteed bonus that will add more years and push out the proration over the course of the extension. On some occasions this will cost even more in exchange for tying up the player even longer.

The second is what some call a MORTGAGE. Similar to an extension, the mortgage takes otherwise unguaranteed money out of base salary, turns it into a guaranteed bonus, and is prorated over the remainder of the existing contract.

Both have become accepted ways of dealing with Cap deficiencies and both are a bit like “kicking the can down the road”. Clubs that use these techniques as standard procedure in Cap Management are most likely unwilling to face the fear of replacing the player with an unknown. The base salary was inflated on the backend of the contract by agents to build in natural raises and for cosmetic purposes regarding overall average. Many times the player is in the latter stages of his career and there lies the dilemma – make the hard choice now, or kick the can down the road?

Long term responsibility
    It starts with responsible Cap Management on the front end and adhering to policies that don’t put you in this position in the first place; an overreliance on Free Agency, inflated market values, bidding wars, cosmetic contracts.

Mortgage the future or deal with the present? A sound Cap Plan keeps your coaching and personnel honest, financial management consistent, and the chance at long term success a reality.
    Last edited by IndianaJet; 01-16-2013 at 02:40 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    LOL lets just fuse all the final candidates together and make one SUPER GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Voltron for GM!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not it!
    That's not how drawing straws works, doe.

Personal foul, Seth. 15 yard penalty, automatic Power of Heart.
    For "not it" to apply, it must be done like this: