Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and News 1/16

Tweets and News 1/16

@ConorTOrr
    Per @JasonLaCanfora the #Jets plan to have a GM by Thursday. Finalists wrapping up interviews today.

@AlbertBreer
    Hearing the idea of hiring John Idzik intrigues the Jets. Has business sense, and Seahawks have put him on the road to scout of late too.

Media does not know crap, but please let this be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    @AlbertBreer
    Hearing the idea of hiring John Idzik intrigues the Jets. Has business sense, and Seahawks have put him on the road to scout of late too.

Translation: connecting dots and/or hopping on someone else's report.

I'd take Idzik, though. The Seahawks -- and Korn Ferry -- have built a strong FO in Seattle

@AlbertBreer

Im with you on this. Idzik or Sundquist!

Quote Originally Posted by VilmaStar View Post
    Im with you on this. Idzik or Sundquist!
    I would not hate Sundquist, but I will pass on him for either Idzik or Khan.

Hall Of Fame
    You have to believe that Idzik is going to be K/F's final recommendation to the Jets. They are familiar with him from Seattle and he has the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You have to believe that Idzik is going to be K/F's final recommendation to the Jets. They are familiar with him from Seattle and he has the experience.
    And for good reason, he has experience in all aspects of the game. He has also been part of a winning program wherever he was worked.

Jets Insider VIP
    I would not hate Sundquist, but I will pass on him for either Idzik or Khan.
    The problem there is Khan is not a personnel guy. Sundquist is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The problem there is Khan is not a personnel guy. Sundquist is.
    Granted, but Khan does have some input none the less. He would bring in some Steelers scouts with him I am sure.

Come on people..you know it's Cohen!

Been lurking through the GM search, just gotta say to those of you that do this threads each day with the twitter posts - thanks. It's good to have all of this stuff aggregated in one place, without having to have to use twitter myself.

Keep it coming!

@Steiny31
    Jim Popp is no longer in consideration for the #Jets GM job. #nyj

That is a bummer, but something I believe we all expected.

@UTKevinAcee: @nfldraftscout: Every HC hired so far has offensive background. Reid, Marrone, Chudzinski, McCoy & Trestman. > Offense wins championships!

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Come on people..you know it's Cohen!
    It's going to be Idzik. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    From your keyboard to Woody's ear!

Granted, but Khan does have some input none the less. He would bring in some Steelers scouts with him I am sure.
    I agree with this position. Just because Tannenbaum came from a cap management background and didn't know how to leverage scouts, and whose opinions mattered on player select, it does not mean that will be the case for all GM candidates that come from a financial background.

Khan, ideally would come with an understanding of the Steelers infrastructure, and the blueprint to re-create similar success. He'd almost certainly have a better working relationship with scouts, and they'd probably be people he appoints to their roles. I would hope.

Banned
    If it's true that the finalists are Khan, Cohen, and Idzik (and I take everything that's reported with a mountain of salt at this point), then I agree.

Khan is strictly a cap guy. Cohen is strictly a scout.

Idzik's a bit of both.

@Steiny31
    It sounds like the final four are: Kahn, Idzik, Sundquist and Cohen.

Idzik or Khan for me personally.

Jets Insider VIP
    @UTKevinAcee: @nfldraftscout: Every HC hired so far has offensive background. Reid, Marrone, Chudzinski, McCoy & Trestman. > Offense wins championships!
    Seahawks DC Bradley didn't get Eagles job yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    If it's true that the finalists are Khan, Cohen, and Idzik (and I take everything that's reported with a mountain of salt at this point), then I agree.

Khan is strictly a cap guy. Cohen is strictly a scout.

Idzik's a bit of both.
    From Cimini Blog

To that, I quote former longtime GM Bill Polian, who told SI's Peter King: "Football teams need to be led by football men who know how coaches think, how players think. You can't learn that in business school or law school."