Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 282

Thread: Tweets and News 1/16

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Steiny's not reliable guys. Remember that. Last year "Tim Tebow won't be a Jet." All season "Ricky Sapp will play and will play A LOT!" a week or so ago "My guy @Brian_Bassett (another hack) better get credit for nailing the Gamble-Jets story!"
    +1 steiny is a nice guy but a kiss ass to jets organization..not a true fan..that sees good and bad in team,,one sided view all the time.."everyones the best"

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,715
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    +1 steiny is a nice guy but a kiss ass to jets organization..not a true fan..that sees good and bad in team,,one sided view all the time.."everyones the best"
    So you're saying Steiny is Ray Ray?

  3. #43
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Agreed. I am hoping that the only reason he is still on the list is that he is an inside guy and they don't want to eliminate a guy that is going to stay in the organization.
    +1 gotta keep the in house people happy.

    Plus, it serves his career better as a GM candidate for other teams in the future. When all is said and done, next year, Cohen will be reported as having been a "finalist" for the Jets job.

    As competitive as the league is, these front office types are always looking out for the best interests of the people they work with, even if it means those people going to another team.

  4. #44
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Idzik + Khan got 2nd interviews RT @gerrydulac: Steeler exec Omar Khan had second interview with Jets, who plan to hire GM this week

  5. #45
    Has anyone specifically said that Cohen got a second interview?

    Because if he didn't then he is probably out

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    +1 gotta keep the in house people happy.

    Plus, it serves his career better as a GM candidate for other teams in the future. When all is said and done, next year, Cohen will be reported as having been a "finalist" for the Jets job.

    As competitive as the league is, these front office types are always looking out for the best interests of the people they work with, even if it means those people going to another team.
    This all makes total sense. Even if Cohen was a real consideration to them, why would they promote him when they could choose one of the other guys as GM and also have Cohen still part of the organization? They would essentially end up with 2 guys out of the 4 instead of just one.

    Lets hope this doesnt make "too much sense", since we are known for bad decisions ...

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Steiny's not reliable guys. Remember that. Last year "Tim Tebow won't be a Jet." All season "Ricky Sapp will play and will play A LOT!" a week or so ago "My guy @Brian_Bassett (another hack) better get credit for nailing the Gamble-Jets story!"
    Steins is an idiot. Point blank

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Agreed. I am hoping that the only reason he is still on the list is that he is an inside guy and they don't want to eliminate a guy that is going to stay in the organization.
    That was my thinking. We are going to need him at his current job at least until after the draft. Whoever the new GM is will be at a disadvantage if they have to fill key positions in his staff this late in the game.

  9. #49
    @AdamSchefter
    Steelers executive Omar Khan interviewed in NY for Jets GM job Wednesday.

  10. #50
    @BrianCoz
    Wow RT @mortreport: Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.

    Shocker if true...

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Posts
    2,554
    Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Wow RT @mortreport: Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Wow RT @mortreport: Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.
    WHAT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    So what you are saying is that in the last 7 years of working for the steelers Khan never sat in draft or personnel meetings?

    To take that a step further, the GM has to rely on his scouts to do their job, he cant run the entire FO and also handle the detail-oreientated aspect of scouting players. Do we really believe in his time in Pitts he didnt realize how to do that?

    Its the GMs job to set a macro-level vision and then ensure that it gets implemented by the people they hire. Whether his background is as a scout or on the business side, a guy like Khan has been part of a good organization for a long time, I find it hard to believe he would be considered as a top NFL exec if he hadnt picked up some nuances of the player personnel side of things.
    This is exactly right. For as much as we need a personnel upgrade, we also need a GM to set org structure and manage the cap. We need someone who can put others in positions to succeed and benefit from the work done by his entire staff.

  15. #55
    Wth? Thought it was announced that Kelly was staying put?

  16. #56
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Eagles' Nike gear might be suspect this season. Phil Knight's revenge.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wth? Thought it was announced that Kelly was staying put?
    So did I.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    So did I.
    Chip doin' Oregon dirty.

  19. #59
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Updated: Steelers executive Omar Khan interviewed in NY for Jets GM job Tuesday., not today.


    Faux John Madden ‏@FauxJohnMadden
    BREAKING: Eagles hire Oregon coach Chip Kelly, plan to have 52 different sets of uniforms in 2013

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,806
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Eagles' Nike gear might be suspect this season. Phil Knight's revenge.
    LOL.

    They might be getting some rashes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us