Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 282

Thread: Tweets and News 1/16

  1. #161
    Something about the Te'O situation that was pointed out to me: Has anyone considered that Manti might be gay? I mean, it would make sense, wouldn't it? Mormon guy who figures out that he's gay and doesn't want people to know (more specifically, his parents), and so he makes up having a gf as a cover? Then, maybe his family decides they want to meet the girl and so Manti fakes the non-existent girl's death? He, apparently, didn't go to the supposedly real girl's funeral. How bizarre is that?

  2. #162
    [
    Yes....this is certainly what the Jets need

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Crazy article. My reading comprehension may be off but am I right- some kid created a fake account of a woman? MT interacted with the account (which had a picture of a girl this kid went to HS with) and then it all developed from there. Eventually MT knew that this girl didn't exist but apparently didn't do anything to dispel this false story.

    AMIRITE?!
    Reports leaked out though that Teo and this girl had met.

    Nov. 28, 2009: Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto, according to the South Bend Tribune: "Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes." Kekua, a Stanford student, swaps phone numbers with Te'o.

    People are thinking this is a "Catfish" situation, based on the movie (look it up on wiki). I don't know. Especially now hearing that Tuiasosopo, the person who is suspected to control the account of the girlfriend, and Teo were friends.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 01-16-2013 at 05:05 PM.

  4. #164
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,527
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    This story is going to blow up over the next several hours. F*****g crazy.

  5. #165
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Reports leaked out though that Teo and this girl had met.

    Nov. 28, 2009: Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto, according to the South Bend Tribune: "Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes." Kekua, a Stanford student, swaps phone numbers with Te'o.

    People are thinking this is a "Catfish" situation, based on the movie (look it up on wiki). I don't know.
    More of a hoax created by Te'o and a friend.

  6. #166
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    "The Jets also changed their objective along the way. The initial goal was to hire a GM with a strong scouting background, but Idzik and Khan are experts in salary-cap management and contract negotiations. If the Jets go in that direction, it could mean a greater say in personnel for coach Rex Ryan."
    There's a great plan.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    More of a hoax created by Te'o and a friend.
    Just read the full article and noted it in my response. Thank you.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    There's a great plan.
    Agreed. If RR is going to have more of a say in talent evaluation, say hello to a roster filled with overrated guys like Maybin and Connor.

    This will be a disaster if RR gets final say over the roster.

  9. #169
    Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    I'm told Notre Dame will have an official comment on the Deadspin Manti Te'o story shortly.


    ****'s bout' to get real.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    I'm told Notre Dame will have an official comment on the Deadspin Manti Te'o story shortly.


    ****'s bout' to get real.
    This should be good. maybe Jets need to put off the GM hire till Friday?

  11. #171
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Something about the Te'O situation that was pointed out to me: Has anyone considered that Manti might be gay? I mean, it would make sense, wouldn't it? Mormon guy who figures out that he's gay and doesn't want people to know (more specifically, his parents), and so he makes up having a gf as a cover? Then, maybe his family decides they want to meet the girl and so Manti fakes the non-existent girl's death? He, apparently, didn't go to the supposedly real girl's funeral. How bizarre is that?
    That immediately popped up as a possibility to me when I started reading about the Ronaiah guy.

    Who knows? This is a crazy, crazy story.

  12. #172
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @SIPeteThamel: ND releases statement that says Te'o was victim of a hoax: "a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."


    Te'o got catfish'd?

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    I'm told Notre Dame will have an official comment on the Deadspin Manti Te'o story shortly.


    ****'s bout' to get real.
    WOW. That story is ridiculous. Anyone else have to keep re-reading the previous paragraph to figure out who was who due to the Hawaiian names? That's the biggest wtf story in months.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Agreed. If RR is going to have more of a say in talent evaluation, say hello to a roster filled with overrated guys like Maybin and Connor.

    This will be a disaster if RR gets final say over the roster.
    But as Woody said at the PC, Rex would have control over the coaches and the GM would have control over the players.

    And I'll say this again about Rex's supposed drafts, the last two have been pretty good for us.

  15. #175
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,527
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @SIPeteThamel: ND releases statement that says Te'o was victim of a hoax: "a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."


    Te'o got catfish'd?
    Thats is such BS.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @SIPeteThamel: ND releases statement that says Te'o was victim of a hoax: "a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."


    Te'o got catfish'd?
    but what about the phone calls? who was Manti talking too? did they get a fake girl to stand in? fishy still

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @SIPeteThamel: ND releases statement that says Te'o was victim of a hoax: "a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."


    Te'o got catfish'd?
    Would have bought it but then found out that the supposed perp, Tuiasosopo and Teo knew each other.

    "Te'o and Tuiasosopo definitely know each other. In May 2012, Te'o was retweeting Tuiasosopo, who had mentioned going to Hawaii. Wrote Te'o, "sole"—"bro," in Samoan—"u gotta come down." In June, Te'o wished Tuiasosopo a happy birthday. How they know each other isn't clear. We spoke to a woman we'll call Frieda, who had suggested on Twitter back in December that there was something fishy about Lennay Kekua. She was Facebook friends with Titus Tuiasosopo, so we asked her if she knew anything about Ronaiah."

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Something about the Te'O situation that was pointed out to me: Has anyone considered that Manti might be gay? I mean, it would make sense, wouldn't it? Mormon guy who figures out that he's gay and doesn't want people to know (more specifically, his parents), and so he makes up having a gf as a cover? Then, maybe his family decides they want to meet the girl and so Manti fakes the non-existent girl's death? He, apparently, didn't go to the supposedly real girl's funeral. How bizarre is that?
    That was my thought exactly. Got trapped in a web of lies and they spiraled out of control just trying to hide being gay.

  19. #179
    The full statement from Notre Dame

    On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Teo and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    There's a great plan.
    This is only true if you accept the beat writers calling Idzik a "cap guy". He's not. Cimini and the rest of the fail patrol as usual didn't do something as simple as googling the guy's credentials. Idzik has a background in personnel and will probably have a solid input during the draft. These media fails can't help themselves, always trying to set up the next pot shot at the organization.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us