Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and News 1/16

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The full statement from Notre Dame

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.
    ND's just opened itself up to weeks of questions about this "investigation" and it's eventual conclusion.

I won't Manish you guys with the appearance that I know anything more than what I've read on the internet, but if he is gay and now is trying to double down on this lie that he wasn't in on it, SI, ESPN, Deadspin are going to be his undoing.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 01-16-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    But as Woody said at the PC, Rex would have control over the coaches and the GM would have control over the players.

And I'll say this again about Rex's supposed drafts, the last two have been pretty good for us.
    That's true. Thanks for reminding us of that.

And I should say that the source of this was Cimini's speculation of what MIGHT happen if the Jets hire "a cap guy" as GM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN
    It appears Jets will go with external candidate to be new GM (Khan & Idzik have had 2nd interviews). I'm hearing Scott Cohen is on periphery

@Brian_Bassett
    While everyone zigs, I'll zag. Hearing nothing about Khan, Idzik & Cohen for #Jets GM, but (believe it or not) Gamble & Sundquist.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the bright side, Te'o's gf will be thrilled to find out she's not dead.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN
    It appears Jets will go with external candidate to be new GM (Khan & Idzik have had 2nd interviews). I'm hearing Scott Cohen is on periphery

@Brian_Bassett
    While everyone zigs, I'll zag. Hearing nothing about Khan, Idzik & Cohen for #Jets GM, but (believe it or not) Gamble & Sundquist.
    Wasn't Bassett the one that Steiny was blowing?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    On the bright side, Te'o's gf will be thrilled to find out she's not dead.
    From the story:

She was initially confused, then horrified to find that she had become the face of a dead woman. "That picture," she told us over the phone, "is a picture of me from my Facebook account."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN

@Brian_Bassett
    I wonder if someone is giving the different reporters different reports

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't Bassett the one that Steiny was blowing?
    Pretty much, Basset was the one who first reported Gamble was a ''done deal'' essentially.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much, Basset was the one who first reported Gamble was a ''done deal'' essentially.
    And to his credit, he has stuck with that story all this time.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I give him credit sticking to the story, but every other major media outlet has not said a word about Gamble yet. Basset is a good guy, but I have to lean toward the majority here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even after Gamble took a **** on Woody's desk?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the story:

She was initially confused, then horrified to find that she had become the face of a dead woman. "That picture," she told us over the phone, "is a picture of me from my Facebook account."
    That means she's available, right?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    per NFL.com on rotoworld:

GM John Schneider confirmed Wednesday that the Seahawks will listen to offers for Matt Flynn.

"I'd be lying to you if I told you that we wouldn't be listening to people," Schneider said in a radio interview. "I think we all believe he's a starter in this league, but we structure ourselves in a salary-cap manner where we're in a very good position with him." Set to make "just" $5.25 million in 2013 only $2 million of which is guaranteed Flynn has a tradeable contract. However, his free agent market proved limited last offseason, so there's no guarantee there will be meaningful interest in a career backup who turns 28 in June.

he gone

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Brian_Bassett
    This is getting ridiculous..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if Idzik is still at Florham Park or did he fly back to Seattle?

Maybe the reporters predicting a Thursday announcement are just guessing because they know the second interview taking place today.

While I certainly hope not, isn't it possible that Idzik and Kahn were only the first two 2nd interviews and that the Jets may have set up?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Does anyone know if Idzik is still at Florham Park or did he fly back to Seattle?

Maybe the reporters predicting a Thursday announcement are just guessing because they know the second interview taking place today.

While I certainly hope not, isn't it possible that Idzik and Kahn were only the first two 2nd interviews and that the Jets may have set up?
    Dunno, lemme just check his flight times real quick...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dunno, lemme just check his flight times real quick...
    Yeah tell us what is up with that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post

Well it was reported that the Jets wanted to get this decision done by the end of the week.

Only 2 days left....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN

@Brian_Bassett
    Translation? I'm just guessing and making sh1t up, because I know there's zero consequences for getting the story wrong in the world of Twitter journalism.