Thread: Tom Moore looking for OC job

Veteran

Tom Moore looking for OC job

Maybe he would take job

probably Denver-bound now that Peyton lost his OC to San Diego

Jets Insider VIP
    Look why in the world would the Jets hire a guy who knows their starting QB and his limitations and was responsible for the Jets leading the NFL in redzone efficiency?????

Why do that when we have been so good on offense the last few years!!!

Yea why do that!!!

Hmmmm that I guess is the reason why the Jets have everyone linked to the OC position but Moore!!!!

Good Grief!!!

Veteran
    Wasn't he some consultant a couple of years ago in TC? If so Rex knows him somewhat...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Oh Dip, Tom Moore wants to be an OC again

Per PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oo-much-sense/

By Darin Gantt
    Jan 16, 2013, 10:01 AM EST
    Moore looking for OC job, and one makes too much sense

The Titans brought veteran offensive coach Tom Moore in as a five-week consultant after they fired offensive coordinator Chris Palmer, offering replacement play-caller Dowell Loggains a set of training wheels.

But Moore said he’s now looking for a new challenge, and one seems more obvious than the rest.

“They have their coaching staff set there at Tennessee, and I don’t want anybody’s job. I want a job that is open,” Moore told Jim Wyatt of the Tennesseean. “I truly enjoyed myself while I was there in Tennessee. It is a great organization. It was a privilege to work for them the short time I was there.

“But Mike [Munchak] has a coaching staff, and a good coaching staff. So it is time for me to find something else.”

Moore didn’t mention any specific possibilities, but there just so happens to be a team that just lost an offensive coordinator, which just so happens to employ a quarterback Moore is familiar with. Moore has only the thinnest background working with Denver coach John Fox, as they were with the Steelers together in 1989. But since the Broncos catered the offense to Peyton Manning this year anyway under now-Chargers head coach Mike McCoy, and Moore called that offense with the Colts, it’s simply a logical step to make.

But Moore wants everyone with an opening to know he’s available.

“I’d like to get a job as an offensive coordinator in the National Football League. I don’t know if that is going to transpire or if that is going to happen, but that’s what I want to do. I don’t want it to be a deep, dark secret,” he said. “If it doesn’t, I certainly haven’t been cheated, but that is what I would like to do. Anyone that’s open, I’m interested.”

Moore said he played golf with Bengals coach Tuesday, but the Bengals don’t have an opening yet (though coordinator Jay Gruden has made the interview rounds).

“I am still young by my standards, so I can do it. I’m a young 74,” Moore said. “You have to do something worthwhile in your life, and I feel I have some things to offer.

“I am not going to sit around in good health and good mind and vegetate and not be able to do something productive. Hopefully somebody will give me a shot.”

Again, Fox might not have any interest in Moore. But some fits just seem so natural and make too much sense to not consider.

View Comments (2)

Sign this beast Woody !

Ah dump or merge.

You guys are fast

Serious question, what is Tom Moore's credentials outside of his time with peyton manning?

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Serious question, what is Tom Moore's credentials outside of his time with peyton manning?
    Making our slow, old jets offense the best red zone offense in 2011 as a consultant

Talking SEAHAWKS VP IDZIK PREDICTED JETS QB + RYAN FAILURES

FROM DEC. 19TH ARTICLE
    =Jets, Sanchez, Ryan – Wrong mix for NFL QB development?

The New York Jets 2012 season came to a head Monday Night when starting QB Mark Sanchez threw 4 interceptions in a 14-10 loss to Tennessee. The Jets were eliminated from playoff contention and Rex Ryan subsequently named Greg McElroy as the starter this week for the final home game versus San Diego. With backup QB Tim Tebow healed from a rib injury, many questioned why Ryan bypassed the popular but controversial Tebow in favor of McElroy.
    Cloudy picture

It remains unclear whether Ryan and or Sanchez will return for the 2013. Sanchez has struggled all season ranking 33rd in QB rating, 32nd in completion %, tied for 2nd in Interceptions (3rd INT %), 25th in TD passes (29th TD %), 24th in total passing yards, tied for 7th in sacks, and so it goes. . .

Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum built the Jets on the premise of a dominant running game and strong defense. The hope was Sanchez would continue to develop while being propped up by this support system. But Sanchez is regressing, along with a running game & defense that haven’t lived up to their end of the bargain.

Have fun in Denver, Tom.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    FROM DEC. 19TH ARTICLE

The New York Jets 2012 season came to a head Monday Night when starting QB Mark Sanchez threw 4 interceptions in a 14-10 loss to Tennessee. The Jets were eliminated from playoff contention and Rex Ryan subsequently named Greg McElroy as the starter this week for the final home game versus San Diego. With backup QB Tim Tebow healed from a rib injury, many questioned why Ryan bypassed the popular but controversial Tebow in favor of McElroy.
    Cloudy picture

It remains unclear whether Ryan and or Sanchez will return for the 2013. Sanchez has struggled all season ranking 33rd in QB rating, 32nd in completion %, tied for 2nd in Interceptions (3rd INT %), 25th in TD passes (29th TD %), 24th in total passing yards, tied for 7th in sacks, and so it goes. . .

Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum built the Jets on the premise of a dominant running game and strong defense. The hope was Sanchez would continue to develop while being propped up by this support system. But Sanchez is regressing, along with a running game & defense that haven’t lived up to their end of the bargain.
    How is Idzik tied to this article?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    FROM DEC. 19TH ARTICLE

Cloudy picture

Sundquist supposedly blogged that...not Idzik

http://www.thefootballeducator.com/j...b-development/

Tom Moore is two years older than God.

No thanks