Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 100

Thread: Idzik=Flynn

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    First, it doesn't matter what kind of QB he was in College. GB develops QBs. They did it with Favre, Hasselback, Rodgers, and now Flynn. Many "experts" didn't think very highly of Rogers coming out and now he is one of if not the very best QBs in the game.

    Give up a conditional pick, hell even try to push it to 2014. Then draft a QB fairly high. If we don't fix the QB position this team will never improve.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    First, it doesn't matter what kind of QB he was in College. GB develops QBs. They did it with Favre, Hasselback, Rodgers, and now Flynn. Many "experts" didn't think very highly of Rogers coming out and now he is one of if not the very best QBs in the game.

    Give up a conditional pick, hell even try to push it to 2014. Then draft a QB fairly high. If we don't fix the QB position this team will never improve.
    If Flynn was so good why didn't the Seattle coaching staff see it? They benched a veteran FA who was making $2 mil for a 5'10 rookie. Flynn is not that good the Seattle offense looked sluggish and mediocre with Flynn in preseason.


    Matt Flynn = Matt Cassell Part Deux

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If Flynn was so good why didn't the Seattle coaching staff see it? They benched a veteran FA who was making $2 mil for a 5'10 rookie. Flynn is not that good the Seattle offense looked sluggish and mediocre with Flynn in preseason.


    Matt Flynn = Matt Cassell Part Deux

    Ummmm. Did you see Russel Wilson play this season? That's why Flynn didn't start. All we know is that Seattle felt Wilson was better than Flynn

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    Ummmm. Did you see Russel Wilson play this season? That's why Flynn didn't start. All we know is that Seattle felt Wilson was better than Flynn
    Stop. You're rationalizing Flynn being benched because Pete friggin Carroll knew Russell Wilson would play all-world in August? I saw Flynn start in preseason for the Seahawks he was ineffective. Think Sanchez had a bad game against the Titans? So did Flynn he had a pick and a fumble in one half at home playing with a way better supporting cast.

  5. #45
    I don't know if Flynn will be good,but if our scouts think he will then try to trade for him. We desperately need to upgrade the quarterback position and I don't see too many options to do that

    If you are against Flynn- who's your QB next year

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    I don't know if Flynn will be good,but if our scouts think he will then try to trade for him. We desperately need to upgrade the quarterback position and I don't see too many options to do that

    If you are against Flynn- who's your QB next year
    Flynn's not ran upgrade over Suckchez, will cost us a day 1 pick we need and will count an additional $2 mil against our cap.

    Rather just stick with Suckchez and upgrade the OL and use cap space and draft to fill holes on D. Sign a cheap vet like Garrard to backup/compete for starting job.

  7. #47
    A tandom of Sanchez and Garrard give you zero chance to win

  8. #48
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    169
    MATT FLYNN FOR PRESIDENT

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    A tandom of Sanchez and Gereard give you zero chance to win
    If zero chance to win means winning 4 playoff games his first two years when he had an actual supporting cast - ok I get you.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    MATT FLYNN FOR PRESIDENT
    Matt Cassel for VP

    Matt Moore for Secretary of State

    Matt Leinart for Secretary of Education

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If zero chance to win means winning 4 playoff games his first two years when he had an actual supporting cast - ok I get you.
    I wish Sanchez was that player still, but he's not

    I don't know why but he has regressed the last 2 years. He's good for 2 turnovers a game. He never commits to a quick decision, he's careless with the ball and he's not accurate. Yep he looks like the total package to me. Let's keep him as the starter for the next 10 years. Maybe give him an extension ( Are you Tannenbaum?)

    Maybe sanchez is successful elsewhere but it's not going to happen here- move on

  12. #52
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If zero chance to win means winning 4 playoff games his first two years when he had an actual supporting cast - ok I get you.
    That Sanchez is gone. He is by no way shape or form the same guy mentally. Throwing him back out there as your starter is doing a disservice to Mark Sanchez, the other 52 guys on the roster, and more importantly, the fans.
    Last edited by pcola; 01-16-2013 at 03:05 PM.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I like Idzik.

    But I hope you are wrong about Flynn. I don't want him.
    I don't want Flynn either. We need to follow the trend and get us a QB like in SF, Seattle and Washington if we want to have the kind of attack Rex wants.

  14. #54
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Matt Cassel for VP

    Matt Moore for Secretary of State

    Matt Leinart for Secretary of Education
    lol i get the whole Matt situation you had going on but I think Rhodes scholar GMac would be better for secretary of education than Leinart

  15. #55
    Would be nice to just magically get Russel Wilson or RG3. But how do you propose we get him???

  16. #56
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    I don't want Flynn either. We need to follow the trend and get us a QB like in SF, Seattle and Washington if we want to have the kind of attack Rex wants.
    You do realize that if our new GM is not named Cohen, Rex is not here past next December right?

  17. #57
    Its become very obvious in todays NFL, you need a stud QB. Just look at the scores during the playoffs. Defenses have become marginalized due to crazy enforcement of penalties....A game managing QB with a top defense will just not get it done anymore.

    Whether its Flynn or another QB we need to take a shot at a new QB..I dont know anything about the college QBs but I would have no problem taking a shot with Flynn.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    Ummmm. Did you see Russel Wilson play this season? That's why Flynn didn't start. All we know is that Seattle felt Wilson was better than Flynn
    Flynn didn't even look better then TJ during the Pre for what it is worth. He only made the team because they already paid him IMO. Wilson wasn't even in the running for the starter slot until week 4 of the preseason.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Flynn didn't even look better then TJ during the Pre for what it is worth. He only made the team because they already paid him IMO. Wilson wasn't even in the running for the starter slot until week 4 of the preseason.
    Ok that's a fact then. I guess you work on the Seahawks coaching staff

  20. #60
    I must confess I did not see the 4 Seahawks preseason games so I'll take everything you say as fact

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us