Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Idzik=Flynn

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Sanchez isn't a free agent in 2014.

And why would Seattle even want him? The only reason it's been rumored that Seattle wants to move Flynn is to find a backup with a similar skill set to Russell Wilson. I don't know how much football you've watched, but Sanchez is not that guy.
    Seattle will get a much better draft pick from the Jets by taking sanchez in the trade. No one is giving less than a 4th for flynn straight up..including the Jets.. But if they take Sanchez in a deal we would maybe give them a 2nd. thats a lot but have to realize we are not only trading for flynn, we are paying someone to take sanchez.. This pick can be used to draft their "wilson backup" Maybe on draft day they dont see that guy they want and trade the pick for next yr draft.. Its a good deal for them, assuming wilson doesnt get hurt and are not forced to use sanchez in 13.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez resume: 2 AFC Championships, 1 bad season with 32 TDs, 1 bad season with 13 Tds.

Flynn resume: 1 win, no losses

Um, Seattle can keep Flynnboy

Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Ok just a thought. If the Jets hire Idzik I'd think the Jets might be the favorite for Flynn. Not sure what it would take but I'd be happy. Hopefully we don't give up high draft picks to get him. My thought would be Sanchez and a 4th for Flynn. I don't think Seattle would go for it but would love it.

For the people who think it's a salary cap issue it's not. I'm not a salary cap guy but you look at the numbers:

Sanchez 8 million for this year then a free agent.

Flynn 5-6 million for two years.

Seattle adds 2-3 million and is cleared in year two. We gain 5 million for 2014.

As I said I like the trade but probably won't happen just wanted to see what others thought.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure this was the same awkward attempting to connect the dots argument that people were making with Gamble and Alex Smith.

We have no idea what Idzik's opinion on Flynn is, he might be a Russell Wilson guy and part of the reason Flynn wasn't even starting for all we know. If that's the case odds are against him bringing him into here. Having inside information does work both ways.

I still say it's far more likely our next QB will be drafted, but if we did trade for someone it's probably someone on a rookie contract like Foles simply because of the salary cap situation.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no clue what Flynn is. But I do know what Sanchez is and have no interest in seeing him as our starter on opening day

Am I the only guy that's watched Sanchez these past 2 seasons

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    Sanchez resume: 2 AFC Championships, 1 bad season with 32 TDs, 1 bad season with 13 Tds.

Sanchez resume in 2011,2012

only 54 turnovers in past 2 years to lead the NFL. Pretty impressive feat considering the Jets Run the ball much more than other teams, thus severely limiting his chances to achieve a turnover.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post

only 54 turnovers in past 2 years to lead the NFL. Pretty impressive feat considering the Jets Run the ball much more than other teams, thus severely limiting his chances to achieve a turnover.
    Well said

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Ok just a thought. If the Jets hire Idzik I'd think the Jets might be the favorite for Flynn. Not sure what it would take but I'd be happy. Hopefully we don't give up high draft picks to get him. My thought would be Sanchez and a 4th for Flynn. I don't think Seattle would go for it but would love it.

For the people who think it's a salary cap issue it's not. I'm not a salary cap guy but you look at the numbers:

Sanchez 8 million for this year then a free agent.

Flynn 5-6 million for two years.

Seattle adds 2-3 million and is cleared in year two. We gain 5 million for 2014.

As I said I like the trade but probably won't happen just wanted to see what others thought.
    Sanchez is 8.75 mill, whether or not he gets hit by a truck crossing the street tonight.

If The seahawks trade Flynn they take a 4 mil cap hit for the prorated SB
    So it will cost them 12.75 mill and all of their available cap space (after rookies) in order to get a worse back up qb.

And why do you think the seahawks would ever consider such a thing.

Now if the jets wanted to do a salary dump, the would need to identify a team like the bengals who have 40 mill is space and trade him and a good pick for a 7th. The Bengals get closer to the 90% cap floor and and pick up another top 100 pick at cheap labor prices for 4 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

lol you are not actually endorsing the Sanchez are you?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 things:

- totally agree Sanchez sucked this year, absolutely sucked. can you name me one quality player he had on offense supporting him though? he had peicemeal garbage.

- in 2011, the man had 32 TDs, and have you ever seen a QB with a 32-TD season get absolutely berated by the media all offseason long with "hes not the answer, hes terrible, etc." after 3 seasons of 2 AFC champ's, and one 8-8 season?

Philip Rivers had just as many turnovers, and talk about regression....but he is in San Diego, so to the "fan-public", he is not as bad as somebody in NY..

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    why do people want Flynn? he was beaten out by a rookie.
    why would Idzik bring Flynn? he saw, first-hand, how he got beat out by a rookie.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    im realistic. Hes not great and hes never going to be Manning or Brady - good luck finding that. I say we draft Barkley (who gives a crap if he went to USC, he is a different person than Sanchez. I went to college with my best friend and we are different people - it doesnt mean we throw the ball the same way), or draft Nassib or another QB, have them come in and compete, learn under Sanchez. If we see more of the same with Sanchez in the first 3-4 weeks, we throw the youngster in there. If Sanchez finally plays how he is capable of playing, we stay with him.

the main problem isnt Sanchez, it is way more than that. RBs, WRs, TE, O-LINE - all needs to be blown up or pumped up. If we get that, Sanchez can be good for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    lol you are not actually endorsing the Sanchez are you?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the unknown Flynn is the answer to Jet's problems. It feels good but he couldn't even start on his own team.

I don't think ANY GM is going to hamstring themselves in 2013 by making such a bold deal. 2013 is a rebuilding year - any way you cut it - and Rex may be gone in 2014. A GM is going to want to take a conservative approach and build through the draft.

So what - even if we stick with Sanchez - it's one more year that isn't going to be great anyhow. With a few better players the Jets are capable of going 6-10/9-7 with Sanchez - why bother hunting for some panacea when the rest of the team isn't ready for a big push? Far too much to fix atm - and far too little flexibility.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be in favor of taking a chance on Flynn for a mid-round pick. It's a quarterback driven league and we don't have one, that is priority #1. Been reading countless times that the upcoming draft doesn't have many promising QB's and I don't want to wait another year to at least try to address this

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    why would Idzik bring Flynn? he saw, first-hand, how he got beat out by a rookie.
    Russell Wilson was a pretty damn good rookie though

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    A tandom of Sanchez and Garrard give you zero chance to win
    Besides Smith, Garrard is the best qb out there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    So, look at the rookie. Wilson would have beaten out 1/2 the starters in the league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys. Are we really trying to make the playoffs in 2013? If not, who gives a crap if Sanchez starts or not. I'd rather do what's in the best interests of the 2014 cap at this point and if that means Sanchez starts in 2013, I'm fine with that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Besides Smith, Garrard is the best qb out there.
    Yes, but the issue is price. None of these guys is the missing link and they aren't going to get paid via rookie contracts. I just see any competent GM looking at what we've got and realizing that the bed to lie down with Sanchez for another year has already been made.

He has zero trade value. It sucks, but we are stuck with him. The only change that makes sense is if a rookie can come in (like Wilson) and beat him out. No worries about Sanchez sitting on the bench

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 things:

- totally agree Sanchez sucked this year, absolutely sucked. can you name me one quality player he had on offense supporting him though? he had peicemeal garbage.

- in 2011, the man had 32 TDs, and have you ever seen a QB with a 32-TD season get absolutely berated by the media all offseason long with "hes not the answer, hes terrible, etc." after 3 seasons of 2 AFC champ's, and one 8-8 season?

Philip Rivers had just as many turnovers, and talk about regression....but he is in San Diego, so to the "fan-public", he is not as bad as somebody in NY..

Rivers didnt have a great year, I could care less about him.. he still had a qb rating of 88 in his worst year..and still has a career 94 rating.. He threw for over 4,600 yards last year..over a thousand more yards than mark.. Sanchez rating 78 last year, 66 this year.. He ran for 6 tds last year. I cant even understand how fans still defend this guy..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Q

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Either way Sanchez counts $8.25 mil against our cap next year. I'd rather just have him on the roster. Just like you guys I was disgusted by his play this year but I want to give him one more shot with Tone, Hill and Keller all healthy plus Braylon on the roster for the entire season...

... and maybe a real OC for the 1st time in his entire career who helps QB's instead of killing them (paging Fassel).
    This was my hope as well. Unfortunately I now believe that Sanchez confidence is probably totally shot!!!

That the Jets ineptitude regarding QB grooming has made the whole Sanchez thing probably not repairable. I think that the Sanchez who showed up here four years ago had a chance to be a good to a very good QB. Not one poster before he was drafts said that he was Montana, Brady, Kelly or Elway etc. for the Jets to act like he was insanity of the highest order.

Did Sanchez go around calling himself the "Sanchize"? No

Only are HC and FO did that. They had a real chance two years ago to trade Sanchez if they just wanted a game manager and aren't going to build around him and they said no. Now we as fans reap the salute of their folly.