Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Idzik=Flynn

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Besides Smith, Garrard is the best qb out there.
    Thank you Garrard is better than Flynn.

Good Grief!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Besides Smith, Garrard is the best qb out there.
    Smith isnt good either. Of the QBs that we could start, I have Smith is below Sanchez. I want to win this year not build a team to win with some mythical QB 2-3 years from now. That is how we ended up with Sanchez to start. If we had just drafted a QB in 08 instead of going after Farve who didn't want to run our O. Likely we'd have Ryan or Flacco right now. Instead we panicked and paid way too much to get Mark in what was a poor QB draft. I'll take any of the top 7 QBs here over Sanchez. It isn't like Nate Davis is the #3 this year. There is some real talent in this draft. Sanchez wasn't a good prospect he was just better then the other crap QBs that year. I still just don't get why we did that. Farve wasn't the answer and Sanchez sure as heck wasn't either.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i defend a qb that can get us to two afc championships in 4 seasons, and in the other two, at least have one year with 32 tds. to me (a frustrated jet fan of 35 years), ill take what I have gotten from my team's QB play between vinny, chad and mark in the last 10-12 years. lots of playoff appearances too. many other teams wouldnt say that because they dont have the track record the jets have from the 70s, 80s and 90s - pure crap. im happy with our relevance in the last 10 years or so....if you are looking for a super bowl every season with a manning or brady, good luck finding it - its not an easy task....sure, lets go with flynn, then if he stinks then what, blow it up again? and again? we know we can get to within 30 minutes of a super bowl with sanchez - he proved it twice! lets just surround him with good talent and try it again. id put my money on that, not a chance on another guy who has started one game (flynn)!!! i dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Rivers didnt have a great year, I could care less about him.. he still had a qb rating of 88 in his worst year..and still has a career 94 rating.. He threw for over 4,600 yards last year..over a thousand more yards than mark.. Sanchez rating 78 last year, 66 this year.. He ran for 6 tds last year. I cant even understand how fans still defend this guy..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Smith isnt good either. Of the QBs that we could start, I have Smith is below Sanchez. I want to win this year not build a team to win with some mythical QB 2-3 years from now. That is how we ended up with Sanchez to start. If we had just drafted a QB in 08 instead of going after Farve who didn't want to run our O. Likely we'd have Ryan or Flacco right now. Instead we panicked and paid way too much to get Mark in what was a poor QB draft. I'll take any of the top 7 QBs here over Sanchez. It isn't like Nate Davis is the #3 this year. There is some real talent in this draft. Sanchez wasn't a good prospect he was just better then the other crap QBs that year. I still just don't get why we did that. Farve wasn't the answer and Sanchez sure as heck wasn't either.
    It's amazing how everyone thinks 08 was a joke with Favre. We were 8-3, winners of 5 in a row, and the Favre got hurt. He played through the injury but was ineffective. If he stayed healthy certainly we would have been a playoff team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    It's amazing how everyone thinks 08 was a joke with Favre. We were 8-3, winners of 5 in a row, and the Favre got hurt. He played through the injury but was ineffective. If he stayed healthy certainly we would have been a playoff team.
    It was a one year patch to bring in a what was he 37 years old QB. Yeah it was a joke. We where not winning anything that year and we all knew it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Thank you Garrard is better than Flynn.

Good Grief!!!!!
    Garrard isn't a bad pickup at all if he's healthy but I would draft the best QB in this draft if he's there for the Jets.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully we have a GM that appreciates the precious value of draft picks. The new GM should use that 2nd - 4th round pick for a QB to develop. It's way cheaper doing it this way too.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a one year patch to bring in a what was he 37 years old QB. Yeah it was a joke. We where not winning anything that year and we all knew it.
    At 8-3, after beating 10-0 titans in their building, we all knew we weren't winning anything?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is revisionist history-Until Favre got hurt we were definite contenders and a 38 year old Favre also made the Vikings contenders.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    This is revisionist history-Until Favre got hurt we were definite contenders and a 38 year old Favre also made the Vikings contenders.
    I never thought we where under Farve. It was a dog and pony show was all. We where 2 years into a rebuild. We weren't winning with that team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought we where under Farve. It was a dog and pony show was all. We where 2 years into a rebuild. We weren't winning with that team.
    That team absolutely would have made the playoffs and gone balls deep if it wasn't for Favre getting hurt and Mangini sh_tting the bed. Imagine if we had held onto Favre one more year with a better HC in Rex upgrading our D. We probably win a Super Bowl in 2009.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    why do people want Flynn? he was beaten out by a rookie.
    why would Idzik bring Flynn? he saw, first-hand, how he got beat out by a rookie.
    Some of the people on this site saw Sportscenter clips 2 years ago of Flynn crapping on a Detroit Lions secondary that couldn't stop an old lady at WR in a meaningless game. They didn't see him throw a pick and fumble it during preseason at home facing a terrible Titans' D or checkdown the rest of the preseason and ultimately hand his job to Russel Wilson on a platter.

Lemme guess? These are the same Jets fans who drooled over Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff after watching those clowns go nuts facing 2nd and 3rd string defenses.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    You are all undervaluing Flynn

If he was available in this draft, he would be going in the first round (probably before we pick at 9)

If you are only willing to give up a 3rd or 4th there is no way you're getting him.

Personally I wouldn't think twice at giving up a 2nd rounder and would consider giving up a first rounder.

We need a QB desperately if out scouts think Flynn is a legit starter then you go for it. We need a legit starter and if he's young then even better.....
    A 1st or 2nd is too much for Flynn. You are overvaluing. Thank god Woody didn't hire you as gm. Looks like teams don't want him or give up too much for him. I hope we can get him for a 4th. If he becomes a free agent I don't think we'll be able to sign him. Be too much money for us. Not sure where else he could go to start maybe:

1. Chiefs
    2. Jaguars
    3. Cardinals
    4. Bills

Be interesting to see what happens.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would prefer going the draft route, although this class isn't great at QB. Also, consider that Rex Ryan is on a short leash so there might be a tendency on his part to push for a Flynn or a Smith because he wants to win now. Its obvious the rebuilding the Jets is a 2-3 process, so I do hope Idzak hangs in there and moves the team towards the future.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many games has Flynn started & he's never played in the playoffs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'd think it would make sense. You figure John Idzik had something to do with the acquisition of Matt Flynn last offseason. Now that he's our GM and Flynn is potentially available, wouldn't he want familiar faces around?

I'm not convinced Matt Flynn is anything other than a guy that just had a couple of good games with the Packers and will never amount to anything as a QB. Who knows?

What I do know is that it is about time the Jets had a real live QB competition in training camp. Matt Flynn would provide that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    2 things:

- totally agree Sanchez sucked this year, absolutely sucked. can you name me one quality player he had on offense supporting him though? he had peicemeal garbage.

- in 2011, the man had 32 TDs, and have you ever seen a QB with a 32-TD season get absolutely berated by the media all offseason long with "hes not the answer, hes terrible, etc." after 3 seasons of 2 AFC champ's, and one 8-8 season?

Philip Rivers had just as many turnovers, and talk about regression....but he is in San Diego, so to the "fan-public", he is not as bad as somebody in NY..
    Kerley is a quality player. Keller is a quality player but overrated. The offensive line is solid. Sorry he may not have Melting Ice's receivers, but Sanchez issues are pretty much Sanchez issues. He completely sucks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    why do people want Flynn? he was beaten out by a rookie.
    why would Idzik bring Flynn? he saw, first-hand, how he got beat out by a rookie.
    Flynn actually played excellent in the pre-season, but Wilson was special. It was such a bold move by Seattle because of the way Flynn played in pre-season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Kerley is a quality player. Keller is a quality player but overrated. The offensive line is solid. Sorry he may not have Melting Ice's receivers, but Sanchez issues are pretty much Sanchez issues. He completely sucks.
    Sanchez had a decent slot receiver and an overrated pass catching TE that was hurt most of the season. College QB's have better weapons than he did last year

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez Free In 2013!