Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 100

Thread: Idzik=Flynn

  1. #1

    Idzik=Flynn

    Ok just a thought. If the Jets hire Idzik I'd think the Jets might be the favorite for Flynn. Not sure what it would take but I'd be happy. Hopefully we don't give up high draft picks to get him. My thought would be Sanchez and a 4th for Flynn. I don't think Seattle would go for it but would love it.

    For the people who think it's a salary cap issue it's not. I'm not a salary cap guy but you look at the numbers:

    Sanchez 8 million for this year then a free agent.

    Flynn 5-6 million for two years.

    Seattle adds 2-3 million and is cleared in year two. We gain 5 million for 2014.

    As I said I like the trade but probably won't happen just wanted to see what others thought.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,762
    I like Idzik.

    But I hope you are wrong about Flynn. I don't want him.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    I think we get him for a 3 or 4 with perhaps a conditional pick. But Sanchez is not part of the deal. Seattle we t on record that they want a back up with similar skills to Wilson so there would t be any drastic change to the O if Wilson got hurt. They labeled Flynn strictly a WCO type of guy.

    I think Flynn is the best option for 2013. That way we wouldn't be forced to draft one u less we really liked him.

  4. #4
    That and Idzik gives us a competent GM with experience in almost every field possible.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,127
    I'd rather they draft a QB in the 3rd/4th round.

  6. #6
    Flynn for the right price is a good trade. SEA will want a 2nd, thats too high. I'd do a conditional third based on snaps.

    I truly think if not Flynn the jets are going to be looking a different direction, for a E.J. Manuel, Tajh Boyd type (if he had declared) in the draft. Mobile seems to be the way the qb position is going. But these days the mobile qbs can THROW. If we tank the season at least Bridgewater is a nice consolation.

  7. #7
    Unless you get someone like Rivers (who I really donít want), or another legitimate NFL starter, then the Jets will need two viable starting QBís this year, not one.

    With that, if Iím the Jets, I would do this.
    Get rid of Sanchez, get Flynn + you still draft a QB Ė (target one in rd. 2 or 3). Then you let them compete in training camp for the starting job like Seattle did.

    One of the most frustrating things about last year was having no options/depth at QB at all once Mark failed.

  8. #8
    No trading picks...we need to build dept before even thinking about the QB position

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,147
    Sanchez isn't a free agent in 2014.

    And why would Seattle even want him? The only reason it's been rumored that Seattle wants to move Flynn is to find a backup with a similar skill set to Russell Wilson. I don't know how much football you've watched, but Sanchez is not that guy.

  10. #10
    You are all undervaluing Flynn

    If he was available in this draft, he would be going in the first round (probably before we pick at 9)

    If you are only willing to give up a 3rd or 4th there is no way you're getting him.

    Personally I wouldn't think twice at giving up a 2nd rounder and would consider giving up a first rounder.

    We need a QB desperately if out scouts think Flynn is a legit starter then you go for it. We need a legit starter and if he's young then even better.....
    Last edited by drcgull; 01-16-2013 at 01:01 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I like Idzik.

    But I hope you are wrong about Flynn. I don't want him.
    +1` Flynn gives me 0 hope at winning anything.

  12. #12
    I don't think people are undervaluing him. He is a good qb with potential. He has never started and he played one game last year and looked really good. He was beat out by a really good rookie player. a 1st or 2nd for him is stretching it. A 3rd should get it done.

    As for the people mentioning Seattle is looking for a player like Wilson to back up that makes sense. I put Sanchez in there because I'd like to get rid of him. I'm well aware that we'd be lucky to get a football for Sanchez. Just putting it out there. If they would be willing to take him I'd say Sanchez and a 4th would get it done. No Sanchez I think a 3rd would get it done.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,744
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    I don't think people are undervaluing him. He is a good qb with potential. He has never started and he played one game last year and looked really good. He was beat out by a really good rookie player. a 1st or 2nd for him is stretching it. A 3rd should get it done.

    As for the people mentioning Seattle is looking for a player like Wilson to back up that makes sense. I put Sanchez in there because I'd like to get rid of him. I'm well aware that we'd be lucky to get a football for Sanchez. Just putting it out there. If they would be willing to take him I'd say Sanchez and a 4th would get it done. No Sanchez I think a 3rd would get it done.
    Can we send them Tebow and a 5th?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    You are all undervaluing Flynn

    If he was available in this draft, he would be going in the first round (probably before we pick at 9)

    If you are only willing to give up a 3rd or 4th there is no way you're getting him.

    Personally I wouldn't think twice at giving up a 2nd rounder and would consider giving up a first rounder.

    We need a QB desperately if out scouts thing Flynn is a legit starter then you go for it. We need a legit starter and if he's young then even better.....
    No he wouldn't. Flynn was not seen as a good prospect coming out of college at all. You have no idea what you are talking about. He was the 13 QB taken in 08. Behind guys like Erik Ainge, Colt Brennan, and Andre' Woodson. He wouldn't even be the 9th QB in this class much less the 1st.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    I don't think people are undervaluing him. He is a good qb with potential. He has never started and he played one game last year and looked really good. He was beat out by a really good rookie player. a 1st or 2nd for him is stretching it. A 3rd should get it done.

    As for the people mentioning Seattle is looking for a player like Wilson to back up that makes sense. I put Sanchez in there because I'd like to get rid of him. I'm well aware that we'd be lucky to get a football for Sanchez. Just putting it out there. If they would be willing to take him I'd say Sanchez and a 4th would get it done. No Sanchez I think a 3rd would get it done.


    As far as I know, every QB in the draft has never played in the NFL. So which QB in this draft class do you like better than Flynn?? Do you think any QB gets taken in the first 2 rounds??

  16. #16
    I'd give a conditional third that could go as high as a first. Flynn was VERY good in the Seahwaks preseason it was really just that Wilson was truly special and showed that throughout the season (he is the best of the rookie QBs), But I think Flynn could still be a top 10 QB in the NFL. And I love Idzik as GM

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    No he wouldn't. Flynn was not seen as a good prospect coming out of college at all. You have no idea what you are talking about. He was the 13 QB taken in 08. Behind guys like Erik Ainge, Colt Brennan, and Andre' Woodson. He wouldn't even be the 9th QB in this class much less the 1st.
    It isn't 2008 anymore-Flynn value has gone up tremendously since then. Player values change-Sanchez was a first rounder,so what

    The simple fact that he got that contract last offseason shows what GMs think of him.......

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I'd give a conditional third that could go as high as a first. Flynn was VERY good in the Seahwaks preseason it was really just that Wilson was truly special and showed that throughout the season (he is the best of the rookie QBs), But I think Flynn could still be a top 10 QB in the NFL. And I love Idzik as GM
    Finally someone sees the light

  19. #19
    We have no idea if this guy likes Flynn or not. Like the foolish assumption that Pete Carroll would automatically like to get Sanchez.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Ok just a thought. If the Jets hire Idzik I'd think the Jets might be the favorite for Flynn. Not sure what it would take but I'd be happy. Hopefully we don't give up high draft picks to get him. My thought would be Sanchez and a 4th for Flynn. I don't think Seattle would go for it but would love it.

    For the people who think it's a salary cap issue it's not. I'm not a salary cap guy but you look at the numbers:

    Sanchez 8 million for this year then a free agent.

    Flynn 5-6 million for two years.

    Seattle adds 2-3 million and is cleared in year two. We gain 5 million for 2014.

    As I said I like the trade but probably won't happen just wanted to see what others thought.
    You're wrong about the cap numbers. Sanchez dead-money is $8 million if we cut him. If we keep him its $12 million and change. If we trade him Seattle would have to take on a $12 million and change backukp. Why would they do that?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us