Thread: Chip Kelly hired as Eagles head coach

Chip Kelly hired as Eagles head coach

WTF? Hello 180!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    WTF? Hello 180!
    LINK?

@JasonLaCanfora: Can confirm ESPN report that Oregon's Chip Kelly has agreed to coach the Eagles. Wow. That's a stunner. Eagles get their guy in the end.

proves two points

• most media folks are not in the "in"
    • money talks

maybe the Eagles phoned up C.Kelly and BEGGED him to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    proves two points

• most media folks are not in the "in"
    • money talks
    Yep, money had to be a factor. I mean the guy announced he was staying at Oregon, now suddenly he is not?

Wonder if he keeps Vick to implement his offensive system

I despise the Eagles, but this is a great move.

Kelly, if successful on offense, will have a lot of the league expanding when they go for it on fourth down, and probably more "10 second offenses" across the league. Which is good, more plays = more football.

Hell if they play the Pats this year that game will probably break the record for most plays in a game.

Someone needs to start a thread called "Will the Eagles run a gimmick offense?"

wondering if any heavy sanctions headed Oregon's way that Chip found out about.

wasn't it Nike money that was supposedly keeping him at Oregon?

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    This was my feeling as well.

Eagles offensive linemen are going to be doing a lot of running this offseason. You can't run that system with a bunch of fatties up front, they get too tired.

I would think the Eagles would have to keep Vick now.

Would place a call to the Eagles ASAP about getting Nick Foles from them, he won't run a chip Kelly system but looks like a decent QB option.

Plus, you can even pair him with his OC from last year in Mornhinweg or a guy familiar with the Philly offense in Pat Shurmur as OC options to limit a learning curve.

Yes...now Urban Meyer can steal all the Oregon fast recruit commits and add to our recruit class.We are in contention with them for their annual speed guys they get.

Good going, Chip Carroll.

Mark my words, Chip Kelly will be back coaching college ball in 2 years. Bad hire for the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yep, money had to be a factor. I mean the guy announced he was staying at Oregon, now suddenly he is not?

Wonder if he keeps Vick to implement his offensive system
    I actually think money had little to do with it, considering how big phil knights wallet is.

Entirely plausible that Philly didnt like any of the candidates enough, and decided to give kelly more power in the organization or over personnel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Would place a call to the Eagles ASAP about getting Nick Foles from them, he won't run a chip Kelly system but looks like a decent QB option.

Plus, you can even pair him with his OC from last year in Mornhinweg or a guy familiar with the Philly offense in Pat Shurmur as OC options to limit a learning curve.
    No one really knows yet what type of system Kelly is going to run or if he likes Foles, Vick, etc. I wouldn't assume that the Eagles are going to be quick to give up a young QB who played well at times for them last season.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    http://www.kval.com/sports/ESPN-Chip...187139871.html

Oregon could be facing possible NCAA sanctions for the school's use of recruiting services, but Kelly indicated in Arizona that he isn't running from anything.

"We've cooperated fully with them," he said. "If they want to talk to us again, we'll continue to cooperate fully. I feel confident in the situation."