Thread: Khan=Bill Cowher?

Rookie

Khan=Bill Cowher?

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...is-week/53926/

Awesome opinion piece that I did not think of if Khan comes to town and he has one year with Rex, Cowher loves Khan.

http://youtu.be/wRnSnfiUI54
    Last edited by NYDreamer; 01-16-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Why is everyone obsessed with Cowher?? Mediocre coach who got 3x longer to build a SB winner than he would ever get in NY. Plus, a ground and pound guy like him, there's a very good chance the game has passes him by. The Cowher love on here is ridiculous...just because he's a "name" doesn't mean he is the only coach who can win here.

Cowher's been out of the league 7 years. That's a loooong time. I know he's been close to the game, but his coaching style isn't exactly how the game is played these days. Still, he's Bill Cowher, and he could probably bring in any coordinators he wants and bring stability and leadership to a team.

being a Mets fan, the name Omar makes me wince a little. But I've nothing but good things about this guy, I'd have to look more into him to give an honest opinion but I do like what I've heard.

EDIT: Another thing that made me cringe was he's another "cap" guy. I don't mind that but I hope he is better with personnel than Tanny.

Cowher is a legend. A no nonsense,never back down kinda guy, a more polished version of Jim harbaugh. Getting him to come to the jets would be like hitting the lottery

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Why is everyone obsessed with Cowher?? Mediocre coach who got 3x longer to build a SB winner than he would ever get in NY. Plus, a ground and pound guy like him, there's a very good chance the game has passes him by. The Cowher love on here is ridiculous...just because he's a "name" doesn't mean he is the only coach who can win here.
    Mediocre coaches don't have .623 winning percentages in 15 seasons in the NFL. Along with a .571 winning percentage in the playoffs. And 8 division titles in 15 seasons.

That is without a franchise QB for most of the time, once he finally landed one he was able to win a SB within 2 years of having one. If he didn't retire he would have won a couple more SBs.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Mediocre coaches don't have .623 winning percentages in 15 seasons in the NFL. Along with a .571 winning percentage in the playoffs. And 8 division titles in 15 seasons.

That is without a franchise QB for most of the time, once he finally landed one he was able to win a SB within 2 years of having one. If he didn't retire he would have won a couple more SBs.
    + 1million

Not to mention he got to the Super Bowl in his 4th year, made the playoffs his first 6 years in a row (including 5 division championships, 2 AFC Championship appearances and 1 SB appearance) with Neil O'donnel, Bubby Brister, and Kordel Stewert as his QBs, only 3 of his 15 seasons coaching were losing seasons, had 7 seasons of 11 wins or more, a 15-1 season, a total of 4 AFC championship appearances and 2 SB appearances.

Yeah sounds like a mediocre coach to me
    Rex is much better

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    + 1million

Not to mention he got to the Super Bowl in his 4th year, made the playoffs his first 6 years in a row (including 5 division championships, 2 AFC Championship appearances and 1 SB appearance) with Neil O'donnel, Bubby Brister, and Kordel Stewert as his QBs, only 3 of his 15 seasons coaching were losing seasons, had 7 seasons of 11 wins or more, a 15-1 season, a total of 4 AFC championship appearances and 2 SB appearances.

Yeah sounds like a mediocre coach to me
    Rex is much better
    You failed to mention he did it with a below average QB.

He is a solid football mind. No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...is-week/53926/

Awesome opinion piece that I did not think of if Khan comes to town and he has one year with Rex, Cowher loves Khan.

http://youtu.be/wRnSnfiUI54
    I already started a thread with this concept of how Khan can potentially lead to Cowher. I also tied in two former Cowher assistants in Whisenhunt and Grimm.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    I already started a thread with this concept of how Khan can potentially lead to Cowher. I also tied in two former Cowher assistants in Whisenhunt and Grimm.
    Cool! Nice thought with the coordinators as well. If mods need to merge go for it. Interesting thought process

Jets Insider VIP
    Say no to Cowher!!!

Here is a guy who as responsible for netheir the offense nor the defense while he was this great football mind!!!!

The reason why the Steelers didn't have a great QB was because of Cowher!!!

Kordell Stweart anyone??????

Good Grief

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Say no to Cowher!!!

Here is a guy who as responsible for netheir the offense nor the defense while he was this great football mind!!!!

The reason why the Steelers didn't have a great QB was because of Cowher!!!

Kordell Stweart anyone??????

Good Grief
    You need a 5 cent psychiatric session, Chuck.

As far as consistent success goes, Cowher is the guy.

But hey I still think Rex is a good coach so what do I know?

I still very much support Rex Ryan and believe he will get things back on track next season.

With that said, in the event of Rex's demise, I think hiring Bill Cowher would be a great selection. He's a proven winner.

i always liked Coach Cowher and it'd be awesome if he was the coach of the NY Jets.

but you don't hire a GM on the vague hope that he might, someday, be able to lure Cowher out of retirement. maybe.

I don't get the Cowher bashing. It is just bizarre, if not plain stupid. The guy won for almost two decades. If there is even a chance he follows Khan, I hire the guy. That said, Woody loves Rex so he's not letting him get fired after one year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    I don't get the Cowher bashing. It is just bizarre, if not plain stupid. The guy won for almost two decades. If there is even a chance he follows Khan, I hire the guy. That said, Woody loves Rex so he's not letting him get fired after one year.
    Next year would be year 3 of losing records for Rex. I like Rex, but a playoff miss next season, Rex is gone.

AFCCG's lose their luster after a few years, especially when the team is in a nosedive, with crap contracts lingering.

Still, GO JETS!