Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling all Hampur Orthopedic surgeons / Treadmill Fall: The Sequel

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Distal radius fracture.

Yee haw insurance company decided that a cast was good enough.

Herp derp.

They ended up costing themselves 260k.

Had to get it rebroken, cadaver bone put on and screwed and braced for 3 more months.

If they hadn't been cheap from Jump Street, it would have cost them 100k less.

Plus, due to their f*ck up, I can only move my wrist 30% of what uncoils normally....so they had yo pay me an additional 90k.

Real insurers of genius.....

Sent from a phone using an app
    LOL, glad it worked out kind of in your favor. Got to love those idiots. My son was born with a positional clubfoot, needed a booty to correct it. Insurance wouldn't pay for it (only about $400). I told them that if I didn't, he would ahve a permanent club foot that would result in their being on the hook for A LOT more over the course of his life. Friggin' dopes.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    LOL, glad it worked out kind of in your favor. Got to love those idiots. My son was born with a positional clubfoot, needed a booty to correct it. Insurance wouldn't pay for it (only about $400). I told them that if I didn't, he would ahve a permanent club foot that would result in their being on the hook for A LOT more over the course of his life. Friggin' dopes.
    I don't know how more insurance presidents aren't shot.

I get the post office thing, but there should be 100 times more of these.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Two baby Titanium screws and I feel like the f'ing Bionic Man!

That looks like some excellent work.

OMG!

Unbelievable..................hammers on that chick.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I would just let it heal on its own. Of course the doc is recommending surgery, he's got a mortgage too.
    Exactly, I tore my maniscus and they recommended surgery. I went on a long vacation and layed off the racquetball for 1.5 years. Now I play but use knee pads on each knee for prevention.

Nature will do a better job than the pins; however, if I'm wrong don't hold me to it.

Jets Insider VIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    "I used to be a planet, the P in 'Nine Pizzas,' but now I'm just a frozen piece rock watching Uranus get all the credit."

-- Pluto
    " I knew it. I'm surrounded by azzholes!"
    Dark Helmet

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    " I knew it. I'm surrounded by azzholes!"
    Dark Helmet
    lolz!

Just watched that again the other night.

Who made that man a gunner?

I did, sir. He's my cousin.

AFTER:

Veteran

Exclamation

Jetstream if you want to avoid surgery bring in a cadaver hand for your next X-ray. Trust me it works, just don't have the time to get into details.

Jets Insider VIP
    lolz!

Just watched that again the other night.

Who made that man a gunner?

I did, sir. He's my cousin.
    Fn love that movie.

"AHH ....BUCKLE THIS!!! ludicrous speed go!

All League

Anybody ever hear of Bible Warts? or some such thing.

So about a year and a half ago I smacked my finger with a big hammer pretty good, for about the 100th time, at first it was just the typical blood blister, then about 2 months later I noticed a small lump of something different, then it got bigger, and now two years later I am where I am. It's about the size of a pea and is not liquidy, quite firm.

One guy told be it is a bible wart, he says they call them that because when you get them the cure is to slam your finger in an old school huge bible, which would then pop it and make it go away.

So what do you all think? Should I smack it a good one with a hammer again?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post

So about a year and a half ago I smacked my finger with a big hammer pretty good, for about the 100th time, at first it was just the typical blood blister, then about 2 months later I noticed a small lump of something different, then it got bigger, and now two years later I am where I am. It's about the size of a pea and is not liquidy, quite firm.

One guy told be it is a bible wart, he says they call them that because when you get them the cure is to slam your finger in an old school huge bible, which would then pop it and make it go away.

It's more commonly called "Gideon's disease", for the reason you stated, the use of a bible to "cure" it. Truth of the matter is, it's a ganglion cyst and doing that could lead to scarring or damage to the surrounding tissue, to say nothing of a recurrence . Typically they are found in the wrist or back of the hand.

Jets Insider VIP

Definitely. The 101st time will be the charm!

That'll fix everything.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Jetstream if you want to avoid surgery bring in a cadaver hand for your next X-ray. Trust me it works, just don't have the time to get into details.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

It's more commonly called "Gideon's disease", for the reason you stated, the use of a bible to "cure" it. Truth of the matter is, it's a ganglion cyst and doing that could lead to scarring or damage to the surrounding tissue, to say nothing of a recurrence . Typically they are found in the wrist or back of the hand.
    You talk purtier than a twenny dollar whore.

If only you hadn't killed the rat, you could've had it gently gnaw your wart off.

All League
    ================================================

Got it, and thank you.

At first i thought nursing was an odd choice for you, but it seems apparent that you may have the knack.

I looked it up, and I read that I could have it excised, aspirated, or do nothing. All three seem to have the same success rate. So I choose to do nothing because I do not wish to wear a ring on that finger, there is no pain or discomfort, and I can still shoot fine with it also

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Definitely. The 101st time will be the charm!

That'll fix everything.
    ================================================== =====

I just don't pound nails as much as I use to, but I am sure at some point I'll wack it again. Always hurts quite horribly, not sure I have it in me to do it on a purpose. I guess I could if properly motivated.........

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    If only you hadn't killed the rat, you could've had it gently gnaw your wart off.
    =================================================

I don't think I ever mentioned that I put the rat, Cheetoh, sticky trap and all in the chest freezer. Kept it in there for about 3 months till one day I was fishing around in the freezer for something to eat and came across it. I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I decided to freeze it. It's gone now, other then the memories.

Makes me think though, vampire bat, possibly a leach?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You talk purtier than a twenny dollar whore.

LOL, I'ms college edumacated now.

================================================

Got it, and thank you.

At first i thought nursing was an odd choice for you, but it seems apparent that you may have the knack.

I looked it up, and I read that I could have it excised, aspirated, or do nothing. All three seem to have the same success rate. So I choose to do nothing because I do not wish to wear a ring on that finger, there is no pain or discomfort, and I can still shoot fine with it also
    Odd? Given my past profession I guess.

If it isn't bothering you, leaving it alone is certainly a smart choice. But I will say that given its size and location on a knuckle, that it may begin to cause problems. Also, I would still recommend having it looked at by a physician to rule out something more serious.