Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Hampur Orthopedic surgeons / Treadmill Fall: The Sequel

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Calling all Hampur Orthopedic surgeons / Treadmill Fall: The Sequel

Yup, that b***h is definitely broken, b*****s!

Saw the doc and, although he said he was 50/50 on letting it heal or operating, he's recommending surgery. Looks like two fractures and, like an idiot, I put off getting X-rays for almost two weeks.

Even worse, he says, "You'll be fine. We'll have you back and throwing like Tebow in no time!"

I think I'm F'd.

Anesthesia, cut, re-break the finger?...then pins, bolts and other 6 Million Dollar Man parts.

I figured I'd tap the vast wealth of medical expertise here to get some feedback. Afterall, you guys were great with that Lehman Brothers stock recommendation a few years ago, and I hear the marital advice Ragu gets here is really paying off!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say break the other 3 fingers at the same spot...then opt for new joints at the breaks. You would then have super hero GI Joe Kung Fu grip.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOLOLOLLOLSOLOALLALAOSLLZZOLOLOLZA!!!

Sorry, I'm laughing WITH you, not AT you......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn that looks bad.

I wonder what my left pinky and ring finger look like under an x ray.

I definitely broke the **** out of them a couple of months ago playing football, but never went to the doctor. They still dont feel right at all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I would give it a good hard pull, then a splint to hold it straight.

If the results were something I could not live with I figure I could always have the operation later, I mean rebrake and surgery today or in two years, what the dif?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    FAP hand or not?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    FAP hand or not?
    Much like tennis elbow, he has an obviously case of fapper fingers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    FAP hand or not?
    They're all fap hands.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Personally, I would give it a good hard pull, then a splint to hold it straight.

If the results were something I could not live with I figure I could always have the operation later, I mean rebrake and surgery today or in two years, what the dif?
    That was basically the discussion. But I can tell the finger is already a little crooked and it now bulges in a way that I'll never get a ring on it, etc. I'm just going to suck it up and get it done now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just let it heal on its own. Of course the doc is recommending surgery, he's got a mortgage too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I would just let it heal on its own. Of course the doc is recommending surgery, he's got a mortgage too.
    I hear ya, and I thought about that too. It won't be a fun few weeks but at least I'll know that everything is put back together in there. There's another small fracture underneath that can't be seen in the X-ray I shared. Basically, he's going in to put the puzzle pieces back together.

I might just print out responses like yours and gunnails and bring them tomorrow, showing the doctor my trusted sources of advice. Then again, it's like whether you trust your football salary cap information coming from Adam Shefter or some guy on the Pfail Strip.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It will mend into a cockeyed circle if you don't have it repaired. This would be convenient for retrieving your shirts from the cleaners or exploring the mysterious G spot... so perhaps you'd like to leave it as is.

Dr. Jetswin - OB/GYN/ Dry Cleaning Specialty

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    I say break the other 3 fingers at the same spot...then opt for new joints at the breaks. You would then have super hero GI Joe Kung Fu grip.
    This.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    That was basically the discussion. But I can tell the finger is already a little crooked and it now bulges in a way that I'll never get a ring on it, etc. I'm just going to suck it up and get it done now.
    ===========================================

What are you, Mr T, why would you need to wear a ring on your right hand.

And I hear chicks dig the crooked digits.

But yeah, if are paying for the health ins. then you might as well use it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya, and I thought about that too. It won't be a fun few weeks but at least I'll know that everything is put back together in there. There's another small fracture underneath that can't be seen in the X-ray I shared. Basically, he's going in to put the puzzle pieces back together.

I might just print out responses like yours and gunnails and bring them tomorrow, showing the doctor my trusted sources of advice. Then again, it's like whether you trust your football salary cap information coming from Adam Shefter or some guy on the Pfail Strip.
    ================================================== =

LOL, do it!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get why you waiting so long to get your finger checked out. That's a pretty bad break there amigo.

Can anyone define the moral of this story?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    +1 Pins and screws for a finger?

Why not take the conservative approach first? Have your doctor set the break and see how you feel after the necessary healing time. Worse comes to worse, if you're still in pain, you get the surgery later. He'd need to re-break the bone anyway.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    lol

This. No way that mess is healing up correctly on its own. Btw, you are an complete and utter idiot.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I don't get why you waiting so long to get your finger checked out. That's a pretty bad break there amigo.

Can anyone define the moral of this story?
    "To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future."
    --Plutarch

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    "To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future."
    --Plutarch
    "Popeye, I'm gonna beat you like a rented mule, then I'm gonna bang Olive in her ___."

--Bluto