Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official 2013 New York Rangers Thread***

Veteran
    Hagelin isn't doing much either

Played a little better last night, but seems to just carry the puck into the corner and lose it everytime...

Veteran
    Rangers Trade Chad Kolarik to Pens for Benn Ferriero, a RW who my son (a Rangers intern) says is a high energy guy who can skate well, for the lower lines

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    Rangers Trade Chad Kolarik to Pens for Benn Ferriero, a RW who my son (a Rangers intern) says is a high energy guy who can skate well, for the lower lines
    Hmm. Kolarik was lighting it up with the Whale. I was actually expecting him to get a call-up. I'm a little surprised by this move.

Rangers look like **** again

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Hmm. Kolarik was lighting it up with the Whale. I was actually expecting him to get a call-up. I'm a little surprised by this move.
    WTF is he thinking playiing a stiff like Newbury, instead of Kreider, when we're having trouble scoring. He gets destroyed in a fight and draws an extra 2 minutes...what a loser

Veteran
    PP...WTF shoot the puck, they're killing the penalty themselves with all these perimeter passes...

Collapsing defense that let's the opposition control the puck 60% of the time, zero sustained pressure in the offensive zone...no forecheck...disappointing

Jets Insider VIP
    WTF is he thinking playiing a stiff like Newbury, instead of Kreider, when we're having trouble scoring. He gets destroyed in a fight and draws an extra 2 minutes...what a loser
    The only reasons I can think he sat Kreider was perhaps he was still feeling the effects of that Orpik hit. It was pretty nasty. And/or he wanted Kreider to sit for a game and collect his thoughts. The kid hasn't played well. He even wasn't playing that well from what I heard in Connecticut either.

But you're right, I don't understand the love for Newbury. This guy gets called up a few times a year and he totally sucks at the NHL level. Again, I really wanted to see what Kolarik had. That ship has sailed...

PP...WTF shoot the puck, they're killing the penalty themselves with all these perimeter passes...

Collapsing defense that let's the opposition control the puck 60% of the time, zero sustained pressure in the offensive zone...no forecheck...disappointing
    This team is completely rusty. I agree. They're not pressuring the entry into their zone. I also am feeling they're playing small. Nash is a great physical presence in that he's not easy to knock off the puck and he can throw the body but everyone else seems to be playing soft. They're missing the Prust and Dubinsky physicality and Callahan doesn't seem to be throwing his body around like he normally does. I'm all for Sather making a deal for Stepan. Get some size and speed on the wings and maybe move Kreider to center. I believe he played there in college. Stepan is definitely not for me. Rupp is a waste. Pyatt is playing well for the most part.

Veteran
    The only reasons I can think he sat Kreider was perhaps he was still feeling the effects of that Orpik hit. It was pretty nasty. And/or he wanted Kreider to sit for a game and collect his thoughts. The kid hasn't played well. He even wasn't playing that well from what I heard in Connecticut either.

But you're right, I don't understand the love for Newbury. This guy gets called up a few times a year and he totally sucks at the NHL level. Again, I really wanted to see what Kolarik had. That ship has sailed...

This team is completely rusty. I agree. They're not pressuring the entry into their zone. I also am feeling they're playing small. Nash is a great physical presence in that he's not easy to knock off the puck and he can throw the body but everyone else seems to be playing soft. They're missing the Prust and Dubinsky physicality and Callahan doesn't seem to be throwing his body around like he normally does. I'm all for Sather making a deal for Stepan. Get some size and speed on the wings and maybe move Kreider to center. I believe he played there in college. Stepan is definitely not for me. Rupp is a waste. Pyatt is playing well for the most part.
    Newbury for Kreider is just stupid and my favorite word to describe Torts stubborn, Steps and Hags have been horrible, Pyatt has been a pleasant surprise, Cally has struggled but still contributes with blocked shots and responsible defense, Rupp is horrible and he had him on the 3rd line, which left us essentially with a 2 line game...need to force the play more, forecheck and pin the other team in their zone, like everybody does to us, control the pace of the game and use your size...

Veteran
    And/or he wanted Kreider to sit for a game and collect his thoughts
    This is what I believe, but by losing a skill player for a so called fighter (punching bag) he left us with a 2 line game...

Veteran
    Well at least Bickel punched the **** out of Sestito...again

Jets Insider VIP

Jason Arnott

Rangers signed Jason Arnott to a 1 year deal.

Hopefully, he kicks Stepan down to the 3rd line.

All Pro
    Kreider has an injury - ankle (bone chips)

Ferriero and Hagelin both minus - wont be surprised to see both or either in the minors

On the plus side Gaborik looks great.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-27-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Kreider has an injury - ankle (bone chips)

Ferriero and Hagelin both minus - wont be surprised to see both or either in the minors

On the plus side Gaborik looks great.
    I don't know if you watched the game or not but Ferriero played very well.

Matt Robinson's son was right. High energy. Good skater. He gets to the corners quickly and battles.

Arnott deal is off. Failed the physical

Matt Robinson's son was right. High energy. Good skater. He gets to the corners quickly and battles.
    Supposedly he starts most his stints this way and then tapers off after a couple games. Hopefully torts gets this kid to continue to play at this level

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    Arnott deal is off. Failed the physical
    That sucks. He would have been a nice addition. I didn't know he had off-season knee surgery.

I wouldn't mind seeing them signing a guy like Dominic Moore. Provided he's able to play with a clear head. His wife just passed away earlier this month.

He could be a good depth player.

Blair Betts is also a FA.

Both those guys are good on faceoffs and good on the PK. Two areas where we need help.
    Last edited by Jordy; 01-27-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Veteran

I thought he played well with Cally and Hags, rather see him stay up and get rid of Asham
    Last edited by matt robinson 17; 01-28-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Veteran
    That sucks. He would have been a nice addition. I didn't know he had off-season knee surgery.

I wouldn't mind seeing them signing a guy like Dominic Moore. Provided he's able to play with a clear head. His wife just passed away earlier this month.

He could be a good depth player.

Blair Betts is also a FA.

Both those guys are good on faceoffs and good on the PK. Two areas where we need help.
    My son said they were trying to get Dominic Moore last week, but his wife passed away, he said he wants to return to NY, but unsure about playing this season...

Jets Insider VIP
    My son said they were trying to get Dominic Moore last week, but his wife passed away, he said he wants to return to NY, but unsure about playing this season...
    I think he's the best FA option out there right now to provide depth at center, take faceoffs and PK.

I can't even imagine losing my wife, especially at such a young age. Everyone handles grief differently. It's possible that getting back on the ice and competing helps him take his mind off his loss, at least for the moment. But of course, it's easy for me to say. I've never lost a spouse in that manner. I really feel bad for the guy.

Veteran
    I think he's the best FA option out there right now to provide depth at center, take faceoffs and PK.

I can't even imagine losing my wife, especially at such a young age. Everyone handles grief differently. It's possible that getting back on the ice and competing helps him take his mind off his loss, at least for the moment. But of course, it's easy for me to say. I've never lost a spouse in that manner. I really feel bad for the guy.
    Dominic is a well respected player around the league, sort of Cally-ish, tenascious forechecker, penalty killer and big game goal scorer, I'd take him in a second...Jordy what about PK Subban?