Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official 2013 New York Rangers Thread***

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a random (and probably obvious) observation on the Rangers....they seem to constantly be just one player/aspect short. Prior to their trade deadline deals, they really lacked grit - the grit they had last year with Dubinsky, Prust and Anismov. They went out and got Clowe and the Columbus boys and seemed to really energize their team. Now, it seems like the one thing they are lacking is exactly what they gave up - a sniper like Gaborik. I'm not saying it wasn't a good trade (Gaborik was not producing and was as soft as feathers) - it was, but with their elite goaltender, extremely solid D-corp (especially if they get Staal back), they really just need a sniper to fill out this team.

Don't mean to get ahead to far as I know you guys are in the heat of the playoffs, but the Patrick Divsion Redux next year is going to be brutal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Just a random (and probably obvious) observation on the Rangers....they seem to constantly be just one player/aspect short. Prior to their trade deadline deals, they really lacked grit - the grit they had last year with Dubinsky, Prust and Anismov. They went out and got Clowe and the Columbus boys and seemed to really energize their team. Now, it seems like the one thing they are lacking is exactly what they gave up - a sniper like Gaborik. I'm not saying it wasn't a good trade (Gaborik was not producing and was as soft as feathers) - it was, but with their elite goaltender, extremely solid D-corp (especially if they get Staal back), they really just need a sniper to fill out this team.

Don't mean to get ahead to far as I know you guys are in the heat of the playoffs, but the Patrick Divsion Redux next year is going to be brutal.
    PP formula for failure, lose every faceoff, opposing team clears, can't regain zone for 40 seconds, enter zone perimeter passing for 50 seconds, one bad angle shot and PP is over

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any day now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    PP formula for failure, lose every faceoff, opposing team clears, can't regain zone for 40 seconds, enter zone perimeter passing for 50 seconds, one bad angle shot and PP is over
    LMAO. Spot on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    LMAO. Spot on.
    PP will be the death of us, all this talent and the worst P P I have ever seen...yuck...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    PP will be the death of us, all this talent and the worst P P I have ever seen...yuck...
    Totally agree. You can't have this bad of a PP and go deep in the playoffs. You need to take advnatage of your oppurtunities and this team is failing to do that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree. You can't have this bad of a PP and go deep in the playoffs. You need to take advnatage of your oppurtunities and this team is failing to do that.
    Offensively challenged teams like these should feed off their PP, ours is useless, might as well decline the penalty

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    That overtime was horrific. 16 shots allowed (not including 2 that hit the posts) in 15 minutes, not to mention numerous chances for Boston was borderline embarrassing.
    Im hoping the Rangers get the next one in Boston. The only player on Bostons team I like is Tuuka Rask. The others I hold in that "fahq Boston" regard. They need to play with more urgency.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bruins PP was just as bad two years ago when they won the cup. Not ideal, obviously, but still do-able. Having a great goalie like the Bruins did then and the Rangers do now helps.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Im hoping the Rangers get the next one in Boston. The only player on Bostons team I like is Tuuka Rask. The others I hold in that "fahq Boston" regard. They need to play with more urgency.
    It's
    Tuukka.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys might get some replies if the Rangers win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are them DevilDogs doing at the golf course?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    How are them DevilDogs doing at the golf course?
    Gonna be a ****load of divots for the Rangers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    More wins, playoff games and 5 million more NY Metro Area hockey fans than the Newark Devil Dogs though...

I hear the NHL is considering moving them back to Kansas City where they had a larger fan base...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    More wins, playoff games and 5 million more NY Metro Area hockey fans than the Newark Devil Dogs though...

I hear the NHL is considering moving them back to Kansas City where they had a larger fan base...
    They can do whatever they want, I got 3 in 30. Remember this game? My uncle had Ranger tix my cousin and I were at that game wearing Bruin sweaters ya know, Cheevers and all, we loved that mask. We both wound up being hockey goalies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ef1YVXM9IU

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    It's
    Tuukka.
    That's MR. Rask to you, Bub!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    What is Richards doing on the point on the PP? Why not have McDonough out there?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is Richards doing on the point on the PP? Why not have McDonough out there?
    Fonzi says He stinks too?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Midget hockey teams have better PP than this, Richards is hot garbage, JT Miller couldn't do any worse, he hurt his wrist anyway
    Last edited by matt robinson 17; 05-20-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    They can do whatever they want, I got 3 in 30. Remember this game? My uncle had Ranger tix my cousin and I were at that game wearing Bruin sweaters ya know, Cheevers and all, we loved that mask. We both wound up being hockey goalies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ef1YVXM9IU
    No Devs hate here by the way, I wish we won those 3 Cups, that will probably take us 400 years, by the way Milbury was always a retard...