Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 299

Thread: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax??

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    He could be the victim, definitely.

    But the fact that he was 100 percent innocent; at the very least he lied about the extent of their relationship, is utterly ridiculous.

    As said before, the most likely scenario in my mind at this time is that he was initially tricked, found out about it, and then faked her death to avoid the harassment of a internet fake girlfriend, and at the same time cash in on some publicity and motivation.
    Have you never embelished a story? this is what happened, if he came out and told everyone he never met her in person after talking on the internet for a few years people would think he's crazy, so he says he met her. He's a young kid who got major played and now he looks like a fool.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    +1

    Claiming you consider someone your girlfriend for three years, and never once touch them. When you're both (supposedly) fully functional adults, free to transverse the distance between you, is completely unbelievable. People make time to go see family they don't like more often than that.

    You'll never convince me that he wasn't at some point complicit in the hoax/coverup. My suspicion is by the time he figured out his girlfriend wasn't real he was too embarrassed to do anything but perpetuate the hoax.
    What's he gonna say after he finds out he was played? after she already passed? he's gonna try to hide it of course, who wouldn't.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Have you never embelished a story? this is what happened, if he came out and told everyone he never met her in person after talking on the internet for a few years people would think he's crazy, so he says he met her. He's a young kid who got major played and now he looks like a fool.
    Have you ever pretended someone was dead to avoid embarrassment?

    I can understand going with "Her? Oh.. yeah, we broke up." instead of "Turns out my GF was fake." Got it, embellishment to avoid embarrassment. No real harm done.

    This dude spoke about details at the fake funeral for his fake girlfriend! That's a bit much to chalk up to standard college aged immaturity.

  4. #224
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,676
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Have you never embelished a story? this is what happened, if he came out and told everyone he never met her in person after talking on the internet for a few years people would think he's crazy, so he says he met her. He's a young kid who got major played and now he looks like a fool.
    Sorry, I just can't buy that.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    What's he gonna say after he finds out he was played? after she already passed? he's gonna try to hide it of course, who wouldn't.
    I'm saying there's no way he found out after she "passed". There's no possible way he believed he was dating this girl he'd never seen for Three Years!

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Sorry, I just can't buy that.
    Would you ever admit you never met your girlfriend?

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    I'm saying there's no way he found out after she "passed". There's no possible way he believed he was dating this girl he'd never seen for Three Years!
    I'm sure he found out around that time but once it went public what can he do that wouldn't make him look crazy.

    He was in a emotionally state after his grandmother passed, Idk

  8. #228
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,676
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Would you ever admit you never met your girlfriend?
    No, but I also wouldnt go on ESPN telling the whole world how madly in love I was with her.

    At the bare minimum, Te'o is a sincerely insincere individual who messed with everyone's emotions by conducting those interviews. A normal person wouldn't talk to the whole world about someone like that, when in fact they had never met that individual.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    I'm sure he found out around that time but once it went public what can he do that wouldn't make him look crazy.

    He was in a emotionally state after his grandmother passed, Idk
    And that's where our disconnect is. I hope he found out earlier. Because if he went over a year without realizing his GF was fake, he's far more mentally unstable than someone who could make all this up to begin with.

    Hey, and understand the perspective i'm coming from. I have no issue with relationships starting online, or even being maintained primarily online. I met my wife online. We've been happily married for quite some time now. Still i cannot fathom years passing without having seen her in person.

  10. #230
    My opinion on this is that Teo is a liar but he will not admit it. It is also possible (about 50%) that he is a homosexual which he will never admit. He is also an attention whore and I hope the Jets stay away from him. Chances are his stock will drop because he is a mental case.

  11. #231
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,854
    Ha

    What a mook

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    And that's where our disconnect is. I hope he found out earlier. Because if he went over a year without realizing his GF was fake, he's far more mentally unstable than someone who could make all this up to begin with.

    Hey, and understand the perspective i'm coming from. I have no issue with relationships starting online, or even being maintained primarily online. I met my wife online. We've been happily married for quite some time now. Still i cannot fathom years passing without having seen her in person.
    I pulled a prank on my friend in the past never to this extent, and never to hurt him, but you can be anyone on the internet and add in a guilible/naive person and anything can happen. I don't know what kind of person he is, but I just can't dismiss that this happens.

  13. #233
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,676
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    I pulled a prank on my friend in the past never to this extent, and never to hurt him, but you can be anyone on the internet and add in a guilible/naive person and anything can happen. I don't know what kind of person he is, but I just can't dismiss that this happens.
    Right, I don't think anyone is 100 percent discounting that he wasn't probably tricked, at least initially.

    What is fuzzy, and leads to discussion is how long was he tricked, how long did it go on, how could he not know, why he would act like he did about a solely online relationship, etc.

    Thats what makes him reek of some sort of guilt here.

  14. #234
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Stephen A Smith right on the money at least.
    If it was a black guy, SAS would be telling everyone to leave the poor kid alone.

  15. #235
    @SportsCenter: NEW DEVELOPMENT - Former ND teammate tells ESPN's Bob Holtzman that many players knew Lennay Kekua wasn't really Manti Te'o's girlfriend.

  16. #236
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    If it was a black guy, SAS would be telling everyone to leave the poor kid alone.
    Also true.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Right, I don't think anyone is 100 percent discounting that he wasn't probably tricked, at least initially.

    What is fuzzy, and leads to discussion is how long was he tricked, how long did it go on, how could he not know, why he would act like he did about a solely online relationship, etc.

    Thats what makes him reek of some sort of guilt here.
    I'm not saying he's sane, lol. How long was she in the press before she died? Cause I think they can trace contact back to 2009, and all of a sudden they introduce this car accident and leukemia? thats a long con, if he knew at that point.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    @SportsCenter: NEW DEVELOPMENT - Former ND teammate tells ESPN's Bob Holtzman that many players knew Lennay Kekua wasn't really Manti Te'o's girlfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Manti Te'o went along...embellished...encouraged...however you want to word it. Ride this fake girl friend's tragic death story...to boost his Heisman ambitions. And here's ...


    A Notre Dame Student’s Take On Manti Teo’s “Dead Girlfriend” Hoax

    Tyler Moorehead - ND Campus Rep


    http://collegespun.com/big-east/notr...x#.UPhSfjUx2P_



    Partial Excerpts...
    Yeah this seems like the most likely explanation. Manti was duped and overstated how important the relationship was for his Heisman campaign, which means he made up details (met her in hawaii, etc)

  19. #239
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,810
    He absolutley used the fake death of his "girlfriend" to garner sympathy/attention/Heisman momentum. I don't know how anyone can dispute that.

    He sat across from interviewers and told them about the flowers he sent to her funeral. Where did he send these white roses exactly? He's obviously been lying (he claimed he met her after a ND/Stanford game, which clearly didn't happen) so he has no credibility at any point.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    He absolutley used the fake death of his "girlfriend" to garner sympathy/attention/Heisman momentum. I don't know how anyone can dispute that.

    He sat across from interviewers and told them about the flowers he sent to her funeral. Where did he send these white roses exactly? He's obviously been lying (he claimed he met her after a ND/Stanford game, which clearly didn't happen) so he has no credibility at any point.
    He also said she's visited him in Hawaii multiple times. What a fraud.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us