Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I really can't imagine that . . .
    Idk, he was top-10, top-5 before this. Any GM sitting in the bottom third of the first round would get huge value for him.

Also this seems more cunning than pahtological or delusional, guy wanted publicity, and it backfired immensely. He's 21, in the spotlight, etc. Not making excuses (it's absurdly creepy), but if we had a late first, or if he was around in the 2nd, I wouldn't think twice about taking him.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is literally tripping over feet right now to trade up and draft him. Says he would be "Perfect Jet".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Idk, he was top-10, top-5 before this. Any GM sitting in the bottom third of the first round would get huge value for him.

Also this seems more cunning than pahtological or delusional, guy wanted publicity, and it backfired immensely. He's 21, in the spotlight, etc. Not making excuses (it's absurdly creepy), but if we had a late first, or if he was around in the 2nd, I wouldn't think twice about taking him.
    I would think between the awful performance against Bama and this story (that raises major character concerns), his draft stock has to be plummeting

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    21 year olds do this stuff. I mean, they have a whole show about it, don't they? That Catfish show (and also a movie of the same name). Just that the top defensive college player in the country, who is in the spotlight always with an NFL future right around the corner, should use a little more sense. Obviously I am not buying ND's statement he wasn't involved.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He responded, LMAO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    21 year olds do this stuff. I mean, they have a whole show about it, don't they? That Catfish show (and also a movie of the same name). Just that the top defensive college player in the country, who is in the spotlight always with an NFL future right around the corner, should use a little more sense. Obviously I am not buying ND's statement he wasn't involved.
    Dunno, I'm 20 and I've never done some ish like that. That's just...weird.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    His response:

This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."
    YOUR FATHER SAID SHE VISITED YOU

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Dunno, I'm 20 and I've never done some ish like that. That's just...weird.
    These days with the Ashton kutchers and the mtvs and the bath salts I don't know what these college kids are up to anymore

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    His response:

and he said he met her

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
    and he said he met her
    Exactly, his statement is complete nonsense. He was not the victim of anything, he was in on it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw his interview from October on ESPN. When talking about his "girlfriend" he kept looking up to his left. That is a sign that someone is lying.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Just saw his interview from October on ESPN. When talking about his "girlfriend" he kept looking up to his left. That is a sign that someone is lying.
    he was totally making **** up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    **** is too funny. Wonder where he ends up :/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really feel sad. What the phuck is this world coming to?

I don't see how any team can draft him. He needs to be fully analyzed by mental health professionals. He either is in poor mental health or has very poor character.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    teos gf a real doll.

LMAO....from everthing that is surfacing about this fake girlfriend story, it sounds like Te'o needs a psyche evaluation.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 01-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I really feel sad. What the phuck is this world coming to?

I don't see how any team can draft him. He needs to be fully analyzed by mental health professionals. He either is in poor mental health or has very poor character.
    I never really focused on his face, but during the ESPN interview..he looks kind of insane.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    These days with the Ashton kutchers and the mtvs and the bath salts I don't know what these college kids are up to anymore
    See, that's why I take the old school approach; I just drink by myself and fall asleep. You know how much bs that keeps me out of?
    His response:

I SENSE LIES WITHIN UNTRUTHS!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
    Rex is literally tripping over feet right now to trade up and draft him. Says he would be "Perfect Jet".
    Literally?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    See, that's why I take the old school approach; I just drink by myself and fall asleep. You know how much bs that keeps me out of?
    it's been over a decade since my 21 days, but the day I learned I can drink alone, have a blast and stay out of trouble, I signed up too. good times.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has to address this....right?
    We should trade up to get this guy....right?