Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax??

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    An article in today's NYT shows that even after the date he learned of the hoax, he continued to keep the story of his *dead girlfriend* in play. Check out the first 3 paragraphs:

"On Dec. 6, Notre Dame officials said, Manti Te’o received an alarming phone call: his dead girlfriend, whose loss had inspired him during what had become a triumphant year for the Fighting Irish, might still be alive. Either that or Te’o, a gifted linebacker with a reputation for trusting others, had been the victim of a hoax, and the woman he thought he had come to know online and through long, emotional phone calls had never really existed.

"Te’o, a Notre Dame official said this week, was badly shaken by the call.

"Nonetheless, two days later, on Dec. 8 at the Heisman Trophy ceremony, Te’o was asked about his most unforgettable moment of the season. Te’o, clearly aware of questions surrounding his girlfriend’s death, responded with little hesitation: the memory he would never forget from the 2012 season was the moment he learned his girlfriend was dead".

Think about it. He could have answered that question in any number of ways, yet chose to mention the girlfriend, even when he knew it was all a hoax.

full article linked below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/18/sp...ef=sports&_r=0
    Well he could be telling the truth there, lol, he really did think his girlfriend died and it prolly was his most unforgettable moment of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Well he could be telling the truth there, lol, he really did think his girlfriend died and it prolly was his most unforgettable moment of the season.
    ummm...no.

@adbrandt: RT @schadjoe: woman tells ESPNs Shelley Smith that man confessed to orchestrating Te'o hoax & that Te'o didn't know..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @adbrandt: RT @schadjoe: woman tells ESPNs Shelley Smith that man confessed to orchestrating Te'o hoax & that Te'o didn't know..
    No doubt that they are going to pin this ALL on that Tuiassopa guy.

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel
    Manti Te'o tells ESPN he lied to father about meeting Lennay Kekua. Brian Te'o then told reporters they'd met and it spiraled from there

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel
    Te'o told ESPN he tried to speak with Kekua via Skype and Facetime, but person at other end of the line was in a "black box" and wasn't seen

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Unreal MT @slmandel WHOA. Schaap: Te'o was not fully convinced the girl didn't exist until TWO DAYS AGO, when Tuiasasopo apologized.

This story is just sad.

Practice Squad
    This is just BS he's spewing to claim he's innocent and not hurt his draft stock. Tuiassopo will take all the blame and then get a nice check from Te'o when he signs his NFL contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    This is just BS he's spewing to claim he's innocent and not hurt his draft stock. Tuiassopo will take all the blame and then get a nice check from Te'o when he signs his NFL contract.
    I'm as cynical as anyone, but he's telling the truth. He really was that naive. I actually feel bad for him. About as humiliating as anything I've ever heard. The facts all back him at this point.

I want someone to hand Te'o a pen and confirm whether or not he's capable of writing his own name.

He's stupid and pathetic. How is he going to be able to command any respect in the locker room or on the field?

"Hey, man, you didn't set the edge on that last run."

"Sorry, I was too busty fake ****ing your fake, dead girlfriend. What was that you just said?"

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I want someone to hand Te'o a pen and confirm whether or not he's capable of writing his own name.

He's stupid and pathetic. How is he going to be able to command any respect in the locker room or on the field?

"Hey, man, you didn't set the edge on that last run."

"Sorry, I was too busty fake ****ing your fake, dead girlfriend. What was that you just said?"
    That's just silly. IF he plays well in his rookie season then people may make fun for a bit, but frankly talent outweighs everything else..

Manti Te'o has told family and friends that the woman who was the voice of his fictitious girlfriend "Lennay Kekua" called him in December and said she had to fake her own death months earlier to elude drug dealers, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser has learned.

The woman, who has yet to be identified, tried to re-engage a relationship with Te‘o months after she supposedly had died of leukemia in early September, the Notre Dame All-American linebacker has told the people close to him. The account was shared with the Star-Advertiser by a source close to the Te‘o family.

According to the account, Te'o asked the woman to transmit a photo to him with a date stamp, which she did, but this did not allay his suspicions and he later told his family and Notre Dame officials about being scammed.
    http://deadspin.com/5977243/newspape...e-drug-dealers

Just when you thought this couldn't get weirder...

Several questions have arisen with all this new information:

1. So Manti goes to the ND people and tells them that he has been scammed. Yet, up until TWO days ago, he still thought the girl existed?

2. I can understand why a person would play a joke on someone, but to make it go on for two years blows my mind.

3. Easiest one to ask and probably to figure but I'll ask it. Why did Manti lie to his parents about meeting this person?

4. In the Schapp interview, this came out:

"A group of people, including a woman claiming to be Kekua, showed up at the team hotel for the Discover BCS National Championship Game in Miami. Te'o said he knew they were at the hotel because the group took photos in the lobby of the hotel. Te'o said it affected his play in the game, where Notre Dame lost to Alabama 42-14"

WHAT?

And 5.

"Schaap asked why Te'o didn't go to see Kekua in the hospital.

"It never really crossed my mind. I don't know. I was in school," he said."

That is bull****. You are in love with this girl. You go see her in the hospital.

So far, either Manti Teo is one of the most gullible, socially inept people that I have ever seen, or there's more to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    "A group of people, including a woman claiming to be Kekua, showed up at the team hotel for the Discover BCS National Championship Game in Miami. Te'o said he knew they were at the hotel because the group took photos in the lobby of the hotel. Te'o said it affected his play in the game, where Notre Dame lost to Alabama 42-14"

WHAT?

And 5.

That is bull****. You are in love with this girl. You go see her in the hospital.

So far, either Manti Teo is one of the most gullible, socially inept people that I have ever seen, or there's more to this.

Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I'm as cynical as anyone, but he's telling the truth. He really was that naive. I actually feel bad for him. About as humiliating as anything I've ever heard. The facts all back him at this point.
    +1

The guy is just gullible and naive...and probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

Emotions blind a lot of people to what they don't want to see or believe. To him she was probably too good to be true (and obviously was)!

Veteran
    They never started "dating" until after her accident.
    That's what brought them closer.
    When she was in a coma he wasn't in love with her yet.
    Would you travel across the country to see someone you hadn't met?
    They talked on Facebook for a couple years, but didn't actually start dating until April 12.

He told ND about the call on the 6th, but he still thought she existed.
    He thought she was scamming him, not some dude.

As far as why he lied to his parents, would you want anyone to know that your "gf" was some e-chick? Guy was probably embarrassed.

Thank you, that does wrap up most of it.
    Except for the story of the girl claiming to be his girlfriend at the NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Just when you thought this couldn't get weirder...

Several questions have arisen with all this new information:

1. So Manti goes to the ND people and tells them that he has been scammed. Yet, up until TWO days ago, he still thought the girl existed?

2. I can understand why a person would play a joke on someone, but to make it go on for two years blows my mind.

3. Easiest one to ask and probably to figure but I'll ask it. Why did Manti lie to his parents about meeting this person?

4. In the Schapp interview, this came out:

WHAT?

And 5.

Damage control isn't that easy to smoothly accomplish. You have to keep spinning it until you create a dizzy spell that gives everyone a headache.

As I posted here the previous two days...Tyler Morehead, ND Campus Rep, pointed out in his article, that Te'os teammates, and many students on the campus, knew Lennay Kekua was not his real girlfriend. knew he was having relationships with other women on campus. But when the media put a microphone in his face...Te'o would call Lennay, "the love of his life." And his teammates would just roll their eyes and shake their heads.

Go figure!