Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax??

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    honestly, at this point, his best explanation would be to claim he's gay - even if he's not - and say that he was embarrassed, did a dumb thing, and tried to hide it.

That would be better than the likely alternatives - even the one scenario where he truly wasn't in on the hoax. That would just show that he is laughably dumb.

I can only imagine the interviews at the combine "Manti....you realize that there will be times that the QB pretends to hand the ball off to the RB. You realize that just because it LOOKS like a handoff, doesn't always mean that the RB is actually getting the ball. You realize that, right?"
    Thinking he very well could be covering up the gay thing... Lets see, MLB @ Notre Dame, heisman finalist and 21 years old... Put me in that position there would be 100's of chicks that I can bring forward...

Best he can produce is a modern day pen pal..... poor kid....

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Thinking he very well could be covering up the gay thing... Lets see, MLB @ Notre Dame, heisman finalist and 21 years old... Put me in that position there would be 100's of chicks that I can bring forward...

Best he can produce is a modern day pen pal..... poor kid....
    It's more likely that he was/is banging 100s of random chicks at ND and not committing to any of them. Meanwhile, he decided that a steady GF that died would make a better story for the heisman voters. (or he was duped..or he is gay).

ESPN's coverage of this has been a disgrace. It is not highlighted on their front page, and if you go to their college football page, there hasn't been one column on it by any of their numerous college football writers other than just the AP article.

WHAT A JOKE

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    ESPN's coverage of this has been a disgrace. It is not highlighted on their front page, and if you go to their college football page, there hasn't been one column on it by any of their numerous college football writers other than just the AP article.

WHAT A JOKE
    Its mind boggling.

There is ONE story on it on their website.

Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

WHAT A JOKE
    Not sure why ESPN should be covering it at all.

It's more of a TMZ type story than an actual Sports Story tbqh.

The wild Grassy Knoll-style speculation is pretty funny though. Story probably boils down to a dude embarassed cause he was online dating while in college (fail) and got totally rick-rolled by one of the hundreds of thousands of trolls, fakes and other hilarity that goes on on those sites. The other forum I chill at has a multi-hundred page ongoing thread on online dating, both doing it, and trolling other people who do it with fake accounts, fake replies, etc, etc, etc.

Like I said, TMZ material.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Not sure why ESPN should be covering it at all.

It's more of a TMZ type story than an actual Sports Story tbqh.

The wild Grassy Knoll-style speculation is pretty funny though. Story probably boils down to a dude embarassed cause he was online dating while in college (fail) and got totally rick-rolled by one of the hundreds of thousands of trolls, fakes and other hilarity that goes on on those sites. The other forum I chill at has a multi-hundred page ongoing thread on online dating, both doing it, and trolling other people who do it with fake accounts, fake replies, etc, etc, etc.

Like I said, TMZ material.
    LOL This post fish, just LOL

ESPN created this whole thing in the first place with all the interviews, specials, etc.

Now that they look like idiots they shouldn't cover it because it is TMZish???

They acted all TMZish by creating it in the first place.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    Congratulations to Tom Scocca and Timothy Burke of @Deadspin for exposing the Manti Teo fiasco.

Deadspin @Deadspin
    @realDonaldTrump Go **** yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Just be glad it wasn't a Jet...

Jets Insider VIP
    Stephen A Smith right on the money at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Stephen A Smith right on the money at least.
    What did SAS have to say?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What did SAS have to say?
    Just isn't buying his story at all, doesn't buy how he wouldn't go see her after the car accident, chemo therapy, funeral etc.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

LOL This post fish, just LOL

ESPN created this whole thing in the first place with all the interviews, specials, etc.

Now that they look like idiots they shouldn't cover it because it is TMZish???

They acted all TMZish by creating it in the first place.
    I dunno - I haven't been over there today but I was watching the ESPN coverage last night and they were all over it. The ticker was non stop Manti and the corner of the screen was "BREAKING NEWS....Manti's girlfriend not real!"

Just isn't buying his story at all, doesn't buy how he wouldn't go see her after the car accident, chemo therapy, funeral etc.
    Word. I'm still on the "he's gay and tried to hide it" bandwagon.

Exactly, there's too many holes for anyone to believe fully what Te'o is selling. Not to mention, go back to the guy's prior on record comments about her and the relationship. He clearly lied about it, the only question is the level of deception involved

Its mind boggling.

There is ONE story on it on their website.

Ridiculous.
    Why? Because their precious narrative has blown up in their face.

I don't have anything against Teo, but ESPN wants to market certain players and sports figures in a certain way. Teo's an All-American hero.

This would be as humiliating as finding out that lo and behold, Woody Johnson's handling of the GM search was stellar and professional and not a clusterf*ck.

Looks to me that he may have been fooled/catfished initially and then stuck with the story to avoid humiliation:

http://everyfacetofthegame.blogspot....catfished.html

People knew the account was fake and that Teo was being tricked.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 01-17-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I dunno - I haven't been over there today but I was watching the ESPN coverage last night and they were all over it. The ticker was non stop Manti and the corner of the screen was "BREAKING NEWS....Manti's girlfriend not real!"
    Right but they are playing it like he is 100 percent the victim, which is a rather ridiculous/naive angle to take.

Indeed, their radio coverage was all over it this morning too, MIke & Mike was wall-to-wall Teo.

And I don't disagree Ruby, ESPN did help create the story (albeit a puff piece), and ESPN is as much TMZ these days as Sports Reporting.

Unless it's a Patriot. Or Big Ben Rothlisraper. Or select others they protect.

In other ESPN News, I hear Stewart Scott has cancer again. That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Looks to me that he may have been fooled/catfished initially and then stuck with the story to avoid humiliation:
    That would be my bet.

After all, you guys do realize that I'm not real, right? You can't all have been fooled....can you?
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-17-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Indeed, their radio coverage was all over it this morning too, MIke & Mike was wall-to-wall Teo.

And I don't disagree Ruby, ESPN did help create the story (albeit a puff piece), and ESPN is as much TMZ these days as Sports Reporting.

Unless it's a Patriot. Or Big Ben Rothlisraper. Or select others they protect.

In other ESPN News, I hear Stewart Scott has cancer again. That sucks.

That would be my bet.

After all, you guys do realize that I'm not real, right? You can't all have been fooled....can you?
    I didn't know Scott ever had cancer. Now I feel slightly bad for loathing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I didn't know Scott ever had cancer. Now I feel slightly bad for loathing him.
    This will be his third go-round.

I never liked his style per se, but I don't wish anything ill on him. He is (so I've heard) one of "us" after all, a Jets Fan.

This will be his third go-round.

I never liked his style per se, but I don't wish anything ill on him. He is (so I've heard) one of "us" after all, a Jets Fan.
    Scott seems like one of the most "down to earth" guys on ESPN. Wish him well so that he can beat this again.