Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Looking like GM to be selected within 24 hours

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking like GM to be selected within 24 hours

I'm predicting Kahn will get the nod. I think he has the best track record of the supposed finalists. Even though I have have very little faith in Woody making the right choice, and I still think Woody's knee jerk reaction would've been Cohen, I think with input from the headhunters he'll select Kahn.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    I'm predicting Kahn will get the nod. I think he has the best track record of the supposed finalists. Even though I have have very little faith in Woody making the right choice, and I still think Woody's knee jerk reaction would've been Cohen, I think with input from the headhunters he'll select Kahn.
    Idzik should get it in my view. Khan is Tanny 2.0

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Idzik should get it in my view. Khan is Tanny 2.0
    Khan is not even close to being Tanny 2.0

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be happy with either one. Both seem to be quality execs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOw iis it 'looking' like that? Is there some report or tweet you're not sharing?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all due respect so some of our posters...

None of us have any idea who the best candidate is...We are no in this back rooms and watching what is going on or what type of impact they have had on their current organization. We look at the organization they are coming from and hope for Seahawks or Steelers 2.0
    Seems like either will be a well thought out and discussed selection. However, we won't really know what we have for the next couple of years!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope its not Khan cap guy 35 years old no personnel experience sounds like Tanny 7 years ago to me. Idzik or sundquist please no more learning on the job people we want real football guys that actually have a track record. I would see Woody hire him because he doesn't cost a lot and he could be Rexs B****.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or not.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I hope its not Khan cap guy 35 years old no personnel experience sounds like Tanny 7 years ago to me. Idzik or sundquist please no more learning on the job people we want real football guys that actually have a track record. I would see Woody hire him because he doesn't cost a lot and he could be Rexs B****.
    Khan has some say in personnel and would bring some scouts from the Steelers in no doubt. He is my number 2 guy behind Idzik.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Khan has some say in personnel and would bring some scouts from the Steelers in no doubt. He is my number 2 guy behind Idzik.
    Can we do a poll?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They both meet my 2 qualifications:

1. From a quality organizations
    2. Outside hires

Other than that, I have absolutely no clue how good they'll be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    HOw iis it 'looking' like that? Is there some report or tweet you're not sharing?
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._in_place.html

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it's Omar, I hope he's better than the last Omar we had in New York!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Khan is not even close to being Tanny 2.0
    This.

Crazy how big a leap people take when the only perspective they have is reading over-reactions on a message board.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i still think it's Gamble. Its been oddly quiet, just a lot of speculating out there. I don't think the media really has a clue at this point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    With all due respect so some of our posters...

None of us have any idea who the best candidate is...We are no in this back rooms and watching what is going on or what type of impact they have had on their current organization. We look at the organization they are coming from and hope for Seahawks or Steelers 2.0
    Seems like either will be a well thought out and discussed selection. However, we won't really know what we have for the next couple of years!!!
    I thought I was alone here...thank god I am not. I love how fans think they know anything about these guys without being in a single meeting. I've met plenty of execs from top firms on Wall Street that I thought were dense to put it kindly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody believes the media on what's going on with the gm search. Is there any reason to believe the media that a gm will be hired today?